The Last of Us

King.

It's not like they're ready and willing to kill you. The generator turns off and a few of them come down because they need to get as many eyes out for any clickers and stuff to come out and mess with them fixing the generator.

I never felt like this game ever did a multi-person attack on Joel/Ellie without there being good reason and a lot of the rationale behind hordes of enemies has always been acceptable.

Yeah, with Uncharted it was usually a case of "go here, enemies find you, fight your way out", but with this, it's largely "enemies are already here for logical reasons" (blockade, hunters, the infected preferring the dark). Nothing like Uncharted in terms of ridiculous enemy arrivals at just the wrong moments.

Oh, yeah, totally, I get the rational behind it, but I guess it's kind of a compliment to the game that I'm sat here like "Why can't they just go away. :( ".

Have they given any explanation as to the infected preferring the dark? I understand there's a sewer level... and something that's always bugged me about zombie games and sewer levels is that generally, there's not that many people hanging out in sewers*. So why are there always so many down there?

295212580-11173914.jpg

• Like 1

God I wish there was some sort of infection that could affect Joel's brain so that he can die and not be mean anymore! Fucking meanie!

Oh, yeah, totally, I get the rational behind it, but I guess it's kind of a compliment to the game that I'm sat here like "Why can't they just go away. :( ".

Have they given any explanation as to the infected preferring the dark? I understand there's a sewer level... and something that's always bugged me about zombie games and sewer levels is that generally, there's not that many people hanging out in sewers*. So why are there always so many down there?

295212580-11173914.jpg

I don't think there is any evidence stating that they prefer the dark. The sewer ones are easily explained if you're a good little explorer like me or Dora.

They prefer the dark, presumably, because mushrooms do too, and a mushroom is the infection source.

They still appear in light, but for the most part they're in dark and/or damp areas.

This is a good answer. Why can't the rest of you be more like Benji?

I'm not understanding what you mean?

I honestly don't know what we're arguing about. I've had only half a brain in this argument and the other half has been dealing with a higher volume of phone calls at work than I'm used to.

• Like 1

A lot of the areas that you find infected make it seem like they've been blockade in there and the area has been neglected for anywhere up to 20 years.

I just finished the game and.. fuck man. Just fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. I've never had this kind of experience with a game.

• Like 1

Aaaaaaaaand Sewers. Fucking sewers man. For anyone playing the game for the first time... get the fucking Shiv/Clicker skill. Jesus, I wish I'd done that. What use is more health when you can be insta-killed!?