The Walking Dead Video Game

OctoberRaven

Well, 80+ GOTY awards speak for themselfs. Unless you are not wildly put of by the fact that this is more of an interactive movie than actual gameplay (you still click on things, but it´s not run, gun, die like in every other zombie game you would try to compare if you know nothing) i´ed say get this so you get a different fix added to what you bought earlier.

It´s also noteworthy that the nature of this game allows you to play it in sessions as each episode stands on it´s own in a way a good continuous TV show would. So it´s not a story game that drags you on a million years and you don´t know were it ends or a turnbased game that just seduces you into "one more turn". Episodes take about two hours (some less) and should be played in one sitting. This dossent mean that you don´t want to go one after you finished one. But giving it a break and letting it rest a bit in your head made the game even more enjoyable when the episodes were released at first.

Well, 80+ GOTY awards speak for themselfs. Unless you are not wildly put of by the fact that this is more of an interactive movie than actual gameplay (you still click on things, but it´s not run, gun, die like in every other zombie game you would try to compare if you know nothing) i´ed say get this so you get a different fix added to what you bought earlier.

It´s also noteworthy that the nature of this game allows you to play it in sessions as each episode stands on it´s own in a way a good continuous TV show would. So it´s not a story game that drags you on a million years and you don´t know were it ends or a turnbased game that just seduces you into "one more turn". Episodes take about two hours (some less) and should be played in one sitting. This dossent mean that you don´t want to go one after you finished one. But giving it a break and letting it rest a bit in your head made the game even more enjoyable when the episodes were released at first.

Thanks, Herr Matzat. I think I will pick it up a little later tonight. Until I noticed that it and Tales From Monkey Island are the same price... Why can't I have infinite money?

Because that would require you to pay infinite taxes meaning you would be broke. Also you would need infinit time to play all this shit... my steam list has like 160 games......... guess how much i even tried.................

Ended up getting Walking Dead. Just finished chapter 4 of episode 1. Love it so far. Thanks for the recommendation. As for Vicky II, I'm sure that'll pop up cheaper in the Summer Sale.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I just got this off Humble Bundle...yea I'm cheap, but I still paid twice what the average donation was, so I'm not THAT cheap...

Wow..yea, I can say I see now why this was nominated or got so many GOTY awards. The story is fantastic...LOVE the chemistry between Lee and Clementine. Also, I've been siding with Kenny the whole time so far and, after one choice in chapter 3...was literally left speechless by the end result. The writing is great, the graphics work really well for the game...I'm totally hooked on it and kinda pissed I'm already on episode 4..

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/07/the-walking-dead-400-days-dlc/

elltale may be gearing up to announce new DLC for The Walking Dead. That's according to an update to the game's entry in the Steam database, titled 'Walking Dead 400 Days DLC.' The name correlates with teaser clips Telltale published recently.

The four clips are titled Day 2, Day 220, Day 184, and Day 236. Each one features a person's photo pinned on a 'Missing' board, perhaps pertaining to characters introduced in the DLC.

Back in February, series writer Gary Whitta said "there may very well be more Walking Dead from Telltale before Season 2." Also, a Polygon report indicates at one point Telltale's exhibitor page on the E3 website listed 'Season 1 DLC' for The Walking Dead. While it's never safe to assume anything when it comes to the zombie apocalypse, chances are there are some more tough choices on the horizon.

Well, as it seems to be season one dlc it would not surprise me if we meet them over the course of this episode. I think on of the guys in this trailer was with the sick people we met in Episode 4. Clem would be rather big, Especially if we follow several storys (even if this ends up being two houres thats not a lot of time per character) i sort of only see her hinted at or as a cliffhanger.

There is a lot of fun stuff that could happen if it´s "just one" episode and several player characters. It´s even more of an no one is save situation. With 400 days it might be much closer to were the comic is at right now.

I am happy that "a little bit more" that was promised seems to turn out as a lot more.

Well, as it seems to be season one dlc it would not surprise me if we meet them over the course of this episode. I think on of the guys in this trailer was with the sick people we met in Episode 4. Clem would be rather big, Especially if we follow several storys (even if this ends up being two houres thats not a lot of time per character) i sort of only see her hinted at or as a cliffhanger.

There is a lot of fun stuff that could happen if it´s "just one" episode and several player characters. It´s even more of an no one is save situation. With 400 days it might be much closer to were the comic is at right now.

I am happy that "a little bit more" that was promised seems to turn out as a lot more.

Amen to that Matzat.

I really hope they deliver with this episode and I would love it if they have Season 1 choices affect this episode and also choices in this one affect what happens in Season 2. That would really make this amazing.

I read somewhere that choices matter. The ones you made in season one just as much as what will happen in Season 2. I don´t see to much of a big impact though as this game barley had any branching story lines. Maybe it´s more about how certain people remember Lee when they talk about him.

Who is still left alive from Season one besides the three characters just mentioned?

Lilli either gets left behind or steals the RV.

The guys that steal the boat.

Iren (?)

What is left at Hershels farm whent on with the comic, just like Glen did.

Here is a full list.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_Characters

I think you actualy are able to get Molly killed if you do not bring Clem and are a terrible shot.

I doubt we will be seeing Lilly back, since she was also a cameo from the comic books. She ends up shooting the governor dead.

The boat guys, maybe but I really don't think so.

Irene dies, she gets a bullet to the brain regardless of your choice.

Molly never visibly gets killed and if you leave her behind her fate remains unknown. But I doubt she is dead either way.

Just finished episode five. I love this game, but also, FUCK this game for making a grown man cry. For real tho, just an amazing roller coaster of a ride story. I honestly can't wait to go back through & make totally different decisions this time around. Cant decide if I want to be an uber dick or more of a hero/leader this go around since I rode the fence on quite a few options.

Edited by Lj.