The Walking Dead Video Game

OctoberRaven

Took me most of the day, but I got Episode 2 working!

Holy crap, that was even more intense than the first. I kinda figured something was gonna be up with the farmers...so I wasn't surprised.

But killing Larry? That was harder than I thought. And taking food from a car? That seemed like a no brainer, but people made me stop and think.

I want to survive, but I also don't wanna taint Clem (which is kinda hard now, since she saw me shiv a guy with a pitchfork)

Love this game.,

Huge fucking spoilers:

Nod to the TV series before you reach the hotel.

Which one. o_O

Well AFTER the hotel too, but I was specifically talking about Lee going kill crazy with the meat cleaver and blood splattering all over him, much like Rick did recently.

Also, I must be the only one that never had an issue at all with the savefiles.

Huge fucking spoilers:

Nod to the TV series before you reach the hotel.

Which one. o_O

Well AFTER the hotel too, but I was specifically talking about Lee going kill crazy with the meat cleaver and blood splattering all over him, much like Rick did recently.

I doubt that was related at all.

Picked this up on Steam when it was 50% off on Wednesday after hearing all the good reviews and peoples opinions on it. Just a quick question: Does it matter much if I haven't watched Walking Dead before in terms of story?

Because I've been meaning to watch Walking Dead for a while now and didn't know whether I'd have to watch the show and then play the game or if its not that important.

The game is based on the Comic license. The TV Show will have it´s own licensed game (a FPS with Zombies, yes, creative people at work) What happens on the TV Show is not related beyond the fact that the TV show owns the comic license and is based on it´s story.

I terms of the comic Gazzuchika Okada is right though, the game largely stands on it´s own just using the rules and some ways of storytelling that were set up in the comic universe instead of just retelling it´s story. It´s a different group of people each with their own story. Except for two cameos, but since the cameos appear before the comics timeline even starts so there is nothing you could need to know about them anyway. It´s more a "hey, we are using the license, k thx bye"

Just finished episode 4...holy shit!

I figured Lee was going to die by the end of it, but I didn't expect him to get bitten right now! That was a bit of a shocker.

Although, my game it went "Next time on The Walking Dead" and didn't show a trailer. Weird.

There is no next episode trailer at the end of episode 4. the text should not be there either.

I wonder how it compares plaing the game as quick as you did. I think a good amount of what made it great came with the time to let each episode sink in (maybe not as long as some of them actually took to get don, but maybe a week inbetween).