Download Festival: 2012

Stevie B

So it seems that someone managed to get a hold of Kerrang magazine already and listed the bands from today's update:

Slash (Friday, 2nd Stage Headliner)

Rise Against (Sunday, 2nd Stage Headliner)

Steel Panther

Black Label Society

Billy Talent

Five Finger Death Punch

Kyuss Lives

Terrorvision

As I Lay Dying

Megadeth

Fear Factory

Periphery

Ginger Wildheart

Reckless Love

So it seems that someone managed to get a hold of Kerrang magazine already and listed the bands from today's update:

Slash (Friday, 2nd Stage Headliner)

Rise Against (Sunday, 2nd Stage Headliner)

Steel Panther

Black Label Society

Billy Talent

Five Finger Death Punch

Kyuss Lives

Terrorvision

As I Lay Dying

Megadeth

Fear Factory

Periphery

Ginger Wildheart

Reckless Love

Not interested/don't know those bands beyond the bolded. I should listen to Fear Factory and Billy Talent though, people are forever telling me they're good.

Delighted with Megadeth, Slash/Myles Kennedy, Five Finger Death Punch, Steel Panther. I would be with Rise Against too, but it looks like they are gonna clash with Soundgarden which I'm not chuffed with.

Also, Ticketmaster have fucked up big time...try to buy a ticket...and there's no option to deliver to the U.K. Well fucking done Ticketmaster. It better be fixed before the price increase tomorrow!

Delighted with Megadeth, Slash/Myles Kennedy, Five Finger Death Punch, Steel Panther. I would be with Rise Against too, but it looks like they are gonna clash with Soundgarden which I'm not chuffed with.

Also, Ticketmaster have fucked up big time...try to buy a ticket...and there's no option to deliver to the U.K. Well fucking done Ticketmaster. It better be fixed before the price increase tomorrow!

Why not use another ticket website? Seetickets and ticketline are both reliable (among many others).

Would rather see Steps and the fake poster line up than the load of shite that Download throws out year after year. One download festival would be more than enough to see every metal band they are ever going to choose from >_>.

But Matt, you should definitely check out the first two BillyTalent albums, they are great. I'm not so keen on the third but I think most other people are. Not a bad song on the first two though.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

Apparently there are 4 more bands on Friday main, 2 more on Saturday and 1 more on Sunday. That brings us to 8, 8 and 9 respectively. It's a little surprising, as the Friday usually has less, and the arena opens later.

Also, As I Lay Dying have been confirmed to be opening the Saturday main stage.

Been to Download far too much, and seen pretty much every band thats ever gunna come through that festival.

If you want heavy go to the first night of the ATP:I'll Be Your Mirror event at Alexandra Palace. Slayer, Sleep, The Melvins and Wolves In The Throne Room. What a stoners treat! Plus Big Business are probably likley to play too seeing as their around europe at the time and members are in The Melvins.

All that for 39 quid too!

Shinedown have self-confirmed and Andy Copping (Download booker) has also confirmed it.

Shinedown confirmed now alongside Killswitch Engage, NOFX, Black Veil Brides and Nightwish.

I was chuffed to see KSE back until I saw that they're gonna clash with Biffy Clyro, which means I'll probably end up missing them. Sonisphere had the right idea last year when they made it so that the two main stages didn't clash at any time.

Bah, I'm already missing either Devin Townsend Project or Slash, now I gotta miss either Killswitch or Biffy. Probably going to skip Killswitch since I'm not a massive fan of their songs (with the exception of a few) but I'd have liked to have seen them.