The Last of Us

King.

Found a little easter egg, don't know if it has already been mentioned or if anybody else found it, but...

On the toy store right after you meet Henry and Sam, there's an Uncharted board game and a Jak & Dexter board game.

Cool stuff.

My favourite easter egg is a newspaper that has Justin Bieber playing Drake in an Uncharted film.

just curious, in multiplayer what is everyones... strategy when playing with randoms and not friends? just go rambo style? try to just work with what they do?

I just basically try and follow the best ranked player on my team to provide support with my hunting rifle and healing. If I'm the best ranked player, I tend to do what I want to and try collecting shitloads of loot so that I can get molotovs, powered up melee weapons, and shivs.

Just reached Winter last night. I'm going to be pissed if all my loot is gone. Had some more problems with the game, too... so if you're going to cry about the game not being perfect, don't read the spoilers. >_>

Really didn't like the lack of functionality that happens when you're Ellie for the first time and sneaking past Clickers. I can understand the lack of loot, but I'd gotten used to being able to survive Clicker kills... and suddenly that's taken away? Even though Ellie has a BETTER knife than Joel? That pissed me off. It's like - okay, I get that they're trying to simulate a feeling of being less prepared because you're not Joel now, but to take away a well defined rule that I'd spent progress towards and not tell me is pretty shitty.

The hunting bit was lovely, though. And the scene before Winter... :crying:

Nah, fuck that, Ellie's part was one of the best

because you've had things taken away. Having to sneak around that lakeside area was fucking immense.

• Like 3

just curious, in multiplayer what is everyones... strategy when playing with randoms and not friends? just go rambo style? try to just work with what they do?

Depends. If you're all playing as a team then stick to your strengths and the loadout you're comfortable with. If everyone decides to go solo then pick a long range weapon and stay behind them. At least when they die you'll get an easy follow up down/execution. If my team is playing like that I aim for a 1:1 ratio as it's nigh on impossible to beat a well organised team by yourself.

Oh and molotovs. Craft lots of molotovs.

Edited by ZJ Penn

Just reached Winter last night. I'm going to be pissed if all my loot is gone. Had some more problems with the game, too... so if you're going to cry about the game not being perfect, don't read the spoilers. >_>

Really didn't like the lack of functionality that happens when you're Ellie for the first time and sneaking past Clickers. I can understand the lack of loot, but I'd gotten used to being able to survive Clicker kills... and suddenly that's taken away? Even though Ellie has a BETTER knife than Joel? That pissed me off. It's like - okay, I get that they're trying to simulate a feeling of being less prepared because you're not Joel now, but to take away a well defined rule that I'd spent progress towards and not tell me is pretty shitty.

I agree with Benji - had they made Ellie play just like Joel it would have been partly a waste of time. By making her play differently, it puts you in a different mindset. And although Ellie has a better built knife - it's still not a great knife, and she doesn't have the size that Joel has to stab 'em perfectly and bring them down to the ground.

• Like 1

I still haven't played this multiplayer. I guess I should.

You should, Survivor is way too much fun.

I agree with Benji - had they made Ellie play just like Joel it would have been partly a waste of time. By making her play differently, it puts you in a different mindset. And although Ellie has a better built knife - it's still not a great knife, and she doesn't have the size that Joel has to stab 'em perfectly and bring them down to the ground.

What he said, even the stealth kills take a while, and it can make all the difference between being spotted and getting away.

Just got the truck and did the bit after the truck. I am not budgeting my ammo at all but fuck it I'm surviving. Oh and forget clickers. Fuck those bloated ones! I hope I never see another one

Just light them on fire!