Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually was kind of holding out hope for Idris Elba, but Hodge would be sweet too.

I don't have a problem with Black Panther getting a film, though I can think of plenty of other heroes I'd sooner see get a solo film. Same way I feel about Dr. Strange, really. Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, Nova, Daredevil, all names I'd sooner see get the solo treatment.

Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel and Nova are all possibilities to be included somewhere in the Phase 2 films based on their possible connections to the Guardians of the Galaxy. They aren't on the team, but that doesn't mean they won't be involved.

A Power Man and Iron Fist movie could be pretty cool. If they wanted to, even a mini-series or just a full fledged TV series of the Heroes for Hire would be awesome. Sprung up in the aftermath of what happened in New York with the Chitauri, Cage and Danny Rand, with others, help to clean up the streets of their city. It's also possible they could be introduced in the SHIELD tv series if they are going the route of introducing new characters to the Cinematic Universe with the series.

Spider-Woman is another candidate for inclusion in the SHIELD series. Though the general public might take issue with her in a universe without Spider-Man. There might be confusion about whether or not she's a rip off, so I can see that being a potential roadblock.

Daredevil, I think, would work best as a series, but a smaller-budget movie with Daredevil facing a threat like Bullseye, maybe Typhoid Mary, or even just a gang of regular humans. Either way, Hornhead succeeds (obviously), but his alter-ego can't convict because the lawyers for his villain work for a very powerful man. We meet Wilson FIsk, the Kingpin, and that could help to set up a big-bad for the more street-leveled heroes of New York to face. If they go with other series', or other films to do with more New York heroes, they have the Kingpin set up as the big crime lord behind all these new villains.

So, in case you were sad about not knowing much when it comes to Guardians of the Galaxy:

Zoe Saldana has been cast as Gamora, The Controller will be in as Thanos' henchmen (maybe) and there's a video floating around showing a tiny bit of Ant-Man test footage, as well as all this concept art:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/03/first-pictures-of-marvels-phase-two-movies-ant-man-guardians-of-the-galaxy-thor-the-dark-world-and-captain-america-the-winter-soldier

The video on IGN's page isn't the correct one, there's a longer one that seems to have been pulled from most streaming sites. It looked kinda cool, though!

Totally forgot to come in and talk about this but since I ran it in my weekly thing earlier today, I figured I'd get to to it. I like Saldana so I think she's a fine addition talent-wise but I know nothing about the comics so I have no idea how well she fits. Since they're the only two left and I imagine the hardest to cast, what are the Groot and Rocket Raccoon characters like?

And in other Marvel news, apparently Black Widow is a major part of The Winter Solider.

I've not read the recent Winter Soldier comics, but simply from the original Cap arc I expected that Black Widow would featuire heavily. Thumbs up from me!

I mean, there's a lot of the comics that wouldn't really fit so will probably be different (since, for a start, apparently Red Skull isn't in it...and I expect them to go for something slightly different from COSMIC CUBE YET AGAIN OMG), but really I suspect that an increased role for Black Window is in part a consequence of a relatively minor role Agent 13 will have to play, since no one knows/cares who she is in the film franchise.

Still, looking forward to this film above all others (not that I know much about what Thor 2 is supposed to entail anyway).

Totally forgot to come in and talk about this but since I ran it in my weekly thing earlier today, I figured I'd get to to it. I like Saldana so I think she's a fine addition talent-wise but I know nothing about the comics so I have no idea how well she fits. Since they're the only two left and I imagine the hardest to cast, what are the Groot and Rocket Raccoon characters like?

And in other Marvel news, apparently Black Widow is a major part of The Winter Solider.

Groot literally only says I AM GROOT and that's it. I imagine he'll be CGI with someone unimportant doing his voice. As for Rocket Raccoon, I always forget the accent he's supposed to have but I think it's a heavy cockney accent? I had an awesome idea for someone to voice him the other day but I've completely forgotten now...

I've not read the recent Winter Soldier comics, but simply from the original Cap arc I expected that Black Widow would featuire heavily. Thumbs up from me!

I mean, there's a lot of the comics that wouldn't really fit so will probably be different (since, for a start, apparently Red Skull isn't in it...and I expect them to go for something slightly different from COSMIC CUBE YET AGAIN OMG), but really I suspect that an increased role for Black Window is in part a consequence of a relatively minor role Agent 13 will have to play, since no one knows/cares who she is in the film franchise.

Still, looking forward to this film above all others (not that I know much about what Thor 2 is supposed to entail anyway).

Yeah, I'm looking forward to The Winter Soldier more than any others, apart from Guardians and Avengers 2. Just because this'll be the most different sequel of the Marvel franchise, the jump from WW2 Cap to Modern Day will be very interesting. I really hope we see him grow from the kid he seems like in the first film into the man he is in the comics. My only problem with Black Widow being featured is that they'll probably do the whole thing with her helping Bucky get over his brainwashing... which, is kind of exactly what she already did in Avengers, just with Hawkeye.

Also, in actual news: Morris Chestnut of Kick Ass 2 and American Horror Story fame apparently posted something about "getting to know Black Panther" on his facebook or something. Could be him suggesting he'd like the role, could be him teasing that he's been lined up for one of the films coming up or his own film. I'd be cool with Panther showing up in The Winter Soldier in some way. Maybe Uganda could be part of where the film is set.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd apparently Evil Dead remake director Fede Alavarez and screenwriter Rodo Sayagues are up for consideration for a Marvel film, the most likely apparently being Dr. Strange. I haven't seen the Evil Dead remake (though I want to), but it's gotten good reviews mostly and the style and feel of the film has me confident that he'd be a good fit for a Dr. Strange film.

But man, fuck, I was just thinking the other day how great a Guillermo Del Toro helmed Dr. Strange film could be. It was never going to happen, but I think that could have been sweet.

First look at Electro from Amazing Spider-Man 2:

http://www.thesuperficial.com/jamie-foxx-electro-make-up-spider-man-2-set-04-2013

I'm sure with the full effects, not just makeup, will look a lot better. The Lizard didn't seem to be very good in the first few pics that leaked, and he turned out ok.