Assassin's Creed III

METALMAN

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I know I'm bumping what is basically an inactive thread, but could somebody please tell me how to get rid of a convoy on my list? I just can't seem to find a way to get rid of it.

Very glad I've got Hitman as my number one Christmas list game. Think I will move XCOM above this into number 2.

I'm sure I'll enjoy this, at least to a point, but with more of you lot being annoyed by it than those not, I'd rather just wait until it's under 20 quid before I get it.

• 1 month later...

So I got the game with it being on sale for $40 at the moment. Made it to the second or third mission in Sequence 2 and did a couple of multiplayer matches. Kind of annoying that the multiplayer is on a separate disc now, but I'll learn to tolerate it. Am I right in assuming that there is no longer a straight up team deathmatch from the previous games? The Wolfpack thing is interesting, but I enjoyed facing actual players in non-objective game types. Still trying to get used to the layout of everything; been a while since I've had my hands on Revelations.

Over in the GOTY thread I saw a few people posting how this game was a letdown. What's so disappointing about it? I was thinking about getting it soon. I don't care about spoilers so spoil away if you have to

Over in the GOTY thread I saw a few people posting how this game was a letdown. What's so disappointing about it? I was thinking about getting it soon. I don't care about spoilers so spoil away if you have to

The closest I ever felt to feeling like an Assassin was when I took the game out and put Hitman in. If you want the game to play sneaky and kill people silently, don't bother. You'll fight hundreds of the same opponent all at once in a fairly standard game of Rock, Paper, Scissors each time and the Parkour doesn't really count for much outside of "Well, I guess I might as well climb this mountain rather than walk around the path." Personally, I expected a lot more from all the hype and it didn't deliver for me. Apart from the ship battles. Those are fantastic.

It's been so long that I forgot Manhunt was the team mode I was thinking of >_<.

Has anyone actually bought the season pass for the Washington thing? Wondering if it's worth it at all, as the idea sounds interesting.

Assassin's Creed III is a fucking fun game, and I never understand it when people state that they never felt like an assassin.. because those same basic gripes have been pretty much the same throughout the entire series... it's just not geared towards sneaking around as everyone seems to want to believe that it is. Sure there's a "you're spotted" system but there's nothing really for cover or being in the shadows.. and there barely has ever been with these games.

There's a lot of work put into the game, you can tell instantly and as you're playing it. The environments are lush, well detailed and practically living. The missions that you are sent on eventually do boil down to the same old, but they keep switching the locations and settings up. It's not something that I end up playing on a marathon but it was always nice to come back to and work on it after a while. Totally worth a playthrough in my opinion.

• Like 2

They may have fixed some of this by now but I found it buggy and unresponsive in a lot of places and I didn't care for the controls.

Assassin's Creed III is a fucking fun game, and I never understand it when people state that they never felt like an assassin.. because those same basic gripes have been pretty much the same throughout the entire series... it's just not geared towards sneaking around as everyone seems to want to believe that it is. Sure there's a "you're spotted" system but there's nothing really for cover or being in the shadows.. and there barely has ever been with these games.

There's a lot of work put into the game, you can tell instantly and as you're playing it. The environments are lush, well detailed and practically living. The missions that you are sent on eventually do boil down to the same old, but they keep switching the locations and settings up. It's not something that I end up playing on a marathon but it was always nice to come back to and work on it after a while. Totally worth a playthrough in my opinion.

To be fair, the most I played of other AC games was an hour or two in the second one. I jumped in at this one because "Assassin" had me assuming it'd feature those kind of things... and all of the reviews said it was a good one to jump in on.

I've played all of the Assassin's Creed games and II and II are my favorites. I love this one though. The setting all the extra things to partake in and the combat seems to be more fluid than the others.

I spend hours just hunting in the frontier and it makes me wonder why games like Cabela's deer hunting games can't take a clue from this and hunting in Red Dead Redemption.

Sure its extremely buggy(I'm sure the patches fix these bugs but I can't download them lol) but the fun to be had makes up for them.

The hunting will be fun for me, as I enjoyed it in Red Dead Redemption. I wasn't sure about this mainly because, from what I remember, the ending to Brotherhood was never actually explained (can't remember if it was in Revelations, but I seem to remember thinking it bringing forth more questions without answering old ones). The time period was definitely an interesting choice when it was first announced as I didn't think they would go that far ahead in time, but even being (probably not even) half way through it it works incredibly well and is fun.

The new stuff introduced as far as weapons/tools will be interesting to check out once I'm able. The multiplayer is still as fun as it was in Brotherhood and Revelations. The new abilities/revamps on old ones are nice (Wipe taking over Templar Vision and Mute more or less, Glimmer). My only gripe is being paired with people who focus more on getting more kills for themselves and just running up for Reckless kills even though I'm slowly stalking someone for a focus bonus.

My first AC game was Brotherhood, and I really enjoyed the series since then. I loved playing as Ezio, and Revelations was nice as I got to play a bit as Altair for the first time.

EDIT: Apparently I just didn't understand the ending to Brotherhood/had it answered to me today. The naval stuff was definitely fun and I can't wait to do it again.

Edited by Vitamin E

• 3 weeks later...

So I picked this up yesterday...yea, I'm loving it. The naval battles are a blast, I love the homestead stuff, and the trading is more fun then I thought..though I can't figure out how to use the naval trade routes, and I lost a almost 3k caravan :(

The release date for part 1 of the three part Tyranny of George Washington DLC has been announced as February 19th, and it'll be $10. Connor looks completely badass in the wolf costume

Tyranny_52843_screen.jpg

So I picked this up yesterday...yea, I'm loving it. The naval battles are a blast, I love the homestead stuff, and the trading is more fun then I thought..though I can't figure out how to use the naval trade routes, and I lost a almost 3k caravan :(

Do you not just have to clear the trade routes of their naval missions to lower the risk of your convoys being attacked?

Admittedly there's every chance I may have misunderstood/oversimplified it...