The Last of Us

King.

Regarding the ending..

With Last Of Us 2 & 3 trademarked - I figured that the arc would be:

Game 1: Ends with you getting the girl to the Fireflies so you can synthesize the cure

Game 2: Something happens, the girl is kidnapped by another faction - you have to get her back playing as both Joel and Ellie apart from each other (much like Winter)

Game 3: After being reunited in 2, effort is made to spread the cure across the country and world

But.. god damn. I honestly never saw that twist with the Fireflies coming and I was even starting to think for a split second that the 2nd and 3rd games were trademarked to fool everyone and that Joel might leave Ellie at the last minute.

End-Game Spoilers:

Assuming they stay with Joel & Ellie, I'd guess the second game will involve Ellie discovering the truth and you playing as both characters individually a bit more. Maybe ending with Joel sacrificing himself in an act of redemption that depresses the shit out of everyone who plays it. The final game being Ellie finally synthesising a cure and everyone goes home miserable

:shifty:

What do you get with new game plus? All your weapons and boosts carried over?

Also, I want to reiterate my disappointment at the lack of infected online. After playing the

stand-off in the hut with David and Ellie

a survival mode just seems like such a no-brainer.

Edited by ZJ Penn

For the first couple of times I played it and loaded up my save, it was sooo slow in doing so. BUt since then, it's been about average loading times.

I'm on winter now, but the game keeps on freezing, typically just about when I'm about to strike with a stealth kill.

The next time I sit down to play will be the last time I play before beating the game.

So bittersweet. I DON'T WANT THIS TO END!

EDIT - I beat it. And, well, yeah.

I don't know where things go from here. Ellie was ready to give her life for the cure it seemed. I'm pretty certain we're getting a trilogy out of this, but the ending makes me think it's gonna start with Ellie finding out the truth and everything just falling apart from there. Things are gonna get sadder and this isn't gonna have a happy ending.

Just came across my first Bloater.

Am I the only one that hates that idea? It's chucking spores at me, and hit me twice, surely I should be infected now?

I also thought I was being quite conservative with my weapons, but I have no ammo left for my shotgun or longbow, I'm out of shivs, and my pistol is running low. This concerns me.

Just came across my first Bloater.

Am I the only one that hates that idea? It's chucking spores at me, and hit me twice, surely I should be infected now?

I also thought I was being quite conservative with my weapons, but I have no ammo left for my shotgun or longbow, I'm out of shivs, and my pistol is running low. This concerns me.

Naw, not at all. The places where you see spores and have to put the mask on are compact, horribly ventilated areas where the spores have been able to fester for a long time. That being said they're still VERY deadly if you stand in a cloud of them for too long.. like the spores are attacking your lungs directly.