TEW2013: Real World Update April 2013

CZW

Change Adam Cole's Best of the Best victory date from 2009 to 2011

Retire the Jr. Heavyweight title

Alex Colon is the Best of the Best winner

Biff Busick, Ace Delic, Trooper Aubudon should be added to the game and into the Front. I'm bad with stats so I'm not even gonna try making them up.

Rename Niles Young to Sozio

Add Drew Blood to CZW as a referee.

Add Dan Cowhey to the game and to the CZW as an announcer.

Add Emil J to the game and to the CZW as an announcer

WXW

Add Michael Dante to the game and to the WXW roster

SQUARED CIRCLE WRESTLING CHANGES POST LIVING ON THE EDGE WEEKEND:

REMOVALS:

*Remove ALEX COLON

*REMOVE NIKKI JETT

*REMOVE PLAYER UNO

*REMOVE PLAYER DOS

*REMOVE RON MATHIS

*REMOVE STEVE KRUZ (and set to Retired)

ADDITIONS:

*ADD AR FOX (Face, Highlight Reel)

*ADD DALTON CASTLE (Heel, Weirdo)

*ADD EDDIE EDWARDS (Face, No Gimmick Needed)

*ADD JIMMY JACOBS (Heel, Cocky)

*ADD PEPPER PARKS (Face, Old School Face)

*ADD STEVE CORINIO (Heel, Old School Heel)

*ADD THE GIANT PHAROAH (Heel, Hired Gun)

*ADD TERRY FUNK (Face, Hardcore Icon)

RENAME:

*RENAME THE GIANT PHARAOH -> BIG BUSINESS

*RENAME JOHN MORRISON -> JOHN HENNIGAN

*RENAME MATT MILIAN -> Milan X

DISPOSITIONS:

*CHANGE CHERRY BOMB to FACE

*CHANGE COLIN DELANEY to FACE

*CHANGE ISYS EPHEX to FACE

*CHANGE JOHN MCGRAW to FACE

*CHANGE JOHN HENNIGAN to FACE

*CHANGE KAGE to FACE

*CHANGE KEITH HARRIS to FACE

*CHANGE MATT HARDY to FACE

*CHANGE MATT MILAN to HEEL

*CHANGE SPIKE DUDLEY to FACE

*CHANGE STEVE MCKENZIE to FACE

*CHANGE ZAQUARY SPRINGATE III to FACE

GIMMICKS:

*SET CHEECH's gimmick to FITNESS FREAK

*SET CHERRY BOMB's gimmick to OLD SCHOOL FACE

*SET COLIN DELANEY's gimmick to FUN BABYFACE

*SET ISYS EPHEX's gimmick to FAN FAVORITE

*SET JOHN HENNIGAN's gimmick to TEEN IDOL

*SET MATT HARDY's gimmick to FAN FAVORITE

*SET MATT MILAN'S gimmick to TURN COAT

*SET STEVE MCKENZIE's gimmick to FUN BABYFACE

*SET ZAQUARY SPRINGATE III's gimmick to COCKY FACE

MANAGERS:

*Set BIG BUSINESS as Manager of SLYCK WAGNER BROWN

TAG TEAMS:

*SET THE KILLER STEVES TO INACTIVE REGULAR

*SET RICH SWANN & SAMI CALLIHAN to INACTIVE REGULAR

*SET DEMOLITION to INACTIVE REGULAR

*ADD PEPPER PARKS & CHERRY BOMB (OCCASSIONAL REGULAR, MED. EXP)

*ADD THE INSURGENCY (Milan X and Bin Hamin) (ACTIVE REGULAR, LOW EXP.)

STABLES:

*Remove NIKKI JETT from PLANET FITNESS

*Remove PLANET FITNESS as a Stable

*SET FIRST CLASS as INACTIVE

TITLE CHANGES:

*SET ISYS EPHEX as the 2CW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION (Week 3 April 2013)

*ADD KEVIN STEEN'S 2CW Title reign to title LINEAGE (June 23, 2012 - April 19, 2013)

MISCELLANEOUS:

*Tick MANAGER SOMETIMES for THE GIANT PHARAOH

*Add a STARTING INJURY for JAY FREDDIE (Torn ACL) and have it set to 3 months. Also lower his leg health a little.

*Decrease Steve Kruz' back and neck health. He recently had two spinal surgeries within six months and has retired as a result.

*I don't have the stats in front of me, but JOHN MCGRAW's announcing should be somewhere around at least 67 or so. The guy did one hell of an impressive job on the iPPV Saturday night.

Updated Photos:

John McGraw - Pete D. Order - Dick Justice - Eric M. Timmins

2CWUnknown001_zps50b22ae0.jpg3.jpg8.jpgEricTimmins_zpsf00c7d6f.jpg

Colin Delaney - Pepper Parks - Marcos - The Giant Pharaoh/Big Business

ColinDelaney_zpseacb28f8.jpgPepperParks_zpsd1772308.jpgMarcos_zpsb7cec0a3.jpgBigBusiness_zpsf0580fe7.jpg

Guero Loco - Punisher VanSlyke

5.jpg6.jpg

ADD THE 2CW REFEREE STAFF TO THE DATA:

Ted Stillwater - Joe Strawberry - Jonathan Ashe

2CWUnknown013_zpsbc1a6b14.jpg2CWUnknown012_zpse27a0bf7.jpg2CWUnknown011_zps15784147.jpg

I'd use a lower referee already in the data as a base, there isn't much info on these guys. I'd say Stillwater and Ashe are mid 20's in age while Strawberry is early 40's.

DaltonCastle_zps69645ce6.jpg

Name: Dalton Castle

Short Name: D. Castle

"The Party Peacock" Dalton Castle is a young worker from Albany, New York who works the North Eastern US. Still early in his career, he has shown above average charisma and is deceivingly strong for his size.

Born: April 1986

Debut: June 2009

Male

Heterosexual

No Relationship

White

American

Based in USA

Active Wrestler

Entertainer

Lightweight

Face Gimmick: Fun Babyface

Heel Gimmick: Weirdo

No Mask

Yes Hair

Wrestler Usually

Active in:

USA

Canada

Rumble: Weak

Technical: Average

High Flying: Weak

Performance: Average

Physical: Above Average

Entertainmebnt: Average

Camera: Average

EDIT: Also - I don't have the data in front of me at the moment, but both Isys Ephex and Jason Axe's Hardcore stat should be between 45 and 55. Isys Bleeds in a majority of his matches (ladder matches and the like) and Axe took a Tombstone Piledriver onto thumbtacks, embedding them into the top of his head.

• Like 1

BJW

BJW Deathmatch Champion should be Shuji Ishikawa (Won; January 2nd, 2013)

BJW Strong World Heavyweight Champion should be Daisuke Sekimoto (Won; March 1st, 2013)

Masada should be at least in the Upper Midcard.

Brahman Kei and Brahman Shu could be renamed to Kei & Shu Sato

Just a suggestion here, but what about renaming the Talent Trade V1 to Triangle of Ultraviolence?

I'm not even sure why it needs to be a thing. Why not just have a working relationship between the three promotions? It's not like the NWA or the Wrestling Is network of promotions (which I'm assuming we don't want to add seeing as there's already a ton of American indy promotions) where there's an obvious tie, it just seems like its three deathmatch promotions who happen to share talent.

I've been legitimately curious ever since I noticed that it was an alliance as opposed to just three promotions.

I'm not even sure why it needs to be a thing. Why not just have a working relationship between the three promotions? It's not like the NWA or the Wrestling Is network of promotions (which I'm assuming we don't want to add seeing as there's already a ton of American indy promotions) where there's an obvious tie, it just seems like its three deathmatch promotions who happen to share talent.

I've been legitimately curious ever since I noticed that it was an alliance as opposed to just three promotions.

wXw is not a Deatchmatch Promotion and the aliance fit it realy good so the Companies can loan people like BJW did it in RealLife with Tommy ,Bones ,Walter.

Or CZW with Kasai please think first if you post some BS like that

Ahahaha you're an angry little man, aren't you?

It still sounds to me like these three promotions could have working relationships with each other rather than the unnamed alliance. If the precedent for having an alliance in the database is just loaning workers, then most of the American indies would also be linked up like that.

A few of the workers need there roles changed.

Set Steve Austin to on-hiatus as he is busy filming reality tv and movies etc.

Set BG James aka Road Dogg to semi active as The New Age Outlaws work house shows for the WWE.

Set Sean Waltman to semi active as he still wrestles on the indy scene ever so often.

Mick Foley recently said in a interview that he is no longer going to compete in the ring. He said he would have liked to have faced CM Punk at Hell in a Cell but plans were changed and he is done wrestling. So set him to either a ppa or a exclusive ppa with WWE.

Jake Roberts is looking to make a comeback so maybe set him to semi-active.

The Rock has said in a interview that he might be completely done with wrestling so maybe set him to out of the business or on-hiatus with injuries.

CM Punk won't be back until SummerSlam apparently.

Christy Hemme, Lillian Garcia and Howard Finkel should be announcers.

For now just keep Johnny Ace as a road agent.

Edited by Guinness-Mick
  • Like 1

I haven't seen anybody talk about PWG since a moment so here is some modification to make concerning teams :

Active Tag Team

Note concerning experience : I used the "TEW System" where two wrestlers gains one exp. point each match they are teaming together. That's why some team like Roderick Strong & Edwards have less experience. I used the cagematch database to know how many time two wrestlers have teamed together.

Regular :

- DojoBros. (Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards) (Exp : 15) - Formed : August 2011 (Their first match together in PWG, not the very first one. It'll be the same for the other teams)

- Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) (Exp : 13) - Formed : January 2013

- Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Stupefied/Player Dos) (Exp : 100) - Formed : September 2011

- RockNes Monsters (Johnny Yuma & Johnny Goodtime) (Exp : 96) - Formed : December 2010

- The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (Exp : 100) - Formed : June 2007

- Unbreakable FN' Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin) (Exp : 4) - Formed : January 2013

Occasional :

- Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly) (Exp : 37) - Formed : October 2011

All other team must be made "Inactive"

Maybe add Johnny Gargano to PWG with a PPA Deal (of course). I heard an interview of him where, after what I understood, he intends to become a PWG regular.

If you add him, make another "regular" team :

Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano (exp : 28) - Formed : March 2013

Concerning PWG product, I think that would be a good idea to put the Face/Heel Devide off.

I thought of that because PWG sees some of Heel vs Heel match up where a worker/team works more as a Face.

The most notable exemple I remember is during "Mystery Vortex" where The Dojo Bros. acted as face against the Young Bucks in the opening match but as heel in their match against The SSB.

Edited by Leonheart0
  • Like 1

Ahahaha you're an angry little man, aren't you?

It still sounds to me like these three promotions could have working relationships with each other rather than the unnamed alliance. If the precedent for having an alliance in the database is just loaning workers, then most of the American indies would also be linked up like that.

Yeah, it's really not an "alliance" in the style of the NWA, Joint Promotions, or even the more recent "Wrestling Is" group, it's just three promotions with working relationships, and as the game can already reflect that perfectly well, creating an un-named and ill-defined alliance doesn't really make any sense to me.

A few suggestions off the top of my head;

Mike Quackenbush is currently injured, and arguably on hiatus. At the very least, he's sidelined with a cracked tibia, along with nagging issues with his wrist, ribs and back. On Twitter and some of his podcasts, he's stopped referring to himself as a "pro-wrestler", and chiefly as a trainer. In my game, I've set him to "broken lower leg" with a fairly long recovery time, though as it's all a little hazy, and he has no real schedule for a return, it's difficult to say what should be done here.

Amasis should be added back to the CHIKARA roster, and made an active wrestler.

The default image for Scott "Jagged" Parker is incorrect; it appears to be of the British wrestler Scott Parker, not Jagged. (Scott_Parker.jpg rather than Jagged.jpg, if I remember correctly).

There are a couple of duplicates with CHIKARA regulars, though I'm not sure how you choose to deal with some CHIKARA characters - personally, I have no problem with, say, Ice Cream Jr. and his unmasked alter-ego both being in the database, though I can see why some people might object. In the name of keeping CHIKARA kayfabe alive, I'd keep things as they are, but could be open for discussion.

Natsuki Taiyo's name is ordinarily stylised as Natsuki*Taiyo, or Natsuki☆Taiyo. Probably the former would be better, as the latter may be awkward with the special character.

There were a few more I noticed last night, can't remember them now. Next time I load up TEW I'll have a look - mostly tweaks on CHIKARA guys, some British veterans and the Joshi scene.

• Like 1

I've got some suggestions, for a better gameplay of the Real World database.

Well first of all, El Generico has a new NXT name, he is now "Sammy Sane" instead of "Sami Zayn" and it's official.

A little idea of mine is concerning TV shows. WWE RAW is about 3 hours of show, right? Well, in the database, it's kinda hard to book 3 hours, so I suggest to put up 2 hours or 2 hours and 30 minutes because there are commercials in shows like RAW and SmackDown, and it's about 2 or 2:30 hours of real show, this is what we have to book, you see? So I suggest to take in count the commercials in the TV shows so it'll be realistic.

Ok, now, about ring announcers like Lillian Garcia. Tell me, is there a ring announcer push? I don't think so. I think these characters are announcers, in the database. And sometimes, I got Finkel complaining about never being on RAW. But there isn't a ring announcer push, and I got my announcers (JBL, Jerry and Cole). So they are never going to be on RAW. So you know what I suggest? To take 'em outta the database. 'Cause they are taking money for nothing, and are complaining for nothing.

In the database, we got the WWE who's full name is WWE. You should edit that to "World Wrestling Entertainment" as it's really his full name, like all the other companies. Just a lil' detail, I always edit it myself, but it's for the people, so I suggest you to do that.

Fandango has no finisher in his moveset, suggesting you to create a moveset for him, with the Diving leg drop.

WWE rebranded themselves as just "WWE", not "World Wrestling Entertainment". Their trading name is just "WWE", so the name is correct.

Where have you seen it being reported as "official" that Generico is now Sammy Sane? His Twitter account is Sami Zayn, and that's how he was referred to at Axxess. The only times I've ever seen "Sammy Sane" were early reports based on how he was announced on house shows.

Ring announcers have always been a difficult one for me - I like the idea of having people like Howard Finkel and Lilian Garcia in the game. Maybe set them as personalities or something? Though you'd still end up with them complaining of not being used.

A little idea of mine is concerning TV shows. WWE RAW is about 3 hours of show, right? Well, in the database, it's kinda hard to book 3 hours, so I suggest to put up 2 hours or 2 hours and 30 minutes because there are commercials in shows like RAW and SmackDown, and it's about 2 or 2:30 hours of real show, this is what we have to book, you see? So I suggest to take in count the commercials in the TV shows so it'll be realistic.

I've never liked this idea at all and here's why. While its true that RAW doesn't have 3 hours of TV time every Monday from the perspective of us viewers at home that doesn't mean WWE doesn't book and run a 3 hour+ show. Every Monday WWE runs 3+ hours of a show for their live audience. We may be watching commercials during 40 minutes of that but they're not. At least not unless WWE is running commercials in the arena. When there's a long match we don't tend to see 100% of it. They cut to commercial break but the match is still going on. So why not assume you take commercial breaks during your matches? Or why not run those short commercial segments like a wrestler walking to the ring or a graphic for an upcoming match? The minimum you can run them for is 1 minute but they last 5 or 10 seconds in real life. So why not chalk the rest of the minute up to commercial time?

If you want an easy way to make for commercial times then book "John Cena is walking to the ring" for 1 minute, "Alicia Fox runs a kiss cam" for 1 minute, and then "The announcers hype the main event" for 1 minute. On TV you'd see maybe 10 seconds of that so that's 2 minutes and 50 seconds for commercials.

Or Hell, know what I do sometimes? Create a "Commercial Break" angle. Set it for 3 minutes, throw in whatever you want like "wrestler walks to the ring", "Diva entertains the crowd during the commercial", and "announcers hype match" and save it as a minor angle. Then all you need to do is select that every time you book a show. It can make things a lot easier for you and its way more "realistic" in my book than cutting the show to 2 and 1/2 hours.

Ok, now, about ring announcers like Lillian Garcia. Tell me, is there a ring announcer push? I don't think so. I think these characters are announcers, in the database. And sometimes, I got Finkel complaining about never being on RAW. But there isn't a ring announcer push, and I got my announcers (JBL, Jerry and Cole). So they are never going to be on RAW. So you know what I suggest? To take 'em outta the database. 'Cause they are taking money for nothing, and are complaining for nothing.

Push them as Personalities or set them as Announcers and make sure to use them once a show in a backstage interview or with something like a Kiss Cam or T-Shirt Cannon angle for the crowd/commercials. They'll expect to be used as Announcers if you set them as that but if you just use them once on your A Shows then I find that works out fine.

I'm absolutely against removing them from the database. They're real personalities in the business who people might want to use. If you don't want to use them fire them or set them to Personalities and ignore them. But I like using them when the mood suits me. In fact I often tend to acquire dozens of Personalities, Road Agents, and Announcers I keep around specifically to use in quick segments that come up from time to time. I like having "Security" to break up a brawl or people talking backstage to be surprised by a fight. That sort of thing makes people who may not have a major role still useful to me in small ways.

I've never liked this idea at all and here's why. While its true that RAW doesn't have 3 hours of TV time every Monday from the perspective of us viewers at home that doesn't mean WWE doesn't book and run a 3 hour+ show. Every Monday WWE runs 3+ hours of a show for their live audience. We may be watching commercials during 40 minutes of that but they're not. At least not unless WWE is running commercials in the arena. When there's a long match we don't tend to see 100% of it. They cut to commercial break but the match is still going on. So why not assume you take commercial breaks during your matches? Or why not run those short commercial segments like a wrestler walking to the ring or a graphic for an upcoming match? The minimum you can run them for is 1 minute but they last 5 or 10 seconds in real life. So why not chalk the rest of the minute up to commercial time?

If you want an easy way to make for commercial times then book "John Cena is walking to the ring" for 1 minute, "Alicia Fox runs a kiss cam" for 1 minute, and then "The announcers hype the main event" for 1 minute. On TV you'd see maybe 10 seconds of that so that's 2 minutes and 50 seconds for commercials.

Or Hell, know what I do sometimes? Create a "Commercial Break" angle. Set it for 3 minutes, throw in whatever you want like "wrestler walks to the ring", "Diva entertains the crowd during the commercial", and "announcers hype match" and save it as a minor angle. Then all you need to do is select that every time you book a show. It can make things a lot easier for you and its way more "realistic" in my book than cutting the show to 2 and 1/2 hours.

Push them as Personalities or set them as Announcers and make sure to use them once a show in a backstage interview or with something like a Kiss Cam or T-Shirt Cannon angle for the crowd/commercials. They'll expect to be used as Announcers if you set them as that but if you just use them once on your A Shows then I find that works out fine.

I'm absolutely against removing them from the database. They're real personalities in the business who people might want to use. If you don't want to use them fire them or set them to Personalities and ignore them. But I like using them when the mood suits me. In fact I often tend to acquire dozens of Personalities, Road Agents, and Announcers I keep around specifically to use in quick segments that come up from time to time. I like having "Security" to break up a brawl or people talking backstage to be surprised by a fight. That sort of thing makes people who may not have a major role still useful to me in small ways.

They do.

They do, which is why I included it. But you can do that too. In this mod I'm pretty sure there's angles like "Video hyping Wrestler" or "Video for next show." Go ahead and make "Trailer for bad WWE Film" or "Don't Try This At Home" if you want to. That's my point. Realistic is actually really easy to simulate by the player. Cutting the show for the mod doesn't make things more realistic, it just limits options.

But you really don't have to worry about covering for beer commercials and car ads. That stuff happens by the network, you as the show booker should be focused on what the fans in attendance see.

Edited by galacticgonzo

Yeah - the commercial thing comes up time and time again. I say leave the show lengths as they are. In TEW 2013 you get some leeway anyway. If it really bothers someone and you want to lessen the length of a show - do so in the editor before you start a game.

Some stuff I've noticed.

- Jolly Roger is taking part in some of the Wrestling Is promotions so probably should be Active.

- I don't know the wrestlers but I think Titan and The Giant Titan are the same person.

- Allison Danger retired this month for her health. Ayumi Kurihara is also retiring next month I believe.

- Evie should be a woman.

- BUSHI and T28 are the same person I believe. Wikipedia has both listed as aliases for Tetsuya Bushi.