The Walking Dead Video Game

OctoberRaven

Played through the first episode the other day and was hooked. I dig the character interactions and the style of play. Feels almost like an episode (or an issue of the graphic novel). Really tough choosing who lived or died too.

Should get onto episodes two and three. I keep getting distr-

Ooh shiny!

• 3 weeks later...

I finally played episode 3 after waiting for it until i got back to the computer with my savegame (why dos it say steam play, i thought that meant cloud saves).

Hands down best episode. While i was put of a bit by the first two episodes being tied very much to the comic by cameos and similar storylines this was the first one that stood on it´s own and did it great. The trailers for episode four look like they continue in that direction. Great!

Was it possible to save Carley from getting shot by Lilli? I suppose not but i have not tried.

Episode 4: Around Every Corner should be out soon for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC as Telltale Games it waiting for the game to be certified for release.

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-walking-dead-episode-3-stats-shows-players-aren-t-completely-heartless

I dident realize Episode 4 was this imminent.

Lucky PSN users get first crack today. The rest of us wait 'till tomorrow. Which is fine by me. I replayed Episode 3 to get a feel for everything again. Though I AM surprised Episode 4 was released so quickly. Or QUICKER anyway. I sure hope retaining my humanity thus far won't bite me in the ass. Or Clem more importantly.

I wonder how i all will end up in Episode 5. Till now especial Clementine only remembered what you chose but unlike the other characters never commented on it or anything. It just needs to boil down to something big deciding weather you (or she) live or die in the last episode, right?

I hope they get this through the finish line as great as episode 3 or even better. Might be a surprise entry into many game of the year finalists if not even winning some.

Both these videos contain episode 3 spoilers.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

The Steam Version is Live.

Edit.

Best Episode.

There were a few moments were i was put of a little. Kenny got on my nerv a bit, some cuts to places went a bit quick from "no way out" to "back at place x".

I hated being bitten like that... i knew there was a walker, i just knew it, easiest fight of the season and than he got bit, SHIT! But nothing ever made me feel like that - it´s how people die in zombie flicks, and now i got to experience all the thoughts someone just bitten will have in his head... shit! How do i tie everything up? They can´t know! ... ok i´ll tell them... shit!

This took things up a notch over Episode 3 which is amazing. They got a ton of stuff set up for a great finally? Is "she" (forgot her name, omids GF) pregnant? How will it get handelt? How will Lee and Clem say goodbye? Will Clem die aswell? With lee dieing everyone is fair game now. - Especialy with the "who came with lee" situation i guess heads will roll left and right if you got the full crew with you (as i did) since they will not put a million story branches in Episode 5. Might mirros edge girl take over the player character in an eventual Season 2? Why did the doctor ask if we came in using a train? First i thought maybe we pulled lots of walkers in, than i thought he took clem/was part of the group... and now?

I just looked at the IGN review and for some reason the guy is let down because it was a filler episode... no idea were he got that. I think i never felt as tens as i did plaing a game from the beginning of this Episode till the point after you buried the boy zombie. And the ending was magnificent.

After that it was up en par with Episode 3, i kinda feared a Governor Situation and i enjoyed it SO much when we came up from the suers and found the place had been overrun and the game is telling a different story than the comic did.

If they don´t massivly screw up episode 5/the ending this is going to end up a big game of the year candidate. Exept maybe on IGN, ideot. :shifty:

I think it´s largly based on how you talked/acted to them in the past games. Maybe you should put that in spoiler tags so no one silly enough to check this before plaing is pissed.

Kenny did not come along when i brought ben - also saing something about he was not sure if hecould count on me, but when i talked about how clem is family he came since i took care of his son and the boy in the attic. The others just came without hassitation. I guess the question if you rescued the injured omied first when getting on the train might have plaied a role here.

I was ready to kill ben untill clem interviened. I wonder if you can actualy play the "mission" without clem being there since she dos not do a lot during it.

I thought game makers couldn't show dead children in these kinds of games? That's the impression I've gotten with every other zombie game.

Regarding season two.

I hope the player character becomes Clementine. Seems like a natural choice with her developing her shooting skills and all. She'll probably be the one who puts down Lee which could provide a nice transition. She aims the gun at Lee, and the controls jump to Clementine for you to essentially shoot yourself.

I still can't download it, as it continually comes up with an error that has been acknowledged by Telltale, but that they still haven't fixed, and then last night it came up to say that it has only been released in North America.

I want to play Ep4 :angry:

Regarding stats at the end of Ep4.

How did 6% of people end up alone? They must be real assholes.

And Gary Whittle, the writer of Ep4 has confirmed there will be a second season.

Yes, sadly thats a problem known and not fixed for a cupple of episodes now. Theres tons of topics on this over at telltales forums.

To anyone who lost their saves, use this, it worked for me

What happened: Game crashed while it was starting up and when I restarted the game after the crash the game had no savefiles of my last gamesession. However, the savefiles were still present in users/my documents/telltale/The Walking dead. The game just did not recognise these files.

What to do:

1. Check if your 'lost' saves are still in your savesfolder (users/my documents/telltale/The Walking dead).

2. Take a backup of this folder.

3. Locate the savefile you want to 'unf**k'. Do this by checking the time of creation. The order the names of the savefiles suggest are not always correct. Take care to at least backup this save. Then delete the whole The walking Dead folder. The game will create a new, empty one if you start it.

4. Start the game on the last episode you played and play long enough to have at least one savefile created. Play until it autosaves atleast.

5. Close the game and download SKTimeStamp (http://code.google.com/p/stexbar/downloads/list). Install the program.

6. Now locate your NEW savefile. Again, check the creation time. DO NOT think the higher the number in the name, the newer the file is. Right click it and select properties. Select the tab Timestamps. Now do the same with the old savefile that you wish to reinstate. Now change the three timestamps of your old savefile to the exact same values as your new savefile. Click 'apply'

7. Now name your old savefile exactly as the new one. (i.e. Save_2, if your new savefile was named save_2). Delete your new savefile and replace it with your old, now named exactly the same, savefile.

8. start the game.

Not sure if it works. I had no problems with my Steam Mac Version.