The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Agree, could be a brilliant signing for them and I look forward to seeing him in the PL, no hard feelings over this at all, best of luck to him.

Chelsea could have a lovely attacking line for next season with Hazard coming in and possibly Hulk also joining. That'd give them Hazard, Hulk, Torres and Mata all up there, that'd look pretty that great really.

I'm hoping this means we'll be in full pursuit of Kagawa now.

:w00t:

Just think: if we get Hazard AND Hulk, kids up and down the country are going to be horribly torn for which name to get on their shirt.

Split: Everything I read before said that they'd agreed a fee of 40m euros/£32m with the various clubs before Hazard made his decision.

The Buzz number on a few newspaper articles and on twitter in terms of his wages is something like 78mil over 5 years and the agent will get something like 6 mil.

Also yeh while he is certainly a gifted player, he just comes across as a right cunt. Will be a good signing for Chelsea though and it will certainly be interesting to see how he develops.

Agree, could be a brilliant signing for them and I look forward to seeing him in the PL, no hard feelings over this at all, best of luck to him.

Chelsea could have a lovely attacking line for next season with Hazard coming in and possibly Hulk also joining. That'd give them Hazard, Hulk, Torres and Mata all up there, that'd look pretty that great really.

I'm hoping this means we'll be in full pursuit of Kagawa now.

United only really need a few tweaks here and there and kagawa would be a great and affortable addition so I hope they land him.

The Buzz number on a few newspaper articles and on twitter in terms of his wages is something like 78mil over 5 years and the agent will get something like 6 mil.

That's £300,000 a week, I doubt he'll be paid that much.

That can't be true. He's not at arsenal so there's no way they are buying him. :)

On a serious note I don't think city are interested in Dawson or Defoe but I could be wrong. Other than that it's not a bad list.

Edited by Christain#1

I thought that Chelsea were trying to do away with egos? :rolleyes:

Don't know where you would have got that from... I'm pretty sure Chelsea don't give a shit so long as they play football.

Current first choice (maybe) eleven, without presuming other transfers:

Torres

Mata - Hazard - Ramires

Lampard - Mikel

Cole - Terry - Cahill - Ivanovic

Cech

That's taking the usual blind punt on whether Cahill or Luiz is preferred, of course...

And that is why Hazard will have chosen Chelsea, the role that he will play there will be nearly identical to the one he plays for the national team, the one he preferred to play for Lille and the one that suits him best. At neither Manchester club did it seem he would be guaranteed to start or guaranteed to play in that withdrawn number 10 role. Surely Torres will even thrive with Hazard now behind him to set him up? Or is that just too ridiculous.

Honestly believe Hazard will be worth every penny spent on him. Since Goetze got injured he has been easily the best young player in the world over the past year, no one really comes close to him.

Chelsea are building a very frightening team for the future if they carry on this way - Hazard, Mata and Lukaku (who I'm sure will come good) could be there for another ten years or so. They need to start building a younger defence and buy a replacement for Lampard and they could be a really good team.