Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Is being a product of an interracial marriage really going to change Johnny Storm's story in any significant way?

And are we forgetting that Jessica Alba and Chris Evans look like they too were products of an interracial marriage?

• Like 2

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Jordan is up for the Human Torch in the new FF movie. I was against Donald Glover as Spidey but I am ok with this. I might have been against Glover because I didn't know who he was at the time.

Ugh. This really just seems like a combination of doing it for the sake of it and because the Chronicle director is doing Fantastic Four.
Or, ya' know, it's because he's a tremendous young actor who has a legit shot at an Oscar nom this year.

It's a shame that his talent has been afterthought so far because the reason they want to cast him is because he's about to break out, not because of his skin color.

Don't get me started on the Nick Fury Jr crap. I have no problem with the Ultimate Universe version of Fury being a bald black guy, but Jr seems to have been done in the Marvel Universe just for the fuck of it and I do no like the fact that he's more or less replaced the actual Nick Fury.

(Has nothing to do with him also being a bald black guy, though. I just don't like Nick Fury being replaced, period.)

As for the FF movie casting, we'll just have to wait and see. I don't have a problem with it, as long as it doesn't lead to Johnny being replaced by a black Human Torch in the comics if the movie does well. I hate it when they make changes to comics based off things from the movies.

Yeah, I kind of hate the replacement of classic fury just for the sake of synergy. I get why they did it, but I prefer old school Fury to the Ultimate Nick Fury. Sam Jackson is wonderful, though I do often wonder who they'd have cast if they'd gone for the original Fury.

Yeah, I kind of hate the replacement of classic fury just for the sake of synergy. I get why they did it, but I prefer old school Fury to the Ultimate Nick Fury. Sam Jackson is wonderful, though I do often wonder who they'd have cast if they'd gone for the original Fury.

Can you really cast anyone other than The Hoff?

My choice for Fury, if they had done Marvel movies in the 80s or 90s, would have been Harrison Ford. He's definitely too old now, though.

*edit, since Gabriel posted while I was typing*: I actually think Hasselhoff did a fairly decent job as Fury, even though the script was mostly garbage and Sandra Hess was seriously miscast as Viper. Also didn't like that they ignored the fact Fury actually does have an eye under the eyepatch. He's just mostly blind in that eye.

Edited by GhostMachine

I imagine the Robert Redford character in the Captain America sequel will provide a glimpse of that.

Yeah, hopefully. I'd love for it to turn out the Nick Fury is an alias and that Redford was Fury, once upon a time. It'd be a nice turn of events and gets around the whole infinity formula thing. Though, I suppose that's not an issue.

Admittedly I did a double take at the name and then realized that, oh yeah, it's Michael B. Jordan from The Wire and FNL. He's fucking awesome. I'm down with him as the Human Torch for sure.

I thought it was far and away the best Iron Man yet. The story was fantastic, the twists throughout were great and the action was fantastic. The post credits scene was wonderful too. It played out far more like a story in the comics than an Iron Man film.

Holy shit, the twist with The Mandarin was amazing. Ben Kingsley was hilarious and Guy Pearce was fantastic. I never expected him to be the main villain, not after all that'd been said about it just being a cameo. I love how well they've hid everything, apparently Ben Kingsley is the one doing all the interviews and stuff and he's hyping up The Mandarin and talking about the 10 rings and so on. I love the interactions between Tony and the kid, too. Everything about it was great, makes me even more psyched for Thor 2.

This. All this. I really enjoyed it.

Admittedly I did a double take at the name and then realized that, oh yeah, it's Michael B. Jordan from The Wire and FNL. He's fucking awesome. I'm down with him as the Human Torch for sure.

Woah wait, Wallace? Awesome.

Speaking of black actors in Marvel movies....anyone else think Idris Elba would make a pretty good Black Panther?

Yes, he's already played Heimdall in Thor. But that's a supporting character, and Chris Evans has played both the Human Torch and Captain America.

Speaking of black actors in Marvel movies....anyone else think Idris Elba would make a pretty good Black Panther?

Yes, he's already played Heimdall in Thor. But that's a supporting character, and Chris Evans has played both the Human Torch and Captain America.

I like Idris Elba, and I'm not opposed to him doing something more meaningful within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That said, I don't like the idea of actors playing more than one role in a small amount of time within the same continuity. Chris Evans was fine because for all intents and purposes, the Fantastic Four movies never happened. If they kill off Heimdall and wait 3-5 years before casting him in a bigger role, I'll be fine with that.

On the topic of Black Panther though, why not go young with an actor like Michael Jordan? Start with him as a young man, taking over rule of Wakanda from his dying or deceased father. Klaw would make for a good main villain, maybe prior to getting his powers. He could have a super-powered second for the big battle scene, or the movie could see him go through his transformation along with T'Challa becoming a man.