Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

I like Ben as an actor, but I don't think he's a good fit for this at all. I wanted Josh Brolin. :(

I might be in the minority because I saw a lot of support for him when he was rumored but I didn't think Brolin was a very good fit himself. As Batman, maybe (with a twinge of potential to be over the top gruff) but definitely not Bruce Wayne.

I think he'd pull of Wayne quite well, and he would be great for an older, DKR-esque Batman, which is what I was hoping for.

Looks wise, I could buy him as Bruce.

40330_pro.jpg

Edit: I'm just glad we didn't get Ryan Gosling(another good actor, poor fit) or, even worse, Orlando Bloom(Way too soft). I know people are going to write Affleck off, and he's not my ideal choice by any stretch of the imagination, but it could've been worse.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking handsome =/= ability to play the role.

I was just saying he would definitely look the part of Bruce Wayne as well as Batman. I mean, yeah he's a handsome guy, but that doesn't mean you'd make a good Bruce. I think he has the charisma to pull off Bruce, as well as the being plenty gruff enough to be an intimidating Batman. Just my opinion, of course.

When reached for comment Tommy from Quinzee added, "FIRST OFF GO SAWX. SECOND, HE'S NAWT THE BATMAN WE DESERVE, HE'S THAT QWEAH FROM GIGLI."

He then added, "LASTLY, GO SAWX. WHAT? YOU THINK YA BETTAH THAN ME?!"

Edited by GRIFT
  • Like 9

So now that Affleck is in, Matt Damon will surely be Robin, and Kevin Smith will usurp Zack Snyder as director. No word on Jennifer Lopez as a love interest.

has there even been a black Batman in anything?

If the Justice League movie ever comes to fruition, I feel like there's a chance they'll go with John Stewart as Green Lantern, if only to forget about how bad Ryan Reynolds was as Hal Jordan. <_<

I think the problem with casting Affleck is that he doesn't really have larger-than-life superhero charisma. He's great at more grounded, everyman roles. He'll be a charming, effectively tortured Bruce Wayne but when it's time to put on the cowl he won't really have the presence.

Of course, I also think Henry Cavill completely lacks presence as Superman but nobody really seemed to complain there.

• Like 4

Ben Affleck as Batman, yo.

He'd have been a better choice to direct it than act in it but he's not a bad choice for what they were looking for.

tumblr_mr437vU2mJ1qdkxdjo1_250.gif

I actually really like Affleck, but that is terrible casting from what I've seen of his range. I'm hoping this is a Ledger thing, where we're all assuming the worst and he'll blow us away, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think I'm even more let down by the fact it's not Karl Urban. The second I heard rumours about him, I knew he was who I wanted as the new Bruce Wayne.

has there even been a black Batman in anything?

No, and why would there be?

Same reason there have been black Supermen I guess.