Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An actor on twitter just spoilt something about Iron Man 3 for me. Which I'm going to see in under an hour! Fuck you, (don't open unless you want a cool surprise ruined)

Mark Ruffalo. I wanted to be like, HOLY SHIT! And now I'll just be like, oh, cool.

Iron Man Three was alright. The action was fantastic, the Shane Black-feel was something I approve of too. Overall though I wasn't blown away. There were some aspects I wasn't fond of, and it felt very much like a end of a trilogy to me.

I thought it was far and away the best Iron Man yet. The story was fantastic, the twists throughout were great and the action was fantastic. The post credits scene was wonderful too. It played out far more like a story in the comics than an Iron Man film.

Holy shit, the twist with The Mandarin was amazing. Ben Kingsley was hilarious and Guy Pearce was fantastic. I never expected him to be the main villain, not after all that'd been said about it just being a cameo. I love how well they've hid everything, apparently Ben Kingsley is the one doing all the interviews and stuff and he's hyping up The Mandarin and talking about the 10 rings and so on. I love the interactions between Tony and the kid, too. Everything about it was great, makes me even more psyched for Thor 2.

Michael Jordan is up for the Human Torch in the new FF movie. I was against Donald Glover as Spidey but I am ok with this. I might have been against Glover because I didn't know who he was at the time.

The argument was stupid then and it's still stupid now.

There's word that Zoe Saldana is up for the role of Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy, but I guess since her skin color isn't grey-greenish she really shouldn't play her.

Michael Jordan is up for the Human Torch in the new FF movie. I was against Donald Glover as Spidey but I am ok with this. I might have been against Glover because I didn't know who he was at the time.

Ugh. This really just seems like a combination of doing it for the sake of it and because the Chronicle director is doing Fantastic Four.

The argument was stupid then and it's still stupid now.

There's word that Zoe Saldana is up for the role of Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy, but I guess since her skin color isn't grey-greenish she really shouldn't play her.

Your example is beyond stupid but I get the point. Even knowing who Glover is now I still say he wouldnt make a good Spiderman.

My example is stupid because arguing that skin color should factor into the equation is stupid.

What's the point though? They cast a black guy as Johnny Storm. Sure, we get why, but the average person goes "Huh, what? I thought he's Sue's brother?". (the rumored actress for Sue is white) Maybe they throw in some needed explanation like, he's adopted or a kid from a different marriage or something. Okay, great, but what does that do outside of add needless extra to the plot?

I'm all for some prominent black characters. I've been calling for a Luke Cage film since The Avengers was definitely a thing. I love the idea of a Black Panther film. I was definitely interested in Donald Glover as Spider-Man, even more so now I've read Miles Morales as Ultimate Spider-Man, which has quickly become one of my favorite books. With that, there's a good reason, it'd have separated itself from the previous films even better, it'd be a whole new take on the story, it could really explore the idea that anyone can be Spider-Man, white, black, who gives a shit.

What does this accomplish other than "Hey, cool, I guess."? You're totally right, skin colour shouldn't factor into the equation. But if you're going to change something like this, you should at least have some reason for doing it, other than "Why not?".

What would they be changing about his character?

He's Susan's brother. So they would have to, as stated earlier, add additional backstory on top of what's already there, to explain why the white girl's brother has a different skin color.

That said, I'm not against it at all. The cinematic universe is a separate beast from the books, and that's fine. I think though, with this movie especially, you're going to have a lot of fans who get angry about anything non-traditional to the books, simply because the first two movies were guilty of making changes that flopped tremendously. With the reboot, the best thing they could possibly do is stick to the source material as closely as possible. If it bombs, then the fans know that it just doesn't work, but we've had two Fantastic Four movies, and it doesn't feel like we've had a real Fantastic Four movie.