The Last of Us

King.

The hotel basement generator bit? I think I lucked out.

I heard the bloater coming, hid behind the wall directly behind the generator. The bloater ran to the generator, ignored me, so I whipped 3 molatov's at him and he died.

I am now out of the hotel and out of the city...

New friends! Yay!!!! Also, Ellie is fucking wreckless for jumping off of the bridge!

Also, watching those two people get gunned down? Wow.

Hotel Generator:

There was a bloater in the Hotel segment? I must have ran down and back so quickly that I totally missed him. I was too freaked out to notice, maybe.

:P

This.

Wow. Just had a factions game online were half my team Rambo'd the whole level, meaning we got decimated and I got hardly any supplies afterwards. Thanks to that, my clan lost about fifteen members and the majority of the survivors are hungry or sick. Very annoying considering me and another guy were doing pretty well together.

Edited by ZJ Penn

Are the difficulty trophies stackable?

They're supposed to be, but they're glitched until the next patch.

When I beat it I got the trophies to stack.
Did you play on Normal? Normal and Easy are fine, Hard is glitched and won't stack the other two without replaying the final chapter on Normal.

The hotel basement generator bit? I think I lucked out.

I heard the bloater coming, hid behind the wall directly behind the generator. The bloater ran to the generator, ignored me, so I whipped 3 molatov's at him and he died.

I am now out of the hotel and out of the city...

New friends! Yay!!!! Also, Ellie is fucking wreckless for jumping off of the bridge!

Also, watching those two people get gunned down? Wow.

We're up to the same bit, I think!

I just got out of that sewer where you get split up from Ellie and have to babysit the black kid. The room full of infected running around was probably the second scariest moment of this game for me so far. Nothing will beat the hotel basement, though.

I tried to stealth that bit like 3 times Nerf before saying fuck it and just blowing some heads off. It's totally doable, but the enemies seemed to spazz out and I couldn't really play it stealthy.

I've just reached Fall. The sniper bit wasn't that bad, really just needed a lot of running forward. I quite enjoyed the shooting gallery bit, though. Fun little "mini-game".

I tried to stealth that bit like 3 times Nerf before saying fuck it and just blowing some heads off. It's totally doable, but the enemies seemed to spazz out and I couldn't really play it stealthy.

I've just reached Fall. The sniper bit wasn't that bad, really just needed a lot of running forward. I quite enjoyed the shooting gallery bit, though. Fun little "mini-game".

I think I lucked out in a similar way that you did previously. I just walked ahead until I caught attention, then backtracked and lured them to me one-by-one for combat kills. It was pretty easy in the end, even if I did spend a good ten minutes just staring at them and wondering what the fuck to do.

One of my favorite "lol, AI" moments in this game was earlier when I was wandering through a town, when Ellie is covering you with a Sniper Rifle. I ended up in a room on the top floor in a corner of the map, killed a guy with Stealth and everyone seemed alerted. So they all started to come into the room... but every enemy came in, one at a time, wandered over to the body, I stealth killed... and then repeated the exact same thing. Like, 10 times. :P

The infected in the basement seemed to know where I was immediately regardless of what I did. Although after I killed a few I was able to stealth.

The sniper part isnt too difficult as long as you do it properly and dont lose patience and try to rush it.

Are the difficulty trophies stackable?

They're supposed to be, but they're glitched until the next patch.
When I beat it I got the trophies to stack.
Did you play on Normal? Normal and Easy are fine, Hard is glitched and won't stack the other two without replaying the final chapter on Normal.

Yeah I played on Normal which was surprisingly easy. I'm gonna go through on Hard now.

I finished it yesterday afternoon. Great game and story. I was expecting the ending to be a little bit different judging by how you guys were talking.

Early on when you're with Bill in the cemetery type place with the Clickers, i saw one Clicker walk directly into Bill and nothing happened, and similarly on another part Ellie ran right in front of a human and nothing happened. A bit disappointed that enemies only initially react to you.

Also whilst in the sewers an infected glitched up into the wall/ceiling and was stuck there. I could hear him moaning and going into Batman-mode you could see him running on the spot in this phantom area.

One thing that I thought the game was lacking or I kept expecting to utilize as how it felt very similar to Uncharted (understandably) was some form of attack around a corner attack. It happened far too often where I'd be waiting around a corner with an enemy walking along and just reaching the corner where I'm about to pounce and he'd "see me" and alert everyone, and stealth would go out the window.

• Like 1

Yeah, they missed a trick with that. It's a shame because in a lot of the previews, they do just that, but in the actual game it's not often you can stealth from a corner. I did notice that sometimes, if you time it right and you're kneeling you can grab them, though. It takes waaaaaaaaaay to long for the killing animation to finish, too. Like, half the time there's no point in stealthing, because you'll never finish the animation before you're spotted.

The bits where you have to work alongside people only work in non-stealth situations really. I'd rather the AI disappeared for stealth moments as it can be bit silly, although I can see why they did it.

I had zero problems with actual bugs.

Just started Spring, so I guess there's not too far left for me to play. :(

I have been so engrossed in this game - the fear and the sorrow - that the scene with the giraffes caused me genuine joy. I think I forgot I was playing a game for a second there.

Even so, a team of randoms can still compete with a party as long as they work together. Even without comms, as theres plenty of different means to work together. It just seems unfair to punish people for playing as the game was intended just so a few people can go Rambo.