Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

What I don't like about the DC television series' is that they don't feel like a comic book series to me. I never got into Smallville because it wasn't "really" Superman. Arrow's been better for that, but still too much of a CW style drama for me.

I like the idea of using television as the main source for a cinematic universe, but only if it gets treated similarly. I know the budget's aren't going to be huge, but there's no reason why they can't have a live-action Flash or Wonder Woman series that feels like the books. I just don't want a Flash series where he's a scientist for 95% of the show, and in costume for a couple of minutes per season.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't like about the DC television series' is that they don't feel like a comic book series to me. I never got into Smallville because it wasn't "really" Superman. Arrow's been better for that, but still too much of a CW style drama for me.

I like the idea of using television as the main source for a cinematic universe, but only if it gets treated similarly. I know the budget's aren't going to be huge, but there's no reason why they can't have a live-action Flash or Wonder Woman series that feels like the books. I just don't want a Flash series where he's a scientist for 95% of the show, and in costume for a couple of minutes per season.

It's a hard sell, but once you get past the first 4 or so seasons and into some of the later stuff, Smallville is pretty great. Around Season 7 it's basically a Justice League show.

For a JL movie they really just need to copy the first two episodes of the JL cartoon. The only two people in that that were already established in the universe were Batman and Superman. Flash made a couple of apperances in Superman so he was known to be around but he hadn't had anything of his own. WW came off the island for the first time because of this big event, J'onn was indroduced in the same episodes as he was there to warn earth and GL wasn't hard at all to explain. Now as far as movies go currently we have GL and Superman. Mention Flash(Or even have him make a small apperance) in the Batman reboot and theres those two added.Just like in the show this big event would bring WW off the island. If you want another hero I think Aquaman could make for a good movie before JL to set him up.Only thing I would change in the story from the show would be to switch out the aliens with Brainiac. After that they could spin off a WW movie or a Flash movie.

I, personally, would love it if at the end of the second Superman film, he is somehow turned evil and the plot of the Justice League movie is for Batman to gather up super heroes to try and stop him. But that's just me.

Yeah, Bad Superman could be a ton of fun. It'd work in a further Justice League film, but I doubt we'd see it for a while if we do. It'd make for an interesting story, especially in a follow up Superman film.

SO, in Marvel news, there's good and potentially bad.

The good is that there's apparently scripts floating around at Marvel for a Blade reboot... potentially something with Luke Cage... AND, MS. MARVEL! Which I'm super psyched about. I love her as a character and I'd love to see a Marvel film with a female protagonist. Don't care so much about a Blade reboot, though. I kind of think they've told all the stories worth telling.

And in bad news, apparently Marvel are being tight as ever with contracts and as such, there's talk of Chris Hemsworth and Scarlet Johannson not returning for The Avengers because Marvel won't meet their salaries. As such, there's rumors they could be recast. That'd be fucking silly, with a film that made what The Avengers did, it's not hurting anyone to up the rest of the cast's money. Norton being recast was fine, it was pre-Avengers, but it's not going to feel right with half the cast recast.

I don't believe for one second that they're actually thinking of recasting. It's likely just negotiation tactic to try and scare them into lowering their demands and given Disney/Marvel's history of being cheap, it may be a threat they'd listen to. But as long as Feige is involved (and he said he is through Phase 2 at the very least), there's no way they'll depart from his vision unless something goes terribly wrong and Thor and Captain America 2 bomb or something. He's making them too much money right now not to trust him and I can't believe he'd be in favor of re-casting roles.

That said, I could see Avengers 2 without one or both them while being replaced by a new hero, just because that could just conceivably happen.

I'd be pretty okay with them mixing up the cast. The sad part is that the most likely to get cut are Widow and Hawkeye... and Hawkeye is one of the more interesting Avengers that we've really seen nothing of. Though, short of a Captain Marvel appearance in Guardians, I can't think of any heroes that're going to debut between now and Avengers 2 that'll really fit into the second Avengers film.

Isn't Fiege around for Phase 3, too? I seem to recall it's him talking about the Dr. Strange and Ant-Man films, that're Phase 3.

Yeah, I think if any change to the cast were to happen, it'd be during Phase 3 because from what it sounds like, they've already mapped out everything for Phase 2 and would have to do some major tweaking to make it work.

Feige has talked about those films but his contract is up after Phase 2 and he said he wasn't sure if he'd continue on after that or not. Then again, he followed that up by saying he's said that a few times before and has continued to stay on so he'll probably stick around.

Luke Cage and Ms. (Captain) Marvel are amongst my favourites so I would adore seeing them somewhere in the film franchise.

Also Wasp, but I presume she'll be in Antman.