The Last of Us

King.

People jumped to conclusions when the game was shown at E3 because the character looked a lot more like her during the initial development, and because she'd announced she was voice a game, but it turns out she was voicing the character in the new Quantic Dream game.

Finished the part with...

... Henry and Sam. Or as I called them - Not Michael and Not Walt. I didn't feel any sadness at the end of their section, glad to get rid of the pair of pains in the ass. They weren't bad characters, in fact it was an interesting mirror, but they're the weakest of the supporting cast so far.

Yeah, she's not in this game at all.

But back to the game itself. Just got to the gameplay part that I saw which made me want to play the game. It was super intense. The only time I've been frustrated is one instance where I KNOW there was no one behind me, I had cleared everything out.. but after being spotted I got killed by someone who came from behind and smashed me in the back of the head when I was just finished off someone else.

But I love the way the weapons in this game work and the true feeling of suspense you get while moving around. It's so satisfying to do something the way that you meant it to happen, but if stuff goes south.. oh man. There is a very real sense of panic as you run around, try to get your bearings, scan to see if one of the enemies is a Clicker...

• Like 1

I dunno guys, Ellie and other party members can really let this down for me at times. Nothing really breaks the immersion more than Ellie running and hiding directly next to a Walker and not getting spotted. Or her getting in the way when I'm trying to get behind cover.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but sometimes I definitely feel like the AI is one of it's weaker aspects.

So far, ultimately I enjoyed Tomb Raider better. I think this probably has better visuals, though.

Tomb Raider was very much a walk-in-the-park game though. I did one thing, did another, and never really had to think about it.

I'm thinking a whole lot more here, the immersion can get messed up by the AI but it's not anything that's really affected the gameplay. In fact, nothing so far has come to interfere with the gameplay.

Yeah. I can ignore the fact that Ellie is running around like a goon because I'm more focused on how the fuck I'm gonna get around this current situation.

That's cool for you guys, but maybe I'm experiencing a few more problems with her. It's hard to focus on how to get out of an area when Ellie is standing in front of a clicker and running around. For me I've had a lot of experiences where it has effected the gameplay, because I feel like she's in the way, or the AI acts the wrong way. There's been a ton of moments where I'll be crouched, completely hidden from view and an enemy will find me. Seriously, it's a good game, but it's definitely not without flaws. Maybe you guys have had more luck than me, but I've found there's been a lot of moments where I've died and instead of thinking "That was my fault, I fucked that up", I'm thinking "For fucks sake, how could he see me there?" or "For fucks sake, I'd have survived if Ellie wasn't slowly wandering through the doorway."

Hotel basement. Hotel basement. Hotel basement.

I have never been so fucking scared in all of my god damn adult life.

Oh, and in terms of the AI? It's been AMAZING for me. Especially when it comes to how complex it would have to be and my simple understanding of what it takes to get an AI to do even the simplest of things. In fact I've had mutliple times where my teammates SHOULD have been spotted but weren't They seem to be given a lot of leeway.. and honestly, if things didn't fuck up every once in a while in terms of my partners doing what I wanted them to I wouldn't have gotten into some amazing fights.

AARGH I STILL HAVE TO FIND A KEYCARD. I am slowly losing my sanity.

Word of advice, don't start the generator until you go upstairs and loot EVERYTHING. It makes this much easier without the big fat ass chasing you around.

God I hate those fucking bloaters, I haven't been more terrified of an enemy since the first time I faced a Berserker in the first Gears of War.

Just finished the game a few minutes ago. Wow. Naughty Dog continues to be one of my favorite game developers. They usually take their time getting stuff out but everything from Jak to Uncharted to this has been amazing.

The AI is a bit stupid and I do find it annoying that sometimes Ellie will literally stand in a doorway that I need to get through to shank a clicker, but it doesn't happen that often. Tell me how much MORE annoying it would be if your partners got spotted by enemies, this would be unplayable if it were like that.

Remember, Benji has no life and simply sits in a dark room petting imaginary cats when there isn't anything new on, so he doesn't have any social responsibilities to pull him away from the latest game.

• Like 1