2012 MLB Thread

Guest Owned by Quickquid

My fantasy team is currently batting .161.

And we're beating Midget's team in that category. :lol:

My fantasy team has two RBIs.

And we're beating MPH's team in that category, as well as seven others. (H)

Suspiciously selective with what stats I post? Me?

Something is going to happen today...

...something that hasn't happened for a long, long time...

...something that probably has never happened...

...the Pirates are playing on ESPN. w00t.gif

And only a month after they lost the division lead, just in time to watch them fade out of wild card contention. ESPN being timely. :shifty:

• Like 1

Pirates still can get that coveted .500 seasons though. But I agree, I don't see them being able to hold on in a playoff race against St. Louis, San Fran, Cincinnati, LA, Atlanta, and Washington. To think one of those 6 isn't making the playoffs either when they're arguing the 6 best teams in the bigs is pretty wild too.

Meanwhile in the AL, I'm halfway confident about Baltimore's chances since the competition is much weaker.

I just get the idea that Boston have inherited Liverpool's idea of "it'll be our year next year" and given up.

Cause we all know how well that works :shifty:

That's pretty much every year Boston fans had between 1940 and 2004. Then we won the World Series twice, competed good a few other years. Now we're back to being like the Cubs.

Oh, and you prob know this already but if not - the people who own the Red Sox also bought Liverpool. Fitting, isn't it? Liverpool have played a couple of friendlies at Fenway Park. I wonder if the Sox will end up playing over there in exhibitions?

Guys have been coming close in September the last couple of years, but I really hope that Miggy wins the Triple Crown this year just so that I can say I saw someone do it. It's basically a two man race for the batting title and I think he'll win that since Trout's been dropping steadily for the last few weeks. The RBI crown is also a two man race between him and Hamilton, and he's +2 right now. Hitting the most HR should be the most problematic though since he's in 4th (3 less than Dunn/Hamilton and 2 less than Encarnacion) and someone like Dunn can easily go 0 for 20 and then hit 4 in 3 days. Encarnacion has nothing to play for and can just go for broke as well, so I think Cabrera ends up with 2/3 of it and falls short by 3 homers unless he goes berserk and hits 8 in 10 games or something like that.

I'm really hoping to see Miggy Cabrera win the AL MVP this year. Trout will have plenty of years to win that crown, but it's something that Miggy has never won yet despite being one of the 5 best hitters in baseball over the past decade. The only human who has been consistently better hitter than him in the past decade is Albert Pujols.

I'm really hoping to see Miggy Cabrera win the AL MVP this year. Trout will have plenty of years to win that crown, but it's something that Miggy has never won yet despite being one of the 5 best hitters in baseball over the past decade. The only human who has been consistently better hitter than him in the past decade is Albert Pujols.

While Cabrera for MVP is a nice thought, there is no doubt that Trout should win it, and win it easily. His WAR of 9.3 is 50% better than 2nd place Robinson Cano (6.2) (credit Jon Heyman on twitter). Trout is simply the best and deserves to win MVP easily.