The Walking Dead Video Game

OctoberRaven

Great trailer. Maybe a little long in the middle, but the ending is absolutely worth it. Almost zero Spoilers (only one about what weather it will have i guess) for Episode 5. (as in, nothing felt like it was a scene from episode 5)

8/26 - PC/Mac, PlayStation 3 & PS Vita North America
8/27 - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 & PS Vita Europe
8/28 - iPhone & iPad via the App Store

Edited by Herr Matzat
  • Like 1

Episode 5 thoughts...

First impressions were that that seemed like a really underwhelming finale. There wasn't a decision or a plot point that I agonised over or even really cared about. I didn't help Luke, alerted Kenny and Jane to the theft (because fuck Bonnie putting the blame on me), shot Kenny and walked away from Jane,

I will never buy a game on tell tales store again. Download dossent work on my MacBook, iMac and Windows PC. Meanwhile every steam user possible has already finished the episode three times.Next time it´s steam and only steam.

Edited by Herr Matzat

Episode 5 thoughts...

First impressions were that that seemed like a really underwhelming finale. There wasn't a decision or a plot point that I agonised over or even really cared about. I didn't help Luke, alerted Kenny and Jane to the theft (because fuck Bonnie putting the blame on me), shot Kenny and walked away from Jane,

Same sentiment here.

I didn't like how Luke just got killed off like a total chump with the drowning scene. Just completely unmemorable to me.

I didn't alert them, trying to talk down... Still got shot by that fucker Arvo, even after helping him... Shot Kenny, also walked away from Jane.

Just quite dissapointed with the lack of ''eventful'' things happening all around. Very underwhelming and I gave little fucks about it in the end. Nowhere near as gutwrenching and feel-inducing as the ending of S1.

The only thing that I really found memorable was seeing Lee again, because fucking hell Lee is amazing and I miss him.

Once more it really felt the choices didn't really matter and I was really just getting strung along for the ride... It's still a great game, but it lacked the ''oomph'' it should've had for a finale...

EDIT: Also did some youtubing, apparently the non-Jane endings are much better...

Edited by Jasonmufc

I got to the same ending as you guys did. I actualy liked the episode even if the season overall was not as good as the first one. I like our ending as a cliffhanger but i want to check out the others and how to get there.

In Season one episode four i got the "good" ending. Now it seems like i am of the worst. ^^

My ending was massively different to all of yours...

I let Kenny kill Jane. I was on her side for the most part, until she revealed she was no better than the man she claimed Kenny was, and at least Kenny would do everything in his power to keep AJ alive (of course, I didn't realise at the time that AJ was alive, but fuck her for playing games like that and knowing how it would likely end, and if AJ hadn't have cried out and she'd have died then he WOULD have been dead anyway, so I regret nothing). The spirit of my Lee in Clementine is to do what he did for her - protect the those you love at all costs, and Kenny understood that, even if he'd become unhinged.

Wound up in Wellington and Kenny made a massive sacrifice when it was found out to be full to capacity - asking for Clem and AJ to go in. I didn't want to leave him behind, but again, protect those you love at all costs, and no matter what happens to Kenny, he gets redemption for what happened with Duck, Katya and Sarita..

I didn't really understand the logic of the Wellington place. "Oh we can't let you in because we don't have enough supplies to go around as it is. But here, take this massive bag full of supplies!" Well there's your problem guys. Maybe stop throwing duffel bags full of supplies at anybody who walks past and you might not have a struggle with supplies.

My ending was massively different to all of yours...

I let Kenny kill Jane. I was on her side for the most part, until she revealed she was no better than the man she claimed Kenny was, and at least Kenny would do everything in his power to keep AJ alive (of course, I didn't realise at the time that AJ was alive, but fuck her for playing games like that and knowing how it would likely end, and if AJ hadn't have cried out and she'd have died then he WOULD have been dead anyway, so I regret nothing). The spirit of my Lee in Clementine is to do what he did for her - protect the those you love at all costs, and Kenny understood that, even if he'd become unhinged.

Wound up in Wellington and Kenny made a massive sacrifice when it was found out to be full to capacity - asking for Clem and AJ to go in. I didn't want to leave him behind, but again, protect those you love at all costs, and no matter what happens to Kenny, he gets redemption for what happened with Duck, Katya and Sarita..

That was my ending too. I'm glad because it sounds better than the other ones.

I dunno, I just imagine that stuff adds up. Considering this seems to be a place Kenny was talking about like it was the answer to all their prayers, then I can only imagine there would be plenty of others thinking the same and trying to head there. In any case, I like Kenny, but it's weird cause throughout the season he was properly doing my head in kicking off all the time, but generally I agreed with him, just not in the way he went about it. Like I absolutely didn't trust Arvo whatsoever, but at the same time didn't really went to see him repeatedly pummeled by Kenny. Regardless, I went with Kenny at the end, and stuck with him rather than going in to Wellington, and got another bag of supplies thrown down out of pity I guess. I liked Jane but I didn't trust her as soon as she came wandering up saying AJ was dead, even if she wanted to show Kenny was out of control, and I never felt like Clementine was ever really in danger with Kenny the way anybody else might have been.

Also, Bonnie can fuck right off. Well out of order laying the blame on Clementine for simply doing what Luke told her to do. On top of that, maybe we wouldn't be here at all if you hadn't tricked us all in to getting enslaved by your maniacal mate in the first place, dickhead.

Strange season as a whole really. Not as strong as the first season by some way. I felt like a passenger for most of it really, since, as I playing as Clementine and just a kid, I never really felt like I had much sway really and was just kind of going along with the plans of everyone else. With Lee, you were the leader and basically the one making the big decisions in where you take the group forward. Clem's big decisions largely revolve around things that affect her directly, like having to choose to watch somebody get their face obliterated or to cut off somebodies arm in the heat of the moment trying to help, or to kill somebody, basically things that a kid should never have to even think about.

Well, they will find a way for you to end up the same next season anyway so...

Kenny and Jane will either die or be in the background doing nothing. I bet clem will end up in Wellington no matter what, with the Jane ending that has that new family it would make little sense since thats wildly south but they wont have 3 different episodes for episode one depending on how you ended up here. Sort of like episode one of season 1.

I kinda like my clem to be alone. It´s sad and brutal, but sort of fitting. Just learning to stand on your own, learning how everyone around you snaps, can´t be trusted... but also get the baby to carry around because shit issent brutal enough already. Thats just what The Walking Dead Comic is all about. (it has a much more down/hopeless feel to it most of the time)

Edited by Herr Matzat

I suspect it won't even take that long. I figure our inter-episode like '500 Days' this time will just be dedicated to getting all stories to the same location. I'd imagine several years will pass this time rather than 500 Days, and by the next episode we'll see teen Clem looking after a more grown up but still child AJ.

Team Kenny 4 Life.

Also, the dream sequence... almost made me think Season 2 was a dream... thank fuck that wasn't the case.

• Like 1