EWR 2012 Stats Update: August ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

I've been thinking about how to handle the "too many shows for WWE" issue as well...

First, I'm really against adding Saturday Morning Slam. First, from what I've read, they're only going to have one match per episode. Since, in EWR, the minimum amount of matches in a show you can book is 3, it's already pretty unrealistic from that aspect. Combine in the fact that there really isn't a "morning" slot in EWR and it really makes no sense to add it, especially since it's just a match that is taped during RAW or Smackdown (Not sure which one).

Currently, if we were to remove a show, to get WWE back down to 3, the one I would remove would be Superstars. IMO, it makes the most sense since it isn't really a separate "show," in the "drawing attendance and money" department. The people are paying for RAW or SmackDown, not Superstars. That would leave RAW, SmackDown and NXT...

While I can see an argument for dropping NXT instead of Superstars, NXT is actually a separate show, which draws a separate crowd and separate ticket sales. Also, with them overhauling the FCW site to now be the "NXT" site, I have to believe that they're looking into do more with NXT. Finally, my guess is that most people would rather book NXT (with a good chunk of an entirely different "roster" available to them) than book Superstars and having the same roster available that they have for RAW and SmackDown.

Those who have used WWE in the August update know that I have, in a way, given NXT it's own "brand" in the game, which I figured people would like, as it makes it easy to separate the full WWE roster from the workers that have appeared on NXT. The idea is, any worker appearing on an episode of NXT will be on that part of the roster.

Perhaps someone who has actually used WWE could give their thoughts on how the idea works in the game. I'm actually doing a similar thing with Shine, making it a roster split of Shimmer. That way, if anyone wants to have a show with JUST Shine (or NXT, in the case of WWE) workers, they can set the roster split to that on their booking sheet.

-Bill

Guest Team 720

I've been thinking about how to handle the "too many shows for WWE" issue as well...

First, I'm really against adding Saturday Morning Slam. First, from what I've read, they're only going to have one match per episode. Since, in EWR, the minimum amount of matches in a show you can book is 3, it's already pretty unrealistic from that aspect. Combine in the fact that there really isn't a "morning" slot in EWR and it really makes no sense to add it, especially since it's just a match that is taped during RAW or Smackdown (Not sure which one).

Currently, if we were to remove a show, to get WWE back down to 3, the one I would remove would be Superstars. IMO, it makes the most sense since it isn't really a separate "show," in the "drawing attendance and money" department. The people are paying for RAW or SmackDown, not Superstars. That would leave RAW, SmackDown and NXT...

While I can see an argument for dropping NXT instead of Superstars, NXT is actually a separate show, which draws a separate crowd and separate ticket sales. Also, with them overhauling the FCW site to now be the "NXT" site, I have to believe that they're looking into do more with NXT. Finally, my guess is that most people would rather book NXT (with a good chunk of an entirely different "roster" available to them) than book Superstars and having the same roster available that they have for RAW and SmackDown.

Those who have used WWE in the August update know that I have, in a way, given NXT it's own "brand" in the game, which I figured people would like, as it makes it easy to separate the full WWE roster from the workers that have appeared on NXT. The idea is, any worker appearing on an episode of NXT will be on that part of the roster.

Perhaps someone who has actually used WWE could give their thoughts on how the idea works in the game. I'm actually doing a similar thing with Shine, making it a roster split of Shimmer. That way, if anyone wants to have a show with JUST Shine (or NXT, in the case of WWE) workers, they can set the roster split to that on their booking sheet.

-Bill

The main problem I see with WWE as is, is the amount of talent you need to have on tv each week. YES there is no RAW SmackDown split but you look at guys on NXT, they get tv every other week if they are lucky and if not, every three weeks. By doing this, the NXTers would be more likely to get "upset with management" due to lack of use. I think with NXT being FCW it should be developmental and I think it should be removed from the game. It is only seen locally and most WWE fans can't watch it now. I haven't seen episodes in WEEKS since week 3 I think just because of how much content control WWE has over its products.

I think the wait and see approach for Slam and Main Event is the best idea at the moment. They may be like WWF Mania and be recaps only showing a few matches or they maybe like WWF Superstars and Wrestling Challenge and be chock full of matches.

FYI. WWF had more programming in the 1990's and 2000's with Prime Time Wretling/RAW on Mondays, Superstars and Wrestling Challenge show in syndication, All-American Wrestling (Action Zone later took that time slot on Sundays on USA), WWF Mania on Saturday Mornings, WWF LiveWire (Mania's replacement) on Saturday Mornins, WWF Shotgun/New York/Jacked/Metal on Saturdays, Los Super Astros, Heat (on USA, MTV and Spike), SmackDown on Thursdays and Fridays, WWF Excess on Saturday Night, WWF/E Confidential on Saturday, WWE Velocity on Saturday, WWE Experience on Sarurday, WWE Bottom Line Syndicated, WWE After Burn Syndication and ECW on Tuesdays.

• Like 1

Guest mr. potato head

...I'm not sure what you're getting at there, but those programs were never all on at the same time. And several of them didn't have any first-run matches or any matches at all.

Guest Team 720

...I'm not sure what you're getting at there, but those programs were never all on at the same time. And several of them didn't have any first-run matches or any matches at all.

I was saying that there have been basses of WWF having multiple programing and they have sometimes more than the 4 show tolerance. To date we never included an OVW show when it was under their WWF/E deal.

The main problem I see with WWE as is, is the amount of talent you need to have on tv each week. YES there is no RAW SmackDown split but you look at guys on NXT, they get tv every other week if they are lucky and if not, every three weeks. By doing this, the NXTers would be more likely to get "upset with management" due to lack of use. I think with NXT being FCW it should be developmental and I think it should be removed from the game. It is only seen locally and most WWE fans can't watch it now. I haven't seen episodes in WEEKS since week 3 I think just because of how much content control WWE has over its products.

From the guide:

As a rule of thumb, main eventers should appear on one third of your shows, everyone else should be on at least once in every seven shows.

Nobody on the NXT split is a Main Eventer, as a matter of fact, the highest card position for any NXT worker is Midcarder. Once in every seven shows would mean that you only need to use NXT workers in every other NXT episode in order to keep the morale up...

Also, I've personally been able to find every episode of NXT to date, less than 24 hours after they air... They're not too hard to find, if you want to watch them. Also, again, my guess is, WWE is going to look to feature NXT more in the not-too-distant future. I REALLY don't want to throw all of the workers back in development, just to have them start airing NXT on WWE.com, the newly christened NXT site, or another TV network as soon as I make changes.

I mentioned a couple months ago that I felt that NXT should be a bookable show and I'm pretty sure that everyone who had any comments about it agreed with me... Dunno why that should change now.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Guest Team 720

From the guide:

As a rule of thumb, main eventers should appear on one third of your shows, everyone else should be on at least once in every seven shows.

Nobody on the NXT split is a Main Eventer, as a matter of fact, the highest card position for any NXT worker is Midcarder. Once in every seven shows would mean that you only need to use NXT workers in every other NXT episode in order to keep the morale up...

Also, I've personally been able to find every episode of NXT to date, less than 24 hours after they air... They're not too hard to find, if you want to watch them. Also, again, my guess is, WWE is going to look to feature NXT more in the not-too-distant future. I REALLY don't want to throw all of the workers back in development, just to have them start airing NXT on WWE.com, the newly christened NXT site, or another TV network as soon as I make changes.

I mentioned a couple months ago that I felt that NXT should be a bookable show and I'm pretty sure that everyone who had any comments about it agreed with me... Dunno why that should change now.

-Bill

The problem is though it is not as dasy to have 100 or so talents you need to have on tv within 7 shows. Now it seems like the entire "developmental roster" is now on the main roster. The problem is now you have to manage 100 workers and not have a true developmental program to the way the game was created.

Watching TNA tonight, I feel like Bully Ray is VERY overrated when it comes to brawl. From what he displayed in that match I wouldn't put him higher than a 73. Maybe in a more hardcore environment he can go, but I would lower his brawl to at least the early 80s. Raise his technical to 36. Lower his stiffness to 64. Lower his attitude to 74 and his behavior to 71.

I also feel like Jeff Hardy's speed is incredibly overrated. No more than 73.

-Raise Madison Rayne's stiffness to 37 and selling to 53.

The problem is though it is not as dasy to have 100 or so talents you need to have on tv within 7 shows. Now it seems like the entire "developmental roster" is now on the main roster. The problem is now you have to manage 100 workers and not have a true developmental program to the way the game was created.

AAA has 91 workers, none of which are in development and only have one show per week...

CMLL has 128 workers, none are in development and have 2 shows per week...

WWE has 145 workers, 23 are Non-Wrestlers and 26 are in development... That's really 96 workers currently on the active roster. Even by dropping their number of shows to 3, that's still 3 times the amount of shows to put them on TV than you do for AAA with the roster pretty much the same size... Even if you count the Non-Wrestlers, that's 119 for 3 shows a week, compared to CMML's 128 with 2 shows... WWE looks to be in a better position than both of those promotions...

-Bill

TNA spoiler

add Taryn Terrell to TNA

WWE star Chris Jericho confirmed his departure from WWE after Summerslam in an interview with the Austin Chronicle promoting Tuesday night's Smackdown TV taping in Austin and promoting Fozzy's new "Sin and Bons" record.

Jericho, whose last advertised date is next Monday's Raw after Summerslam, told the Austin Chronicle that he feels like he's in the best shape of his career and would continue with WWE if not for Fozzy's touring schedule and a new album that he's excited about. "I feel great. I'm enjoying this run, and if I didn't have a tour and a record coming out, I would stay. It's not like I can't wait to leave - in fact, it's the complete opposite. I'm a little sad to leave, in one way, but super-excited by the reason why I'm leaving," Jericho said. ">Jericho's final opponent is Dolph Ziggler, who was not Jericho's originally scheduled final opponent on the way out the door. "I didn't request to work with Ziggler," Jericho said. "At first, I thought it was Sheamus, than I was supposed to work with Daniel Bryan, and then they just told me, okay, you're working with Ziggler. I said, 'Great.' I will work with anybody, and I will do the absolute best I can to help that. I've been through this before." Jericho said he feels like the younger stars "need guys to work with" because they lack the experience from his generation. "That's sounding egotistical, but after 22 years of being in this business, but there's nobody in this company who's been in the business longer - except for Undertaker. I've been wrestling longer than Kane, I've been wrestling longer than Triple H." Jericho continued, "This will be the third time that I've left, and this may make people mad, but I've never been just a wrestler. I'm an entertainer. I do a lot of different things in that realm. I don't put myself in a box when it comes. So when I get a chance to work with a guy like Ziggler, I know what I can do with him. I know how good he is. He just needs somebody to help him. And, when I'm putting together matches or doing promos with these guys, things that I just see as basics, they still haven't figured out yet. That's not a bad thing. That's just the experience difference, and that's why I can help, and I think that's why I can come and go from the WWE for years to come."

Make Chris Jericho a Non-Wrestler and remove him from WWE.

Edited by hippie

Guest Team 720

AAA has 91 workers, none of which are in development and only have one show per week...

CMLL has 128 workers, none are in development and have 2 shows per week...

WWE has 145 workers, 23 are Non-Wrestlers and 26 are in development... That's really 96 workers currently on the active roster. Even by dropping their number of shows to 3, that's still 3 times the amount of shows to put them on TV than you do for AAA with the roster pretty much the same size... Even if you count the Non-Wrestlers, that's 119 for 3 shows a week, compared to CMML's 128 with 2 shows... WWE looks to be in a better position than both of those promotions...

-Bill

The problem is you also have to deal with the 23 non-workers and their happiness. Also IF you look at the roster page for NXT, all but the guys unassigned as well as Ms. Charlotte, Anya and DT Porter are not listed on the NXT roster (sources: Superstars (Men) Divas (Women).) The problem is while NXT is a show (albeit unaired to most Americans) it is at the same time a developmental program. Now you have 143/4 workers to worry about squeezing on programs every seven shows.

I would be more persistent with AAA and CMLL's roster, the problem is they rarely fire people. The only one I can think of was Durango Kid for giving Sin Cara and Diamante a tryout with WWE, The most time people leave one of the promotions, they make the decision to leave. A bigger thing is CMLL runs 2 two tags, at least 2 six man tags and sometimes a singles match so they have 5 or 6 matches which allow up to 28 guys on a single showing excluding managers. Plus in real life CMLL runs 5 shows a week as the run Arena Puebla in Puebla on Mondays; Arena Coliseo Guadalajara in Guadalajara, and Arena Mexico in Mexico City on Tuesdays; Arena Mexico on Fridays; and Arena Coliseo in Mexico City on Sundays. AAA is not as predictable to follow so I will not even try...

CMLLis introducing a new group of stars entitled Generacion 2012 with Akuma (3:16, Demus 3:16's brother) and a few others including Espanto Jr. and Oro Jr. (source: luchablog)

EDIT: SmackDown Spoilers:

Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks should have a ravishing gimmick

Second Edit: When it comes to AAA and CMLL's rosters.

The 91 number for AAA's roster is exactly from luchablog (with some additions such as Manaquito (Los Maniacos mascot who I have not seen in a long time) and Alebrije II) (source: luchablog.) Though I am pretty sure Dark Espiritu, Mascarita de la Muerte, Mini Abismo Negro, Mini Monster Clown and Mini Murder Clown have not done a show since the new year under these names so could be removed while Mortiz and Nezvah Rock are no long with AAA at all. The 128 workers for CMLL is much more muddy on roster due to several reasons. For one Luchablog lists more wrestles who are not in namely due to rename issues or lack of footage; or in one case a wrestler is listed on the roster twice; or also at least one has entirely left the promotion in Loco Max. Several reasons exist for the number: one Japan commitments because I know Great Muta, Jushin Liger, Naito, Nakamura, Namajague, Tanahashi, Yoshihashi and Yujiro have been brought in irregularly from Japan; two CMLL quietly fires people like I said previously and constantly start-stop using talent leading to rumors like Morphosis being gone from the promotion.

Edited by Team 720

WWE has signed Mercedes KV (real name Mercedes Kaestner-Varnado), a 20-year-old New England-based women's wrestler.<br style=color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); ">The official Facebook page of Chaotic Wrestling announced Friday evening,"JUST ANNOUNCED in LOWELL, MA - Mercedes KV will be leaving Chaotic Wrestling as Women's Champion, to report to the WWEtraining facility, FCW/NXT in Florida. All of us at Chaotic Wrestling want to congratulate Mercedes and wish her luck!"<br style=color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); ">Mercedes participated in a talent evaluation clinic for WWE in June at Florida Championship Wrestling headquarters, prompting speculation that she could join the sports-entertainment organization. She has been wrestling for two years and is billed at 5 foot 5 inches and 114 pounds.

add Mercedes KV to WWE.

- According to SuperLuchas.net, former TNA Wrestling star Alex Shelley has signed a contract with WWE. Shelley left TNA a few months back and was reportedly in talks with WWE to join the promotion's roster directly, as opposed to spending time developmental. It is unknown if he got that request.

add Alex Shelley to WWE.

Guest Team 720

WWE has signed Mercedes KV (real name Mercedes Kaestner-Varnado), a 20-year-old New England-based women's wrestler.<br style=color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); ">The official Facebook page of Chaotic Wrestling announced Friday evening,"JUST ANNOUNCED in LOWELL, MA - Mercedes KV will be leaving Chaotic Wrestling as Women's Champion, to report to the WWEtraining facility, FCW/NXT in Florida. All of us at Chaotic Wrestling want to congratulate Mercedes and wish her luck!"<br style=color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); ">Mercedes participated in a talent evaluation clinic for WWE in June at Florida Championship Wrestling headquarters, prompting speculation that she could join the sports-entertainment organization. She has been wrestling for two years and is billed at 5 foot 5 inches and 114 pounds.

add Mercedes KV to WWE.

- According to SuperLuchas.net, former TNA Wrestling star Alex Shelley has signed a contract with WWE. Shelley left TNA a few months back and was reportedly in talks with WWE to join the promotion's roster directly, as opposed to spending time developmental. It is unknown if he got that request.

add Alex Shelley to WWE.

I know SuperLuchas is a VERY big Mexican based wrestling news site but I would wait on that one due to the lawsuit...dry.gif

Watching TNA tonight, I feel like Bully Ray is VERY overrated when it comes to brawl. From what he displayed in that match I wouldn't put him higher than a 73. Maybe in a more hardcore environment he can go, but I would lower his brawl to at least the early 80s. Raise his technical to 36. Lower his stiffness to 64. Lower his attitude to 74 and his behavior to 71.

Wait, what? Isn't this the exact same argument I made for other guys?

Guest Team 720

Wait, what? Isn't this the exact same argument I made for other guys?

Yeah he has said well rounded performances in July. I guess we found out that he is a total mark for the current crop of Philly based indies.dry.gif Anyone who wrestles outside gets lowered. IMO Bully Ray is not overrated but Hardy would be too low at 72. I say 76 the least because when he is on he is great but he has had more off days since his WWE departure.

We noted earlier that WWE has signed 20 year old women's wrestler Mercedes KV from the Chaotic Wrestling promotion in the New England area. WWE has also signed Chaotic wrestler Max Bauer to a developmental deal. Both of them will be headed to Florida soon. Mercedes has been wrestling since 2010 was signed after attending a tryout camp earlier this year. Bauer has been wrestling since 2005 and had several WWE tryouts last year.

Add Max Bauer to WWE.

Edited by jadenjater

On the whole NXT thing Bill... I gotta disagree with you... A couple of months ago, nobody knew what the plans for NXT were. Was it main roster, or devellopmental? Who knew... It has now been apparant with the rebranding of FCW that NXT is the devellopmental territory. None of these guys are going to show up on Raw and SmackDown. They are not WWE Superstars and WWE Divas, they are NXT Superstars and NXT Divas (hence why they aren't on the WWE Website). I'd keep Superstars and ditch NXT.

Compare it to Sparkle & Shimmer. Sparkle is essentially a pre-show on Shimmer, not an actual devellopmental territory. They run on the same tapings, in front of the same crowd. They're dark matches rather than taped matches. Why should NXT be any different? The guys and girls from NXT will NOT be a part of the actual WWE roster unless they receive a call-up, and as such will likely be given a new gimmick, possibly a new name and certainly a proper debut on WWE TV. By making them part of the main roster, we are taking away that aspect of the game. They are a devellopmental territory who happen to be getting a bigger public showing than we are used to seeing from WWE.