Fun Movie Facts

Skummy

This one is pretty commonly known, but Michael's mask in Halloween is a William Shatner mask.

Also, the producers of Scream went through some HORRIBLE designs for the Ghostface mask before finally settling on the one we all know... which was an existing Halloween costume that they didn't own the rights to.

Duke was originally slated to die in GI Joe: The Movie (this is from the 80s). They changed the plan around due to negative reaction to the death of Optimus Prime.

James Cameron originally had OJ Simpson and later Lance Henriksen in mind for the role of the Terminator. On why not OJ: "People wouldn't believe he was a killer". :shifty:

Here's a concept painting of the latter:

image_45b224ac0.jpg?1304224297

And while I'm at it, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is generally considered the best Star Trek film. It was done on the smallest budget of the franchise as well. If you watch closely, you can see the various ways the studio tried to cut corners: The Regula Space Station is the station used in the first film, only flipped upside down, the scientists at said station are wearing modified jump suits of those god-awful PJs they had, and the cadet/enlisted crewman getups are actually those PJs as well, simply dyed.

Full Metal Jacket itself was based off of a novel called The Short-Timers. While there's some minor changes, it's pretty much the same thing. The novel was followed by a sequel called The Phantom Blooper, which still focused on Joker. A third novel was planned by the author passed away in 1993.

Will Smith was going to play Neo. Favourite movie fact ever.

I hear the catchphrase was going to be "Get giga with it."

Will Smith passed up The Matrix to do Wild Wild West.

Wild Wild West had a giant spider in it said giant spider was something the producer of the movie had wante Kevin Smith put in the third act of the Superman movie that Smith was briefly attached to writing.

Will Smith was going to play Neo. Favourite movie fact ever.

I hear the catchphrase was going to be "Get giga with it."

Will Smith passed up The Matrix to do Wild Wild West.

Wild Wild West had a giant spider in it said giant spider was something the producer of the movie had wante Kevin Smith put in the third act of the Superman movie that Smith was briefly attached to writing.

And that is a wonderful story to listen to Kevin Smith tell.

Christopher Lloyd's first on screen kiss was in Back to the Future 3.

This is the most adorable and heart-warming thing. :wub:

I thought he kissed Leslie Ann Warren in Clue :shifty:

Christopher Lloyd's first on screen kiss was in Back to the Future 3.

This is the most adorable and heart-warming thing. :wub:

I thought he kissed Leslie Ann Warren in Clue :shifty:

Yeah, weren't they fake-making out when the cop was looking through the house?

In the Empire Strikes Back; The FX bods at Industrial Light & Magic had fun at George Lucas' expense by including random objects into the asteroid field, including a potato and a shoe.

In Raiders Of The Lost Arkwhen Indy shoots the swordsman guy, well he was meant to fight him but Ford was ill & asked if he could just shoot him instead.

In preparation of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Hunter S. Thompson himself shaved Johnny Depp's head. They were in Thompson's kitchen, Depp refused to look in a mirror, and Thompson wore a miner's hard hat.

I love Johnny Depp's Hunter stories. One time he was staying over and had his ashtray on what I guess would be described as a bedside table, He looked at it as he was putting out a cigarette and saw that it was an old gun powder barrel. When he pushed it he realised the barrel was filled up with something, Depp went upstairs and asked Hunter and his wife what was in the barrel just to be safe thinking they were probably just storing something in it, Hunter pretty much shrugged it off, explained that he had been trying to remember where he left the barrel and yes it was full to the brim with gunpowder.

• Like 1

In preparation of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Hunter S. Thompson himself shaved Johnny Depp's head. They were in Thompson's kitchen, Depp refused to look in a mirror, and Thompson wore a miner's hard hat.

I love Johnny Depp's Hunter stories. One time he was staying over and had his ashtray on what I guess would be described as a bedside table, He looked at it as he was putting out a cigarette and saw that it was an old gun powder barrel. When he pushed it he realised the barrel was filled up with something, Depp went upstairs and asked Hunter and his wife what was in the barrel just to be safe thinking they were probably just storing something in it, Hunter pretty much shrugged it off, explained that he had been trying to remember where he left the barrel and yes it was full to the brim with gunpowder.

I just love that, following the movie's release, whenever anyone called Hunter out on his bad behaviour in public, he apparently used to exclaim "I'm Johnny Depp, damn it!".

• Like 1