2012 MLB Thread

There's very little chance the Yankees blow this division. After the momentum from a win like that it just seems like a given.

If it winds up being an A's/O's wild card game I'll pull for the winner of that to go all the way just for the unlikeliness of it. Overall though this is shaping up to be a fun postseason.

There's very little chance the Yankees blow this division. After the momentum from a win like that it just seems like a given.

If it winds up being an A's/O's wild card game I'll pull for the winner of that to go all the way just for the unlikeliness of it. Overall though this is shaping up to be a fun postseason.

Verily, it does indeed look like a fun post-season.

They'll be a tough out in a series. All the teams with deep pens are going to be very tough in series play, as they usually are. Phillies in 08, Giants in 10, and Cardinals last year all had incredible pens. This year Oakland, Baltimore, and Cincinnati all have fantastic bullpens. The 70's are back!

Two thoughts regarding awards:

Cabrera has to be a lock for MVP. If someone wins the Triple Crown, the MVP going to anyone else but them has to be a joke.

If anyone other than R.A. Dickey wins the NL Cy Young, then fuck the motherfucking motherfucker who gets it instead.

Oh, and its looking like Boston is going to fire Bobby Valentine. That's good. He's being used as a scapegoat for how bad the Red Sox did this year, but I lol'd when I heard he had been hired in the first place as I thought he was a bad fit for that team, and I was more than proven right.

Edited by GhostMachine

Cabrera would be a lock for MVP if it wasn't a precedent that winning the Triple Crown doesn't guarantee you the award. Trout has a WAR of 10.7. That's one of the best totals for a hitter of all time (I believe top 20 in the live ball era). And his defense was arguably the best in the league. Triple Crown means nothing when Trout had a season topped only by Ruth, Gehrig, Hornsby, Ripken, Mays, Bonds, and Mantle.

neshektweetsbaby100412.jpg

How horrible...I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like