Download Festival: 2012

Stevie B

I feel like I should remember Halo (because I remember Soil and there is no other reason to remember them) but I really don't.

That latest announcement doesn't really do much for me, I'll go see Corey Taylor 'cos I quite like Bother and I'm under the impression that his setlist is Bother and a bunch of covers. I'll probably go see Fozzy too 'cos, well, Jericho... otherwise I'm not bothered by any of them.

Edit: Before anyone says anything, I'm aware that Bother is a Stone Sour song, I meant covers by non-Corey Taylor bands.

Edit 2: Actually Corey clashes with Metallica, I'd rather see Metallica.

Ah, OK then.

I feel like I should remember Halo (because I remember Soil and there is no other reason to remember them) but I really don't.

That latest announcement doesn't really do much for me, I'll go see Corey Taylor 'cos I quite like Bother and I'm under the impression that his setlist is Bother and a bunch of covers. I'll probably go see Fozzy too 'cos, well, Jericho... otherwise I'm not bothered by any of them.

Edit: Before anyone says anything, I'm aware that Bother is a Stone Sour song, I meant covers by non-Corey Taylor bands.

Edit 2: Actually Corey clashes with Biffy, I'd rather see Biffy.

Fixed.

It's been revealed that Corey Taylor won't be clashing with Metallica as the third stage closes before Metallica begin their set. That means that Corey will be clashing with Biffy Clyro instead.

From what I have read, this is not strictly true. Copping has said that Metallica's set will run considerably later than Corey's. I haven't seen him say anywhere that 3rd finishes before Metallica start.

For the last couple of years, third stage has started around the same time/just prior to main stage, and I'd be surprised if they back track on that.

EDIT:

Here are what the stage times were for last year:

Friday

1st: Def Leppard 2100-2250

2nd: Pendulum 2135-2250

3rd: Danzig 2100-2200

Saturday

1st: System of a Down 2115-2245

2nd: Alice Cooper 2100-2215

3rd: Funeral For a Friend 2110-2210

Sunday

1st: Linkin Park 2105-2245

2nd: Rob Zombie 2050-2205

3rd: Frank Turner 2110-2210

I'd guess the times'll likely be something like:

Metallica 2100-2250

You Me At Six 2135-2250

Corey Taylor 2100-2200 (maybe 2045-2145 at a push).

I think that's basically my stance on it, I've not completely ruled out missing a bit of Slash to see a bit of DTP but more than likely I'm going to see Slash because... it's fucking Slash.

Oh yeah, that talented guy, who helped make a bunch of incredibly over-rated music in the 80s!

Or.....Devin Townsend, who actually feels somewhat relevant >_>

Soil haters look away - they have confirmed they playing the acoustic stage on the Saturday too.

Okay, scratch what I said about Corey. He won't be clashing, because he is not headlining 3rd - he is sub-headlining and the band above is TBA. :)

Saxon, Fozzy, The Treatment and Heaven's Basement are all great live bands so I'm glad they've been announced. Looks like Fozzy will be on at a time when I won't mind missing other bands too.

Last year was tough...I had to miss Bill Bailey to see them. <_<

Edited by AdamDRFC

Saxon, Fozzy, The Treatment and Heaven's Basement are all great live bands so I'm glad they've been announced. Looks like Fozzy will be on at a time when I won't mind missing other bands too.

Last year was tough...I had to miss Bill Bailey to see them. <_<

I'm glad I went to see Fozzy instead of Bill Bailey. Was so much fun!

Totally agree, it was a blast. I only managed to convince one of my group to forego Bill Bailey and come see them, and he loved them even though he knew very little of Jericho and nothing of the band beforehand. I didn't even try to explain when he asked me why everyone was chanting "Cena Sucks" and "Funaki" though :lol:

Totally agree, it was a blast. I only managed to convince one of my group to forego Bill Bailey and come see them, and he loved them even though he knew very little of Jericho and nothing of the band beforehand. I didn't even try to explain when he asked me why everyone was chanting "Cena Sucks" and "Funaki" though :lol:

Yeah I brought a mate along to Fozzy who has no clue about wrestling. He just went along with whatever I started shouting.

I didn't even try to explain when he asked me why everyone was chanting "Cena Sucks" and "Funaki" though :lol:

My girlfriend saw them last year at...I guess it was probably Hellfest. They had "Funaki", "We Love Jim Ross" and "Steve Blackman" chants. Apparently one guy tried to start a "Chris Benoit" chant and two guys either side of him instantly took the initiative and started up a duelling "Let's Go Cena!"/"Cena Sucks!" chant to drown him out.

OK, now I want to go to Download again just so I can try and start random chants for 90's WWF jobbers.

• Like 1

I didn't even try to explain when he asked me why everyone was chanting "Cena Sucks" and "Funaki" though :lol:

My girlfriend saw them last year at...I guess it was probably Hellfest. They had "Funaki", "We Love Jim Ross" and "Steve Blackman" chants. Apparently one guy tried to start a "Chris Benoit" chant and two guys either side of him instantly took the initiative and started up a duelling "Let's Go Cena!"/"Cena Sucks!" chant to drown him out.

Sure it wasn't at Sonisphere? I seem to remember something similar happening with somebody getting stifled trying to chant for Benoit.

Sure it wasn't at Sonisphere? I seem to remember something similar happening with somebody getting stifled trying to chant for Benoit.

You might be right - I couldn't remember if she'd been to Sonisphere last year or not, and Hellfest was the one I remember she definitely did, but I think she may well have gone to Sonisphere too.

• 2 weeks later...

Terrorvision posted on their FB the running order for their stage on the day they are playing ("according to what DL sent them") it revealed that Europe and Symphony X are also playing, making the running order this:

Slash Feat. Miles Kennedy

Nightwish

Opeth

Little Angels

Europe

Terrorvision

Symphony X

The Quireboys

Red, White & Blues.