• David Silva (Manchester City)
  2. 2. PFA Young Player of the Year

• Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
    • Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)
    • Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
    • Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea)
    • Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)
    • Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

The shortlists have been announced. Select your picks from the options above...or, you know, rant about what other player ought to be the winner. The real winners are announced this coming Sunday.

RVP and Aguero for me.

• Like 1

Danny Simpson

RVP and Aguero. It's not really a contest. I still rate Aguero as the most dangerous player in the league in terms of being able to conjure something from nothing but he's been a bit inconsistent this season and RVP's goalscoring record speaks for itself.

• Like 1

Arsenal and Aguero. How Rooney got nominated is baffling (well, it's not) he's not even been Man Utd's best player.

I'm pretty sure MJB is the one person who's voted for Rooney so far. Let's ask him. :shifty:

• Like 1

Always a strange one the young player award, because often you have to remember how old people are and lots of players are rubbish at maths.

Seriously though its often those fringe 'big club' players who end up there, not a big issue since it'll be Aguero anyway.

• Like 1

I'm told Mata is young enough to be considered for the Young POTY (don't ask me, I can't keep track of these things). Not that he would win it, but I would have put him as one of the nominees ahead of, I dunno, Chamberlain maybe.

• Like 1

I'm told Mata is young enough to be considered for the Young POTY (don't ask me, I can't keep track of these things). Not that he would win it, but I would have put him as one of the nominees ahead of, I dunno, Chamberlain maybe.

I think you have to be <24 on the final day of the season, Mata wouldn't be.

• Like 1

I think Dempsey is the biggest shock tbh, him and Valencia not getting nominated. With the young player though Chamberlain I am unsure of as a nomination, has he played many games in the league for Arsenal? And by that I mean not coming on for like 10/15 minutes like he was for the start of the season.

Also Welbeck being nominated :wacko:

• Like 1

Like I said earlier, Van Persie and Aguero are the clear winners in my eyes. Hopefully it is one of those years when the deserving win and not like in 1999 when Ginola somehow won instead of Dwight Yorke :o

• Like 1