2012 MLB Thread

As much as blowing that 4 run lead sucked for Detroit, it was a blessing in disguise since they still ended up winning the game and the Yankees lost Jeter for the year. At the end of the day, they were actually better off watching Valverde stink the joint up.

As much as blowing that 4 run lead sucked for Detroit, it was a blessing in disguise since they still ended up winning the game and the Yankees lost Jeter for the year. At the end of the day, they were actually better off watching Valverde stink the joint up.

I was thinking the same, the game took some years off of my life, but the Jeter injury helped, also helped to wear down their bullpen.

Coke made that interesting, but we're one Detroit win from a happy postseason for everyone outside of the Bronx.

Fuck yeah, next two are in Detroit. Next game see's Max Scherzer starting, and he's done quite well for us. Really hoping to just sweep these fucking Yankees and be done with their pesky asses.

I really hope A-Rod winds up heading to Miami next year...it's a win for both parties. In Miami he won't be treated like shit, and he can play in front of his hometown fans with a lot less pressure.

I've always been a big A-Rod fan, always arguing for this guy against Yankee fans who have had it out for him since he's arrived. I hear Yankee fans telling me that he's been awful since arriving...(8x All Star, 2x MVP, and 1x WS Champion - a World Series that he actually put the team on his back to win). He's certainly a douchebag, and suffers from similar vitriol from fans as Lebron James does, but on the field he was great. People had "best player ever" expectations, and instead got Hall of Fame caliber player...and complain about it.

In the past 12 years the Yankees have won 1 World Series. Over those years they have overpaid plenty upon plenty of guys. Only one overpaid guy has ever put this team on his back, became a complete gamechanger in the playoffs, and led this team to a title. So, definitely, A-Rod should have had bigger postseasons more often, but at the same time to direct all blame towards him is unfair because when you step back and think about it he's the only guy who has bailed the Yankees out when it mattered most.

I really hope A-Rod winds up heading to Miami next year...it's a win for both parties. In Miami he won't be treated like shit, and he can play in front of his hometown fans with a lot less pressure.

I've always been a big A-Rod fan, always arguing for this guy against Yankee fans who have had it out for him since he's arrived. I hear Yankee fans telling me that he's been awful since arriving...(8x All Star, 2x MVP, and 1x WS Champion - a World Series that he actually put the team on his back to win). He's certainly a douchebag, and suffers from similar vitriol from fans as Lebron James does, but on the field he was great. People had "best player ever" expectations, and instead got Hall of Fame caliber player...and complain about it.

In the past 12 years the Yankees have won 1 World Series. Over those years they have overpaid plenty upon plenty of guys. Only one overpaid guy has ever put this team on his back, became a complete gamechanger in the playoffs, and led this team to a title. So, definitely, A-Rod should have had bigger postseasons more often, but at the same time to direct all blame towards him is unfair because when you step back and think about it he's the only guy who has bailed the Yankees out when it mattered most.

What about his abysmal (at best) post season record outside of 2009 with the Yankees (and the fact that he was good in the post season with Seattle) ?

What about the fact that he's had a worse average in his tenure in NY than his time in Seattle and Texas combined (.292 vs .307) ?

What about the fact that his slugging % is significantly less as a Yankee ?

What about the fact that his OPS is significantly lower as a Yankee ?

That 2009 season ... Teixeira actually had a better year, everyone contributed in the ALDS (Swisher, Jeter, Matsui with ARod in game 1 - Teixeira with the GWHR in game 2 - Posada, ARod and the pitching staff in game 3), Sabathia won the ALCS for them, and Matsui was the best player in the WS. Throughout the post season guys like Melky, Swisher, and Cano had several key at bats.