Fabrice Muamba

Lineker

• Admin

Not that it's important at all right now - and obviously I can't comment on or compare his medical situation to others - but surely he won't play again after this? I mean, if you think back Clive Clarke survived a cardiac arrest after having one at half time of a match but was advised to retire - which he did.

You'd think not, even if he gets back to full fitness, the risk of this recurring is surely to great to comtinue playing.

• Admin

That guy from Twitter was in court today. BBC News article says he deleted his account but police got him anyway yesterday. Idiot.

A student has admitted posting racially offensive comments on Twitter about footballer Fabrice Muamba.

Liam Stacey, 21, appeared at Swansea magistrates' court after tweeting about the Bolton Wanderers player who collapsed during a FA Cup tie against Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.

The 23-year-old, who suffered a cardiac arrest, remains critically ill.

Stacey, a Swansea University student from Pontypridd, admitted a racially-aggravated public order offence.

He was arrested after his comments on the social networking site were reported by other users.

He has been released on bail and is due to be sentenced on 27 March,

Prosecutor Lisa Jones told the court: "Fabrice Muamba collapsed on the pitch and was believed to have died."

The court heard shortly afterwards Stacey posted the offensive comments.

Magistrates were told police forces across Britain received complaints following the comments.

Stacey tried to "distance himself" from the tweets by claiming his account had been hacked, the court was told.

Magistrates heard he later tried to delete his page but he was arrested on Sunday at his student house in Swansea.

When interviewed by police, Stacey said he had been drinking since lunchtime on Saturday and was drunk when he made the comments.

He told police: "I was at the bar when I heard what had happened to Muamba. I don't know why I posted it.

"I'm not racist and some of my friends are from different cultural backgrounds."

Stacey was close to tears as the evidence was given about his tweets.

The court heard he later texted a friend and said: "I said something about Muamba that I shouldn't have and tweeted back to some people who abused me. Getting police on me now which isn't good at all."

Stacey was told in court that he could be jailed over the comments.

He has been bailed until he is sentenced and has been ordered not to use Twitter and other social networking sites.

I've seen those tweets a few times now. The guy is a moron.

The people who were giving out his address and work details on Twitter were pretty stupid too. A bit of a non-sequitur but someone from here, I think, tweeted wondering why it was the Muamba incident that got people to unanimously pour scorn upon Sickapedia for a joke they tweeted about it, as opposed to all the other in poor taste Sickapedia jokes. I'd imagine the fact that this is something that happened on live television in front of a large audience has gone a long way towards shaping peoples reactions to it. It's made all the more immediate and real when you see something like that happen to a guy who is only 23.

• Admin

Fabrice Muamba was "in effect dead" for 78 minutes following his on-pitch collapse, Bolton Wanderers' club doctor Jonathan Tobin has revealed.

By the look of Dan Roan's twitter (@DanRoan), we're going to be getting interviews with the four doctors who treated him (Spurs club doctor, Bolton club doctor, cardiologist who ran onto the pitch, and his current hospital doctor).

"Two hours after [regaining consciousness] I whispered in his ear, 'What's your name?' and he said, 'Fabrice Muamba'. I said, 'I hear you're a really good footballer' and he said, 'I try'. I had a tear in my eye."

Quote from the doctor who ran onto the pitch. Outstanding.

• Like 8

Have to say if I was a porter at that hospital I'd be carrying my autograph book with me. Samba said he's coming back from Russia, and bringing Etoo and Carlos with him. Which sounds like a threat in fairness...

Have to say if I was a porter at that hospital I'd be carrying my autograph book with me. Samba said he's coming back from Russia, and bringing Etoo and Carlos with him. Which sounds like a threat in fairness...

They're probably escaping the bananas, Muamba is unrelated.

• Like 2