The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

I'd rather earn marginally less and live in London or Barcelona than cope with Anzhi. Money is money, but a touch of quality of life is quite nice too.

Anzhi players live and train in Moscow, and only go to Dagestan for their home matches. Which I'm sure is delightful. :)

That said I'm sure he could move to a big European club and compete for honours, if he went to Barcelona though I wouldn't be surprised to see him become lesser favourite when David Villa is fully fit.

Yeah I knew that, and that daft plane flight to every game would also be factored into my decision. I know 'doing it for the fans' is a thing of the past according to some people, but representing a place effectively three countries away from your training base doesn't feel appealing.

I'd genuinely love to see him at Barca, with a tiny bit of adjustment he could fit the system. Admittedly that tiny adjustment is moving Messi to the right or in the hole, but still...

• Admin

Steven Caulker has signed a new Spurs contract which will see him through until 2016. Really excited for him hopefully breaking into our first team this year. A partnership of him and Kaboul sounds really exciting.

Barnsley have signed former Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Ben Alnwick on a two-year deal. :lol:

Goalkeeper Fraser Forster has joined Celtic on a four-year deal from Newcastle United for a reported £2m fee.

Fabio Nunes has signed for an undisclosed fee from Portimonese SC and has agreed a three-year contract with Blackburn.

Reading have completed the signing of Russian striker Pavel Pogrebnyak after he was granted his work-permit.

The 28-year-old has penned a four-year deal and arrives on a free transfer from Stuttgart , after finishing last season on loan with Fulham.

Reading beat a number of club's to seal his signature and manager Brian McDermott was very happy to have got his man.

"We're delighted. It's been a long process to get Pavel to the club and now he's officially a Reading player and everyone is looking forward to working with him," he told the club's website.

"Having met Pavel, he is a top guy, his work ethic is excellent and I'm sure he will be very important to our group in the coming years."

That's a fantastic signing for them, on free transfer too.

Tottenham have agreed to sign defender Zeki Fryers in a move that has infuriated Manchester United and will be resolved at a tribunal.

The 19-year-old has accepted a £20,000-a-week contract offer to move to White Hart Lane after his contract with United expired this summer and he refused to sign a new deal as they would not meet his wage demands.

The Red Devils are entitled to compensation as they brought Fryers through their youth system, but the fee will be decided by an independent tribunal as the Old Trafford club want £6 million for the left-back while Spurs rate him at around £2m.

Fryers is understood to have been told that he will go straight into the Spurs first-team squad under new head coach Andre Villas-Boas as competition for Benoit Assou-Ekotto, with Danny Rose likely to leave the Londoners this summer.

The defender, who broke into Sir Alex Ferguson's first-team squad last season, will join Ravel Morrison and Paul Pogba as the latest promising youth prospect to turn his back on the club.

Sir Alex has already expressed concerns over the full-back’s future, admitting that the club had not been in contact with him during the post-season break.

"We haven't heard anything from Zeki Fryers," said the United boss to MUTV on Monday. "I don't know what's happening there but he's not been in touch with the club. His agent hasn't been in touch with the club and I can only assume he'll be back for training."

Fryers made his debut in the Red Devils’ 3-0 victory over Leeds in last season's League Cup but has not appeared in the Premier League since his side’s Boxing Day defeat to Blackburn.

The move will signal a third high-profile departure of United's brightest young talent in half a year, with Morrison having joined West Ham in January and Pogba moving to Juventus on Tuesday.

Ferguson accused Pogba of showing the Old Trafford club “a lack of respect” following his switch to the Turin giants, with the Frenchman having been locked in a contract dispute with United for a number of months.

Asamoah Gyan completes his transfer to Al-Ain, £6m on top of the £6m they paid to take him on loan last season. And apparently the £13m we originally spent on him was never fully paid as it was full of add ons and clauses etc. so they reckon we made a small profit on him. No crumb of comfort though when you consider the manner in which he left last season after the season had started and leaving us pretty high and dry.

£140k a week no tax. Absurd money.

Asamoah Gyan completes his transfer to Al-Ain, £6m on top of the £6m they paid to take him on loan last season. And apparently the £13m we originally spent on him was never fully paid as it was full of add ons and clauses etc. so they reckon we made a small profit on him. No crumb of comfort though when you consider the manner in which he left last season after the season had started and leaving us pretty high and dry.

£140k a week no tax. Absurd money.

Money is great but I still can't get my head around it.

Short term, he'll make a shit tonne of money but playing at that level can't do much for longevity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2169653/Matthew-Lowton-signs-Aston-Villa.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Matthew Lowton from Sheff Utd signing for us today. Any of you guys seen him play/know much about him?

One of few players they've got to cause Stevenage real trouble at the end of the season. Not sure how he'll cope at the higher level but was stand out from their line up the last few weeks of the season.