European Football Thread

IAceI

I doubt his record would be quite as a good in the Premier League. Partly because of the greater parity and partly because he wouldn't consistently have had such a great supporting cast.

I don't anyone will come close in the Premier League, to having the ridiculous goal ratios that Ronaldo and Messi have in La Liga.

Plus, they both tend to take and score every single penalty, which obviously helps things. How many of Messi's 250+ were pens? - I'd guess about 50.

Can't see Ronaldo ever coming close to Messi in terms of goals in La Liga. How does their overall goal record compare?

Messi has scored 43 penalties for Barca.

Overall (club and country) Ronaldo has 452 goals in 705 games (0.68 strike rate) and Messi has 413 in 538 (0.83).

I had an argument with an overactive and hypocritical Geordie at work the other day who said and I quote "Ronaldo is not the best player in the World as all Real Madrid do is pass to him and that's it" and "He can't stand the tippy tappy style of football" yet thinks Messi is better than Ronaldo as the team is not build round him

Of course my argument that Ronaldo has proved himself in two of the most toughest leagues (speaking in physical and technical terms) and the fact Ronaldo has more to his game fell on deaf ears.