Assassin's Creed III

METALMAN

• 4 weeks later...

Having just finished Revelations I'm quite looking forward to this. Storyline wise I think it was necessary for them to bring it forward in time as the main Desmond storyline is set in

December 2012, when the solar flare is due to hit

so if they wanted to get to America they had to do it now as they were running out of time plotwise. That said it'll no way be the last game. They'll tie up the Desmond story arc with this game (and maybe a spin off or two, like Brotherhood and Revelations) but I think they can easily move on. They'll just run with a continuation of the Assassins/Templars feud, trying to rule the world in the aftermath. I hope they make some more anyway, my interest piqued when there were rumours of Victorian England. And maybe they'll kill Desmond off too.

I'll have to give it a few months before picking AC3 up though. The structure is far too repetitive to play them back-to-back. A bit like Zelda games.

Edited by ferencpuskas
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

So...anyone else get this today?

Haven't played much, but loving it so far. My favourite moment so far has been discussing Older Women Sex with Benjamin Franklin.

So...anyone else get this today?

Haven't played much, but loving it so far. My favourite moment so far has been discussing Older Women Sex with Benjamin Franklin.

Christ, just had this conversation. Didn't realise it would be an essay. >_>

"You mad bastard!"

Oh I'm enjoying it. The distances are just the current irritation.

Like the bit I've just done was around the Davenport Household so it's not MASSIVE distances, but it just seemed like everything involved going to the opposite side of the map for no real reason.

"You must meet me ALL THE WAY OVER HERE!"

"Why?"

"Because I want you to meet some guy Captain Haddock."

"...Okay. Now what do I do?"

"Now I wish you to meet me ALL THE WAY BACK OVER THERE!"

"I can't help feeling that I'm wasting my day. And that for a guy with a walking stick, you have too great a fondness for all this traveling up and down snow drifts. :/"