The Walking Dead Video Game

OctoberRaven

My thoughts:

I was left feeling a bit underwhelmed, but that was likely because I was overhyping it for myself. Plus, it's only the first of five episodes; when I bought TWD last year, the only thing yet to be released was 400 Days, so I was able to wolf the entire thing down in a matter of hours as opposed to being strung along for the year.

As for specific moments:

- It kinda surprises me how quickly Omid and Christa were dispatched.

- That dog, you guys. :crying:

- AND THAT SUTURING SCENE, GOOD JIMINY CHRISTMAS.

Sadly it´s still a telltale game... had to turn the resolution down because it was stuttering like crazy at some points, i think at one point were i was asked if i wanted to eat something the dialog options never appeared and in the shack (?!) it took me four times untill i finaly saw that darn hammer. - At least the save game import worked like a charm even after playing season one with the Steam Version. Thinking about it, i don´t even know how much of Season ones decisions are alive enough to have an impact.

I liked the story a lot, keep in mind that this is only episode one. I thought Season one was strongest in Episodes three and four. The way the dog worked was fun, i sort of saw loosing him as something painfull for later on the second he did not attack, so it was cool when he jumped me at a point were i dident see it comming but without it making no sense.

Omid... well, we dident need him so why not. I am certain we will see christa again, there is much to be told about her time with the baby, i don´t see it 100% unspoken. Besides it makes sense to meet her instead of Kenny since she at least is in the same area as clem. Same goes for the girl that stole the RV.. forgot her Name.

When i got locked in i just knew from miles away that the hole i created would end up being a zombie invitation... i would have liked it to at least be able to put the board back on loosely or something like that.

I liked being in the house, the whole part felt really cool. It´s a big teaser, the characters seem awesome, i want to see how all of this will play out in the end.

S2 E1 spoilers and feels.

First off, that whole S1 recap was just filled with strong feelings from Lee's tale and it still breaks me up to think about the ending where I had Clem shoot Lee before turning.

Secondly, I was sad to see Omid go but in a way I saw it coming at least to give you a big kick in the teeth before everything really gets underway.

Then we had Christa vanish on us, but I honestly feel she is going to return later on. They aren't just going to kill a main character off-screen, that goes against all writing conventions... I hope.

The dog part was done well, and it was a nice believable set up for what came after. And in a way it perfectly symbolized the ''loss of innocence'' we now see in Clem.

Of course you got that suturing scene and that was just cringeworthy to go through, I really had a hard time watching along the entire scene but yet again, a very poignant scene to show how much Clementine has changed from being an innocent girl to a very cynical but strong person. And the feelings of melancholy where clear from the offset too, since there wasn't anything to be upbeat about.

Finally the ending, I decided to save Pete regardless of him being bit by the walker. Since the man always treated Clem with dignity and trust together with Luke, whilst the others where ready to kill her without remorse. And the way Nick ran away there is still a chance he might be alive in the future.

Finally the characters, I enjoy the characters quite a bit. Clem is obviously very changed from Season 2. The new characters I like too, everyone has shown clear good qualities throughout regardless of them ready to give up on Clem from the get go. The only one that isn't likeable and is probably written like that is the pregnant woman, but I am sure there is a story there somewhere.

The other young girl is also interesting, especially with the whole angle that she is seemingly oblivious of what is really going on and is in stark contrast to the very callous Clementine.

As a whole, it's a slow episode to start the season but in a way it just works. It shows the aftermath of Season 1 and kicks you right in the teeth, before giving you the chance to come to grips with playing as Clem and seeing how much she has changed in 16 months. It establishes the cast very well too and I am sure that the season will really get into swing a few episodes in like last year.

Going off what I experienced in these 2 hours, I am very hopeful for the future episodes because I know that TellTale can make it yet another great story and leave me at the edge of my seat.

S2 Ep. 1 spoilers and a prediction for the next episode.

Enjoyed the episode overall but had a few bugbears.

I think Clementine would have been smarter than to just leave her gun out where she did.

In the scene where Clementine and Christa were sat at the fire I noticed Christa didn't look pregnant any more. Did I miss a "3 months later" caption or something?

If the dog was feral enough to attack Clementine for a can on beans (which I was sharing anyway!) wouldn't it have just attacked Clementine right from the get-go?

Other than that good stuff.

Prediction

I'm going guessing Kenny is going to pop up in the next episode with that shot of Clementine looking shocked and saying "we thought you were dead!". Looking forward to seeing what's become of him after the death of his wife & son as well as being split up from a group that he probably assumed all died.

In the scene where Clementine and Christa were sat at the fire I noticed Christa didn't look pregnant any more. Did I miss a "3 months later" caption or something?

IIRC there was a caption that said "16 months later".

IIRC there was a caption that said "16 months later".

Thought I must have missed something like that.

I'm guessing she lost the baby then

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Season 1, Episode 4

- I felt like I was supposed to like Chuck more than I did. I don't think I could get over him outright saying to Clem that she's going to die.

- Still hate Christa, pretty sure she's pregnant and I don't care.

- Ben let Clementine out of his sight after I told him to look after her. If there's an opportunity to kill the useless twat soon them I'm taking it.

- Just got to the support group before I finished for the night last night, chapter four seems extra long and a bit forgettable so far barring the stuff with the kid and his dog.

People are too hard on Ben.

I pretty much see myself and I'd wager a vast majority of people reacting the way he does to the ZA. So there's empathy there.

Also, from what we know of his backstory, he's seen some pretty awful shit. So there's sympathy.

I was sympathetic and defending him at every opportunity until that point, now I'm all out of shits to give about him. You don't let a kid go wandering off by herself when there's all kinds of sick people and zombies around, especially not after I specifically told him not to let her out of his sight.