The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

He'll go back to fitting tyres after he's finished messing around being a footballer, a proper trade and all that. And let's face it, we all know why Big Grant Holt's put a transfer request in - Del Piero's just ended his career at Juventus and he needs a replacement. BGH is that man. Nailed on.

And Pippo Inzaghi.

BIDDING WAR!

He's in his 30s so he's Harry Redknapp territory. Grant Holt's 'triffic.

The more I think about it, the more it wouldn't surprise me if it was Spurs that are after him. He'd be fairly cheap, it would be quite Redknapp-esque to tap him up, Saha only signed a short term contract I believe, Pav is as good as out, I'm sure I read that Defoe might be looking for more regular football and Adebayor's loan is up. It's possible (though pretty unlikely) that Spurs could be left with just VDV up front. Obviously he wouldn't be first choice or anything, but he'd be pretty decent backup.

Bit of a long shot but do you think it could be related to not getting a place in the Euro squad? He could well be thinking that if he were playing somewhere bigger he'd be on that plane. Granted at 31 it could be a bit late for him to feature for England again, but you never know.

Bit of a long shot but do you think it could be related to not getting a place in the Euro squad? He could well be thinking that if he were playing somewhere bigger he'd be on that plane. Granted at 31 it could be a bit late for him to feature for England again, but you never know.

It's possibly a factor but I don't think it'd be the sole reason. I doubt he'd hand in a transfer request unless he knew a bigger club was interested in signing him. Unless he keeps his form up for the next 2 years I do think England is out of the question now he hasn't been called up for the Euros

• Admin
TOTTENHAM are worried about signing Loic Remy because of a heart problem.

Boss Harry Redknapp has met the Marseille striker and talks are ongoing about an £18million deal.

But Remy has a heart defect which almost led to his transfer from Nice to Marseille falling through two years ago.

Spurs will ensure Remy has a stringent medical before any deal after witnessing Fabrice Muamba’s collapse at White Hart Lane.

A source told SunSport: “Spurs really want the player but do not want to take any chances.”

Can't imagine he'll cost very much either considering his age. I really hope Lambert leaves, because it hurts liking a manager of Norwich. It'll be fantastic if their manager and their club hero both leave, I'll enjoy that alot.

I'll be surprised if Lambert leaves for Villa they are a club in decline, Lambert gets his wages doubled now he has kept us up to 40k a week. Hopefully he will stay, I like Holt but lets not forget even Michael Ricketts had one good season in the Prem.If he doesn't want to be there sell him as you will get more for him now after the season he just had.

• Like 1

Aston Villa are not a club in decline.. Portsmouth are a club in decline.

I would like to see him stay at Norwich, but if he goes to Villa it's understandable. They can probably offer him higher wages (wasn't McLeish on one of the highest salaries in world football?) and Villa have more potential to get to the top end of the league than Norwich.

It'd also be the second time in a row that Lambert had moved jobs to join the team that he had just beaten in the league. Three years ago Lambert took his Colchester side to Carrow Road for Norwich's first game in League One and resoundingly annihilated them 7-1. A week later he had the job at Norwich!

I wouldn't say Villa are a team in decline. I'd say they are a team that hasn't lived up to the potential that the squad has (Sounds familiar) and with the right manager and the right style of football then they should finish alot higher up than 17th.

Depends who they get in though, I think Lambert should be able to get the most out of a team who on paper have a team capable of being a good attacking side rather than playing 7 defenders in the starting line up.