Assassin's Creed III

METALMAN

If it's American Revolution, it should have Philly of all places.

This. As a native of the Philadelphia area, the area is deep with Revolution era landmarks and monuments.

And didn't George Washington appear in one of The Truth mini games in AC2? Said he had possessed an Apple of Eden or something?

I lived in Philadelphia for 4 years and between that, Boston, Charleston, Williamsburg, New York, and either Baltimore or Annapolis there are a ton of fun urban environs to play in. Philly will be the height of the gameplay though and I can't wait to climb Independence Hall. And fucking Valley Forge. Let's not forget how awesome a winter level would be.

I'm excited for the setting, should have a lot of detail with the development. Plus, this setting opens up the opportunity for side sequels to be set in the Spanish Empire and French Empire. I'm excited. Hopefully they do something new with the gameplay though, I haven't gotten around to Revelations yet because at a certain point through Brotherhood I just felt like I had done everything I could do with Ezio. I will probably play it this summer though. Love the setting though, so much they could do with it. Not exactly sure how it fits with the storyline, but anything involving Templars is absurd pulp anyway so who cares?

If it was between this and French Revolution/Napoleonic Wars for setting I'd much rather the American War of Independence. I feel like we've done enough European-style cities already, enough cathedrals have been climbed.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just finished Revelations and the main storyline is getting to new levels of wackiness. I've played through all 4 games and even I'm not entirely sure of everything that's going on, so I have absolutely no idea how they intend to bring new players into the game at this stage. A 90 second catch-up video at the start of the game isn't exactly going to be enough to cover everything without confusing the hell out of a first time player.

It seems a bit of a drawback when you compare it to the GTA method of grouping their games into specific timelines and making a fresh start every so often.

I lived in Philadelphia for 4 years and between that, Boston, Charleston, Williamsburg, New York, and either Baltimore or Annapolis there are a ton of fun urban environs to play in. Philly will be the height of the gameplay though and I can't wait to climb Independence Hall. And fucking Valley Forge. Let's not forget how awesome a winter level would be.

I'm excited for the setting, should have a lot of detail with the development. Plus, this setting opens up the opportunity for side sequels to be set in the Spanish Empire and French Empire. I'm excited. Hopefully they do something new with the gameplay though, I haven't gotten around to Revelations yet because at a certain point through Brotherhood I just felt like I had done everything I could do with Ezio. I will probably play it this summer though. Love the setting though, so much they could do with it. Not exactly sure how it fits with the storyline, but anything involving Templars is absurd pulp anyway so who cares?

If it was between this and French Revolution/Napoleonic Wars for setting I'd much rather the American War of Independence. I feel like we've done enough European-style cities already, enough cathedrals have been climbed.

Philly isn't in the game though.

• Like 1

I've just finished Revelations and the main storyline is getting to new levels of wackiness. I've played through all 4 games and even I'm not entirely sure of everything that's going on, so I have absolutely no idea how they intend to bring new players into the game at this stage. A 90 second catch-up video at the start of the game isn't exactly going to be enough to cover everything without confusing the hell out of a first time player.

It seems a bit of a drawback when you compare it to the GTA method of grouping their games into specific timelines and making a fresh start every so often.

The mains toryline that holds them together is just utter shite anyway. I'd be surprised if anyone actually cares about it.

Edited by Vamp

More boring-ass horse riding between distant places of interest?

This is one thing I never understood about AC. You're basically playing a game within a game, why can you not just fast travel teleport to places? >_<

That was what I hated about the first one. I remember during the intro or whatever in AC1, they specifically say "We're going to leave out things that don't matter"..then I have to ride this fucking horse slower then a babys crawl...hated AC1.

Ok..having just cvompleted ACR, I don't get the shock that its based in the US...

When Desmond is talking tp Jupiter, it shows the location of the Grand Temple in the NE United States

They practically told you where it would be located then..

• 1 month later...

I'll probably wait until the price drops for this one, unless some amazing pre-order bonus comes about. I can make due without an extra weapon and mission. If there's a multiplayer and if people have no problems with finding matches, then I might get it sooner rather than later.

The time period is definitely interesting, though.

Boring American voice, but I love Assassin's Creed and the videos always sell it for me. Although saying that I pre-ordered the last one without even watching anything.Can't wait for it!

Actually, it's not just a boring American voice, it's a lame attempt at a Native American voice. So it's annoying to the demographic it's basing itself on. Good times.

Seriously though, aside from the voice, it looks pretty good. I'd love it if Bears and Wolves and what not would randomly attack you during missions if you stay around dead bodies long enough though. Adds some form of urgency to get the hell out of dodge after assassinating an important public figure >_>

Is it me or does the voiceover suggest he's not on either side and then the video just show him dominating endless Redcoats?

Given all the visual cues that are linked with the voiceover (e.g."...those who are *truly* free" - BIG SHOT OF USA FLAG), I doubt he ends up as neutral as all that.