Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Controller ties in nicely with what's already been established. He has history with Thanos in the books, which can easily be used to tie things together. Perhaps the Guardians of the Galaxy stop what they think is the big bad in The Controller, only to find out that Thanos is the one pulling all of the strings, and that the big threat is still to come.

I saw that Man of Steel trailer and while it looks cool theres just something about Superman's costume that makes it never translate into live action well. Plus I don't think the actor looks like Superman but I have that issue with everyone besides Christopher Reeve. Maybe it's an issue with the suit as well but I don't think he looks big enough either.

I actually think Cavill looks great as Superman. In some shots, he doesn't seem to suit it, but when he's not sporting some kind of beard he really looks the part. I like the suit too. It's just the right mix of looking alien-ish and classic.

The good thing about Man of Steel is that no matter how bad it is, we can still think "Well, at least it wasn't Green Lantern."

• Like 2

I don't see a problem with the costume.

I don't see a problem with the actor.

The movie looks pretty.

The second trailers makes me think the story might be okay.

But in the end it's still Superman. And Superman sucks.

• Like 3

It's hard to argue with any of the above (we've had this discussion before but Superman is my least favorite superhero) but for some reason, I have hope that it will be good. The trailers have just really clicked with me so I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm stoked that Bishop's in it. This film is either going to be incredible or really bad, I don't think it'll fall anywhere in-between. But my hopes are high for something really interesting and different.

I've got a feeling that whilst it may not be a great film, it's going to be a fantastic piece of fan service, which will make for an entertaining 2 hours at least. It'll be better than Last Stand, not sure it'll reach the levels of X2.

I'm stoked that Bishop's in it. This film is either going to be incredible or really bad, I don't think it'll fall anywhere in-between. But my hopes are high for something really interesting and different.

I've got a feeling that whilst it may not be a great film, it's going to be a fantastic piece of fan service, which will make for an entertaining 2 hours at least. It'll be better than Last Stand, not sure it'll reach the levels of X2.

I'm still real uneasy about Singer replacing Vaughn but I preferred First Class to anything Singer did with the franchise so that has a lot to do with it.

I'm still real uneasy about Singer replacing Vaughn but I preferred First Class to anything Singer did with the franchise so that has a lot to do with it.

I loved First Class, but I think it was weak in a lot of places. X2 is kind of my perfect Super Hero film that isn't produced by Marvel or feature Batman. It delivered in every aspect that it needed to and juggled a lot of great characters and give them all a good amount of time to shine. I felt like First Class, despite having some seriously fantastic elements, kind of lacked in that respect. I wasn't a huge fan of the cold war setting, I didn't think many of the villains really had any development, which was a let down. Nor did some of the other mutants (the fairy chick? I could have done without her featuring entirely.) I love the film, but having watched it again recently, I don't think of it as being as amazing as I previously did. That's not to say X2 is perfect, but I think I prefer it.

Maybe it's just the Brian Cox of it all.