Assassin's Creed III

METALMAN

What are the odds that this game will also feature a completely pointless ending that makes no sense, answers nothing about the story and adds more questions than ever before? :shifty:

Well in theory they're working to a hard "averting the apocalypse" deadline so...it would have to be quite an impressive effort to wriggle out of it. :shifty:

Jesus fuck. I've been playing this for at least 4-5 hours now and the game still WILL NOT stop holding my hand. It's like the entire first half the game is a tutorial. I mean the story has been entertaining, but it's just been so boringly easy and without any freedom. I'm at the part where you're a teenager and you've just left the printing press in Boston.

So it was Assassin's Creed multiplayer? <_<

I've been thinking about getting this on PC since I don't have an Xbox anymore. Has anyone bought it or any AC game on PC who thinks it was as good or better than the console, specifically multiplayer?

Yay, I'm a proper assassin running around Boston doing random shit at last (although at the moment it's collecting almanac pages for the most part...).

I get the sense that I'm never going to get fully immersed into this whole trade/craft/convoy/etc. ledger book thing though - much like I never got into the whole European assassin missions with the taking/defending cities in the previous game (beyond the basic "send recruits on pointless mission to level them up"). It just doesn't seem like a fun game mechanic worthy of the time and attention it demands you dedicate to it.

Watch me now run out of money almost immediately. ¬_¬

Jesus fuck. I've been playing this for at least 4-5 hours now and the game still WILL NOT stop holding my hand. It's like the entire first half the game is a tutorial. I mean the story has been entertaining, but it's just been so boringly easy and without any freedom. I'm at the part where you're a teenager and you've just left the printing press in Boston.

I'm not even at that part yet and already kinda annoyed too. Game, I'm not a 12 year old kid, I want freedom dammit! :shifty: How fuckin' easy is shooting people? You don't even have to aim! The only time I've died is when I jumped off a roof by accident 'cause I pressed the wrong button. I've had to "desynchronise" a bunch of times though, due to the game mechanics fucking up, or just not understanding them. You get Lee as a companion, and at one point you need to get into a barn where Silas is and Church but it's in a protected area so you need to be sneaky. I fucked up several times thinking Lee wouldn't be able to climb houses and do ninja shit like me, so we got caught.....nope, he can <_< The fuck.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Complete...

That was... different?

That ending is a prime example of why companies like Ubisoft just can't stop milking their cash cows, even if it means running a story into the ground. Congratulations, you've ultimately done no good whatsoever and are now in a worse place than you started. Now play another five-six games in the hopes the last one flopped so they will at least think about providing a proper conclusion.

Currently in sequence 02. I can't believe how totally unintuitive and inconvenient the controls feel. I just beat Revelations yesterday and going from the controls of the Renaissance-period games to this is unbelievably jarring.

Okay, I will give the game this; there's been a lot of stuff about the game thusfar that I haven't liked, but...

The moment in Kenway's speech to Charles where I realized "oh fuck, they're Templars!" was a genuinely shocking, awesome moment.

Okay, I spent like $3500 on a sword, which means something in this game because money isn't as easy to acquire, and now it's fucking vanished from my inventory. What the fuck, Assassin's Creed 3?