The Walking Dead Video Game

OctoberRaven

When's this out? Thought it was out today but no one has uploaded it on youtube yet.

20th on PS3

21st on Xbox/PC

So, depending on the decisions you make, exactly how different would my game be to someone elses, and do they impact separate episodes, or are they more contained, so to speak?

Well, theoretically, you could end up with no companions or with six, depending on your choices. The overall storyline arc is fairly linear, but who you are travelling with makes subtle differences to the story and subplots.

Yeah, the main plotpoints stay the same, at least in the episodes we played before 5. I supose it would be a monster project to have everything branch out like crazy from the beginning. But the stuff that is said can have vastly different lines depending on how you act with people.

I was able to fix the comming soon problem.

Backups of all your relevant files might not be a bad idea.

For all the info go to.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37049

The additional knowledge you need is that for some reason the final Episode 4 "prefs.prop" gets saved into the Episode 4 folder.

Copy it from "the walking dead 4" to the two locations named in that tutorial and you should be able to use your ep 4 savegames to start ep 5. Worked for me.

Mac OSX

/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/the walking dead/TheWalkingDead.app/Contents/Resources/Pack/

PC

???

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Well, that was intense.

Episode 5 Spoilers ahead.

I dident mind the arm cutting and the gut smeering as much as Glenn, Hershel and the Cannibals since it felt a lot less forcing comic personas/storyideas into the mix. Plus i think you don´t have to get your arm cut of.

I liked the solution to the whole abduction thing a lot. This could have been you if you had been a little less lucky... or well, unlucky in a different way. And kinda are if you think about the boat being stolen, it dos not afect you as much since you still just look for clem but it´s similar.

I was let down by the end of Episode 4 leading up to an episode that feels very liniar again. I have not played it a second time, but i somehow doubt (and from what i read believe) that it matters much who sided with you at the end of Episode 4. They could have mixed a bit of alternative outcomes for your group here. From what i know everyone dies (or is presumed dead, i don´t know what happens with kenny if Ben is already dead) except for omid and christa. I wonder if the epilough changes depending on what you tell them and clem about were to meet up. I toled them to keep looking for us in the city and clem to get out to the country after i was doomed. I still saw two silhouettes. Will clem find the boat thefts if you send her to the harbour? After all they ofered to take care of here?

I like that they never outright said that christa is pregnant (at least in my game they dident)

The ending, well Lees ending... i liked a lot. It did not bring me to tears or anything since in the end it was what most people expected for a while. So this left me a lot less stunned like the end of Episode 4 for example.

All in all, bring me more. It would be fun if other seasons could bring us sort of clem growing up a few years each season. But i think they already anounced that the next season will have a different group of survivers? Than again there issent much of the same group left so who knows. :D

So Amazon had this on sale, so I finally bit the bullet and bought it. I also found the Digital Deluxe PC version of ME3 for $12, but that's a story for another thread.

It's good. I had a small glitch in Episode 3 where Duck turned invisible, but aside from that, it runs well, and it's a good story. I don't know if I could ever play this game and make Lee an asshole, just because I don't want to ever disappoint Clementine. >_>

Just finished the first episode...wow. That was amazing. Loved everything about it.

The first choice at the farm? Shit, I didn't know what to do. Sean (or whatever his name was) was a nice enough guy, but Duck...you gotta help the kid!

The second choice, a little easier (although apparently more people chose to save Doug). I liked her more, plus she had skills with a gun...easy choice.

But that dude with the heart condition? He is an asshole! I am going to put an axe right in his head the first chance I get.

It's going to be fun going through it again but doing things differently.

So.. some theorizing on season 2, episode 5 spoilers inbound

A lot of people seem to think that Clementine will be the player character in season 2, but I'm not so sure. I think that she'll remain an important NPC, but that the player in season 2 will be another survivor from another group who stumbles upon Clem and takes her in.

Finished the last chapter.

Small spoiler:

Crista's pregnant.

Choice-related spoilers:

Had the whole group with me. They knew about the bite. Cut my arm off. Ben fell to his death and Kenny sacrificed himself so Ben wouldn't turn.

Huge fucking spoilers:

Nod to the TV series before you reach the hotel.

The guy who kidnaps Clem was the owner of the station wagon from the end of episode 2.

Lee's murder was over the guy he killed fucking his wife.

Ended with a tearful goodbye between Lee and Clem as Clem shot Lee. :crying:

Epilogue spoilers:

After the credits, Clem spots two figures approaching her. BUT WHO? May have been Omid and Crista.

Holy fuck that was a great finale.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

So I replayed the last chapter of episode 1 (apparently that fixes it?)...and now episode 2 won't run. I get a blank screen with the cursor and an indicator that I have an axe. Anyone have any ideas?

My laptop is running a little hot...so I'm gonna let it rest and try again in the morning.

It´s not your fault. The game is a bit messy when it comes to carriing over savefiles. Tonight there was a big update were some files got changed around and steam redownloaded 1.4 gig of the game. Maybe that fixes it. Otherwise take a look at what i posted when i was not able to play episode 5 yesterday. The Tell Tale Forum link should explain everything needed to fixing it.

Choice-related spoilers:

Had the whole group with me. They knew about the bite. Cut my arm off. Ben fell to his death and Kenny sacrificed himself so Ben wouldn't turn.

My path

If Ben was already dead, no one falls. Kenny disappears saving Christa after she jumps down a whole in the roof to retrieve Lee's walkie talkie, though he is never shown as being dead.

Huge fucking spoilers:

Nod to the TV series before you reach the hotel.

That was a fucking badass moment.

Epilogue spoilers:

After the credits, Clem spots two figures approaching her. BUT WHO? May have been Omid and Crista.

I *hope* it's Michonne and a pet walker

But yeah, for me, Game of the Year easily. Probably in my personal top 5 of all time.