Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watchmen was generally watchable (doooohohohohoho) and had a couple of fantastic performances (Jackie Earle Haley, Patrick Wilson), and I really liked the way they handled the big ending plot device. Zack Snyder was a really, really bad fit for it, though, and some of the acting was awful.

I totally was not paying attention to the acting. I will defend Zack Snyder for this, however, I thought he did it beautifully.

I loved most of it. The music and the way it was shot was really great, IMO.

Also, I couldn't really give a damn if it followed the book or not, but then again I didn't read it, so I guess I have very little say regarding that.

The music was great if it were in a competition for "can you pick the most blatantly obvious song choice for any given scene?"

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/26/john-c-reilly-rumored-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-role

I can't think of anything I despise more than the idea of John C Reilly as fucking Nova. I get that they're not talking Richard Rider Nova, but fuck that so hard. That's one of my all time favorite characters being played by someone I don't like at all and would need to lose a few hundred pounds.

Did Alan Moore hate the V for Vendetta movie like he seems to hate all the other ones? I just watched it again recently and I really like it. I mean I agree that League and Watchmen suck but this one is good

He never watched it, but has apparently read the script.

His main complaint about V For Vendetta is that they took a story about the relationship between anarchy and fascism, and turned it into a parable for Bush-era surveillance in which the words "fascism" and "anarchy" never appear. He basically said that they should have had the balls to tell the story they wanted to, set in America, rather than co-opting V For Vendetta to sugarcoat it.

As far as I know, Alan Moore refuses to watch the movies based on his books. He talks shit about them every chance he gets, but he won't watch the bloody things to form an actual opinion.

It's not about him having to watch the movies to "form an actual opinion". His opinion is that he didn't want movies made of his work. His problem is with the fact that they were made, not anything to do with the quality, or lack thereof. He doesn't need to have watched the films to reach that conclusion.

• Like 1

I never understood that, really.

If he didn't want other people to do things with his works, why did he ever sell the rights? Or is it just a case of him walking away from projects after they're done and the publishers owning the rights?

Either way, he's a great example for today's artists in all media to make sure that they are in control of their properties.