Assassin's Creed III

METALMAN

I meant some period of his life, you sarcastic goit

:P

Well yes. I meant that presumably a spin-off game surrounding Haytham would probably have to take place when he was younger (I say this not even knowing if he definitely dies or what). Hence your choice is basically limited to the intervening 1754-73 "dicking about in the colonies" phase, or set pre-AC3 in 18th century London. I say "for some reason" because little or nothing of note happened during that time.

:P

Also Shaun Hastings must get his spin offs just for his amazing banter outside the Animus and also in all the little history articlelessons.

I loved Shaun in 2 and hood. But he really is shining out as an amazing comic relief in this game. Realy, the articles are great with his sarcastic comments and making wisecracks. Makes it a joy to read all the database entries when I finish a sequence.

I just finished the prologue bit (till the end of Seq3)

Pretty freaking big spoilers ahead.

Holy fucking shit I didn't see that twist coming at all.

You play the entire time thinking Haytam is an Assassin, then they throw that curveball in your face on the end showing he and his possé where actually templars.

I gotta say that I never saw it coming, I never suspected Kenway to be a Templar, and after they inducted Lee into the Templar Brotherhood I just sat there going ''WOAAAAAH".

I hope the story continues to be great, because I loved Haytam's story, I simply cannot hate any of the guys like Lee, Pitcairn etc.

hey actually made me love Templars. Ubisoft did a stellar job in humanising them and make them less of a true evil entity.

(Continuing discussion of the sequence 3 spoiler, minor reference to sequence 4)

Oh believe me, Lee really revels in the evil role. It's like a switch is flipped and he gets to run wild in full KNEEL PEASANTS mode.

But then, he already had the moustache for it. :shifty:

I do have to say that I'm really looking forward to the presumably-inevitable confrontation with Haytham in his new role as The Big Evil.

Oh god yes, first you're like "this Lee fella is really helpful, what a stand up guy", then he pulls off an incredible heel turn. What a dick.

Also Shaun Hastings must get his spin offs just for his amazing banter outside the Animus and also in all the little history articlelessons.

I loved Shaun in 2 and hood. But he really is shining out as an amazing comic relief in this game. Realy, the articles are great with his sarcastic comments and making wisecracks. Makes it a joy to read all the database entries when I finish a sequence.

Did they have those history animus popup things in the older games? I feel like I must have never cared if so, but I love them this time around.

Did they have those history animus popup things in the older games? I feel like I must have never cared if so, but I love them this time around.

As far as I know they have had it in 2,B,R. Not sure about the first game, but the snark factor has been turned on big time in AC3. Gotta love Shaun Hastings making wisecracks about stuff.

So I beat the game but the only person I actually have at the homestead is the woodworker. I had the black husband/wife duo move onto the land and the miner should be around, but I have no clue on how to actually get them to craft for me seeing as they still don't show up in the ledger.

So I beat the game but the only person I actually have at the homestead is the woodworker. I had the black husband/wife duo move onto the land and the miner should be around, but I have no clue on how to actually get them to craft for me seeing as they still don't show up in the ledger.

Go back to homestead and do a mission for them.

I just finished the prologue bit (till the end of Seq3)

Pretty freaking big spoilers ahead.

Holy fucking shit I didn't see that twist coming at all.

You play the entire time thinking Haytam is an Assassin, then they throw that curveball in your face on the end showing he and his possé where actually templars.

I gotta say that I never saw it coming, I never suspected Kenway to be a Templar, and after they inducted Lee into the Templar Brotherhood I just sat there going ''WOAAAAAH".

I hope the story continues to be great, because I loved Haytam's story, I simply cannot hate any of the guys like Lee, Pitcairn etc.

hey actually made me love Templars. Ubisoft did a stellar job in humanising them and make them less of a true evil entity.

(Continuing discussion of the sequence 3 spoiler, minor reference to sequence 4)

Oh believe me, Lee really revels in the evil role. It's like a switch is flipped and he gets to run wild in full KNEEL PEASANTS mode.

But then, he already had the moustache for it. :shifty:

I do have to say that I'm really looking forward to the presumably-inevitable confrontation with Haytham in his new role as The Big Evil.

Oh god yes, first you're like "this Lee fella is really helpful, what a stand up guy", then he pulls off an incredible heel turn. What a dick.

Sadly, if you actually bother to read the Animus entries fully, the one for Tia (you know, the native woman that's the other main character's mother) says something about having a close association with a known Templar. It's a bit of a, "Wait, what the hell is she ... oh. Well, shit, how the hell did a descendant of Altair and Ezio Auditore become a Templar?" moment, although technically said descendants also have the bloodline of a Templar woman, so it's not entirely far-fetched, know what I mean? Either way, the twist was ruined for me because the guys writing the Animus entries forgot that Tia has no relationship with Templars as far as you can tell - and the only possible close relationship with one is Haytham.

Fun times.

So, as an aside, everyone enjoying my cameo as the miner in the game? :shifty:

I hate this game so much! I have a gun and kill some dudes so my friends can come in. Then they tell me to shoot a barrel so we can blow the door off, but now I don't have a gun anymore? But I actually do. I have my pistol or whatever clearly hanging on my waist, but fuck if I can figure out how to draw it. That shit should be easy! This game is so stupid.

Yeah, there's a ton of stupid shit in this game. The most boring mission yet, I have to follow some guy... this guy has the vision of a fucking paranoid hawk. He can spot me GOD DAMN EVERYWHERE. It'd be fine if I didn't fail it so quickly then have to do this boring shit all over again. Worst part has to be how much the entire game is "Kill these thirty guys all at once and then kill this guy" rather than "You can sneak over here, quietly kill this guy, sneak past these guys, then kill this guy and no one knows."

No. There's one way to do every mission. You kill everyone at once. So disappointed.

I was planning on picking this up on Black Friday, should I be looking at Dishonored instead?

It depends on how cheap you can get it. It's maybe worth $30 or less.

I'm trading mine in tomorrow. This is yet another reminder of why I shouldn't buy most games new. Story was decent, naval combat was fun, and there were some great elements of exploration; navigating my way down a gigantic fucking cliff was maybe the most exhilarating moment of working my way through climbing around I've ever had in the franchise. But there's so much pointless shit and so many stupid game elements and the the final boss battle and what follows is so unbelievably "that's it? Really?" that I couldn't quite believe it.