The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Newcastle seems to have agreed a deal for Coventry midfielder Gael Bigirimana. Does anybody know if he's good?

I'm a Coventry fan who saw Gael play regularly last season, and I thought he was pretty good, but after he got sent off in one game, his confidence and form really tailed off (then again, he was playing in a team that got relegated from the Championship). Nevertheless, he's a hard worker who could dispatch a lovely long ball, and I think he could develop even further at Newcastle... I just hope we've got a fair price for him :P

Newcastle seems to have agreed a deal for Coventry midfielder Gael Bigirimana. Does anybody know if he's good?

I'm a Coventry fan who saw Gael play regularly last season, and I thought he was pretty good, but after he got sent off in one game, his confidence and form really tailed off (then again, he was playing in a team that got relegated from the Championship). Nevertheless, he's a hard worker who could dispatch a lovely long ball, and I think he could develop even further at Newcastle... I just hope we've got a fair price for him :P

1M pounds.

Also, Diego Forlan finally agreed to join brazilian club Internacional.

AAAAAAND Park Ji-Sung is going to QPR.

Edited by RafaelFms
  • Like 3

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/7875531/Riether-seals-Cottagers-switch

Fulham have completed the signing of right-back Sascha Riether on a season-long loan from Cologne.

The Cottagers have the option of signing Riether permanently upon the conclusion of his loan from the Bundesliga club.

The 29-year-old has won two caps for Germany and is relishing the prospect of playing football in a new environment.

"It feels like I've had a long break from football and for me this is a new experience in a new country."

Sascha Riether

Quotes of the week

Riether, who can also operate in midfield, spent last season at Cologne after joining from Wolfsburg.

Experience

"I feel very pleased to have signed," he told the club's official website.

"It feels like I've had a long break from football and for me this is a new experience in a new country.

"Fulham is a good club, a big club with a big tradition and for me it's great to be here.

"I played here one time with Wolfsburg and I remember Craven Cottage being a great stadium with great fans, and I hope I can go on to have a great season here."

Woodgate is going back to Middlesborough. Also Wayne Bridge is going to Brighton on loan.

Can't wait for us to finally sign someone :(

Lowton deal is confirmed. Villa have made 3 signings already. None of them stupidly expensive or from the Premiership either. Wonderful!

Villa are doing what Newcastle did last year. Hire good players from outside the Premier League without spending too much.

Edited by RafaelFms
  • Like 3

Feel like I'm missing another EWB meme, but who are the 3 people who +1 every one of Rafaels posts, even the boring ones?

Edit: Park Ji Sung! Thats a right signing, proper jealous. Also, Pogrebnyak is another 'do I put him in my Fantasy Team' signing, too many forwards now...

Edited by Colly

Feel like I'm missing another EWB meme, but who are the 3 people who +1 every one of Rafaels posts, even the boring ones?

Edit: Park Ji Sung! Thats a right signing, proper jealous. Also, Pogrebnyak is another 'do I put him in my Fantasy Team' signing, too many forwards now...

I was also wondering that. I'm not too liked in EWB.

• Like 4

Apparently Newcastle are looking to sign Melbourne's Curtis Good too. Leon Best, then Curtis Good..

PS. Hi 9 to 5, nice to see you're well. :)

The deals already been agreed. Their just waiting on Good to return from international duty to officially announce it.

You divide opinion like no other. You are the most controversial superstar in EWB history.

"PLUS ONE RAFAEL!" "MINUS ONE!"

You divide opinion like no other. You are the most controversial superstar in EWB history.

Now can I refuse to job to other users?

• Like 3

No.

No.

crying.gif

• Like 2

• Admin

Northern Ireland skipper Steven Davis has become the latest player to leave crisis club Rangers by signing for newly-promoted Southampton. The 27-year-old midfielder was captain of the Scottish side but left after rejecting a transfer to the newco club. Davis, who follows NI team-mate Kyle Lafferty out of Ibrox, has agreed a three-year contract with the Saints.

Southampton have agreed a deal with Netherlands side Vitesse Arnhem to sign defender Alexander Buttner. The 23-year-old left-back had been linked with Fulham, QPR and Werder Bremen but has chosen Premier League new boys Southampton. The move is subject to Buttner passing a medical which will be held next week.

Hearts have announced the departure of Spanish winger Suso and confirmed that striker Craig Beattie has also left Tynecastle.

Arsenal have confirmed that Denilson has rejoined Sao Paulo on another season-long loan deal.

Preston goalkeeper Richard Wright has left Deepdale after just one week saying he cannot see himself settling away from his family in East Anglia. The former England international has had his one-year contract terminated with immediate effect.