Pens and Papers

KONGO

4 minutes ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

I am DMing it. Can't wait to kill all my player's new fave characters. 

Oh yeah, the Death House right at the start is already incredibly lethal - and that's just the beginning!

• Like 1

I can't wait until I get to be a player in a long term campaign again (that doesn't fizzle out. Why is this hard?! I have two on-going games, this weekend is the first time we've not played since March, and then since probably fall before then). For any system it's been about 6-7 years, for D&D? Probably goes back 10 years.

So I'm trying to start freelancing and doing commissions, because I'm tired of working retail. And I figured a good place to start would be making custom monsters, maps, and magic items for D&D games, since I've been doing it for a while. However, since I lost my laptop, I've lost a lot of the images that I could have used for examples on sites like Fiverr. So I was wondering if anyone needed any custom content like that designed for their game, or just had an idea for a custom map, magic item, or monster that they'd like to see drawn up with official looking layout. No charge, obviously, but I would want to be able to use it to promote my commission and freelancing stuff.

• Like 1

Sometimes you have an unkillable barbarian in your party. Sometimes you accidentally kill that barbarian with two mindflayers in a random encounter... tonight was definitely the latter.

(They rolled SO BAD. Cleric was perma stunned, barbarian forgot to rage before getting into melee (and thus reducing the brain sucking damage), the druid missed her big attack, and the random gith allies were kinda wimpy with their hits)

39 minutes ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

At 2pm ET/7pm BT, I will be on twitch.tv/sabotagethedm playing in their first ever Total Party Knockout game. Four Level 20s will take on a big boss, this time it's a Demogorgon. Come watch or check it out on demand later!

Level 20 x 4 vs anything is gonna be a cake walk!

More Australians or something need to play on Roll20. trying to find a game on their LFG page, something that would start late in the evening (since I work until 11pm every day), but there's nothing (or if there is, it's pay to play, which I am unsure of, a) because I'm broke b) paying to find out I don't jive with the group is ehhh)!

I did see a game by our own @Chris the Human, which is neat!

On 05/07/2021 at 19:28, Ruki Returns said:

More Australians or something need to play on Roll20. trying to find a game on their LFG page, something that would start late in the evening (since I work until 11pm every day), but there's nothing (or if there is, it's pay to play, which I am unsure of, a) because I'm broke b) paying to find out I don't jive with the group is ehhh)!

I did see a game by our own @Chris the Human, which is neat!

Wahey! Which one was it? I've got ten on the boil at the moment.

I do offer a free session zero if ever you're keen to jump in and test the waters. My Aussie group is generally pretty cool: married couple and a laid back Queenslander make up half of my evening slots. They're playing in my Rime of the Frostmaiden and Ghosts of Saltmarsh, with two of them also being in our podcast. Two of them are even playing in my upcoming Pathfinder game as well.

If ever you're keen to just jump into our Discord and have a chat, I reckon you'd find it a pretty good group :)

On 25/06/2021 at 08:56, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

Starting Curse of Strahd tomorrow. Very excited.

How are you liking it? My group just opted to call it quits after their third or fourth TPK. It's a fantastically atmospheric module, but it really fell apart with the group constantly getting themselves killed doing reckless/stupid stuff.

We're rebooting next week in a Ghosts of Saltmarsh campaign that promises to be a lot less brooding and lethal.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chris the Human said:

I do offer a free session zero if ever you're keen to jump in and test the waters. My Aussie group is generally pretty cool: married couple and a laid back Queenslander make up half of my evening slots. They're playing in my Rime of the Frostmaiden and Ghosts of Saltmarsh, with two of them also being in our podcast. Two of them are even playing in my upcoming Pathfinder game as well.

If ever you're keen to just jump into our Discord and have a chat, I reckon you'd find it a pretty good group :)

How are you liking it? My group just opted to call it quits after their third or fourth TPK. It's a fantastically atmospheric module, but it really fell apart with the group constantly getting themselves killed doing reckless/stupid stuff.

We're rebooting next week in a Ghosts of Saltmarsh campaign that promises to be a lot less brooding and lethal.

I think it was a Saltmarsh one?

15 minutes ago, Chris the Human said:

Room for one more in that one if you fancy a free session zero. 

While I love the story concept (anything with illithids... *chefs kiss*), my funds are tied up for the next bit in moving/house buying expenses.  I appreciate it though!

9 hours ago, Chris the Human said:

We are two sessions in. I don't imagine they will be the type to do too much stupid stuff. The biggest obstacle will be if they run away when they are in a losing fight.

We did Death House, which was very fun. They really digged the creepy haunted house vibes and I think all of the dark storyline stuff worked pretty well too.

• 3 weeks later...

Since losing their frontline meat shield, my PCs have been SUPER tactical. Basically finding the quickest route into the Hill Giant fortress and absolutely demolishing the hill giant lord (who couldn't do anything, since they were ranged... and she had a movement speed of 0 because she weighed like 20k pounds). Then they went to a cloud giant castle, dropped in from their airship to the top level, went straight to the cloud giant leader that was there, demolished him in 3 turns and managed to get away unscathed....

...except for a white dragon that was living in the base of the castle came looking for them after the explosion (Cloud Giant used fireball to kill itself and try to kill a PC). So now they are down some big spells, a little hurt... and facing down an adult white dragon at level 9. I ran a simulation of the battle. It's either gonna be a TPK or a close fight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2021 at 01:53, Ruki Returns said:

Since losing their frontline meat shield, my PCs have been SUPER tactical. Basically finding the quickest route into the Hill Giant fortress and absolutely demolishing the hill giant lord (who couldn't do anything, since they were ranged... and she had a movement speed of 0 because she weighed like 20k pounds). Then they went to a cloud giant castle, dropped in from their airship to the top level, went straight to the cloud giant leader that was there, demolished him in 3 turns and managed to get away unscathed....

...except for a white dragon that was living in the base of the castle came looking for them after the explosion (Cloud Giant used fireball to kill itself and try to kill a PC). So now they are down some big spells, a little hurt... and facing down an adult white dragon at level 9. I ran a simulation of the battle. It's either gonna be a TPK or a close fight.

So, in the random test rolls of the breath weapon I was doing between 50-70 damage. In combat, I did 45 and then 33. Nobody even dropped. The dice gods love my players 😕 

On 07/07/2021 at 00:46, Chris the Human said:

Room for one more in that one if you fancy a free session zero. 

Come September, I am paying less for daycare! (Only $125... when the rest of the country might be getting $10 a day daycare... thanks Alberta!)... so I am gonna be able to partake in your games potentially! Lemme know if you have any new campaigns (in 5e or PF2) starting up and hopefully the time-zone thing works out!

• Like 1

On 04/08/2021 at 15:48, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

A group of us are playing D&D for 40 hours starting Friday morning and we're raising money for charity. Come check it out. 

I was on vacation and away from my computer when you did this - how did it go?