Download Festival: 2012

Stevie B

I saw them in 2010 but I've become a much bigger fan of them since then. That said in my experience Biffy have been the far superior live act, plus Howard Jones has left KSE now.

And you can't miss Slash for Devin Townsend, surely.

Devin Townsend > Slash. Though, Slash was very good when him and Miles were at DL last time out.

• Like 1

I don't see seeing Devin Townsend as a derogatory thing, and I'd probably go and see DTP if they were clashing with most other bands, but for me Slash is...well, Slash.

Plus I'd recommend anyone go and see Slash and Myles who hasn't seen either of them before. Both great live independently of each other and with one another.

Actually, Download is now set to be the only Black Sabbath show of the 2012 tour, with every other set having been downgraded to "Ozzy and Friends". That's not to say that the same fate won't meet Sabbath's Download set if Tony Iommi can't make it, but that's how it stands right now.

I personally would not mind if it does end up being downgraded to Ozzy and friends. I love Ozzy's solo stuff anyway, obviously it's not Sabbath but it's the next best thing and you can hardly blame Iommi. I'm impressed he's still planning to make it to Download to be honest.

By that I of course don't mean 'make it' as in survive until then, but to actually go out and perform like that.

And I've only been once but I enjoyd the atmosphere at Download and would recommend it in a heartbeat. I had a great time there and the feeling of it all was totally different (in a good way) to Sonisphere.

Edited by AdamDRFC

Soil

Butcher Babies

Heaven’s Basement

Fozzy

Gun

The Marmozets

Cancer Bats

Upon a Burning Body

While She Sleeps

Dropkick Murphys

Red, White & Blues

The Defiled

James Cleaver Quintet

Sylosis

Kopek

Rise to Remain

Saxon

The Quireboys

Sebastian Bach

We Are The Ocean

Corey Taylor (Acoustic)

The Treatment

... all added this morning.

New layout attached.

post-7093-0-96133100-1330505523_thumb.pn

Holy shit, Soil are still a thing.

Hopefully they'll play that one song!

Though I like that you picked up on Soil still being around, out of a line-up that also features Sebastian Bach, Gun, Saxon, and the fucking Quireboys.

• Like 2

Though I like that you picked up on Soil still being around, out of a line-up that also features Sebastian Bach, Gun, Saxon, and the fucking Quireboys.

Halo!

That song was big when I was about 13/14. I don't know anybody that is a hardcore, dedicated Soil fan. If there's such a thing, I'd like to one day meet and marvel at them.

I just sort of glanced over that list at first and ooh boy, Corey Taylor doing an acoustic set!

Halo!

That song was big when I was about 13/14. I don't know anybody that is a hardcore, dedicated Soil fan. If there's such a thing, I'd like to one day meet and marvel at them.

I just sort of glanced over that list at first and ooh boy, Corey Taylor doing an acoustic set!

Corey Taylor played acoustic last year, I think. Sounds fucking dreadful.

I probably know Soil fans. But I know a lot of idiot heavy metal fans. Practically every time I DJ a heavy metal night I get asked to play "Halo", and half the time the people asking for it don't know who did it. I've been asked for "Halo by Disturbed" before. I don't own it, so I never play it, but every other DJ does, and it always inexplicably goes down really well. It's unavoidable.