Pens and Papers

KONGO

14 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

We also helped the father burial... fought the vampire spawn in the basement. That was a tough fight, because we were also only trying to incapacitate it. 

My party had no interest in going into the basement, so I described Doru's screams echoing out from the front door of the church as they walked away to end the session. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you @Ruki

Spent Yesterday putting together what kind of character I would like to create. Was taking inspiration from a Bard who is a travelling salesman selling potions that could work or not. He is a trickster like the god Loki. But has the ability to manipulate himself in or out of trouble. Also disguises for in taverns and shops. A lot of fun. 

• Like 2

For those who want to play games in space and fancy branching out from DnD, let me suggest he following which we play and love on our Twitch channel.

Traveller Core Rulebook (Second Edition): Amazon.co.uk: Matthew Sprange:  9781908460523: Books

TRAVELLER (MONGOOSE 2nd EDITION)
Traveller is the ultimate sandbox. Want to do space battles? Sure. Pirates? Sure. Vast galactic wars? Sure. Overthrow governments? Sure. Trading? Sure. Hi-tech/cyberpunk/near-future tech/decaying worlds/feudal worlds? Sure. Boarding creepy dead ships? Landing on strange worlds and fighting aliens or terrifying creatures? Sure Sure. 

Or schlump around like we do, visiting worlds and doing very different things on each while enjoying brunch.

Orbital Blues: A Space Western RPG - SoulMuppet Publishing |  DriveThruRPG.com

ORBITAL BLUES

Orbital Blues focusses on the space western genre - mix up Cowboy Bebop, Firefly and every other jazzy sadness-tinged, dusty adventure there's been. Sticks to d6s (like all my suggestions here) and throws in some interesting mechanisms regarding mental state, combat range, going out in a blaze of glory, carrying equipment etc. Very cool, we're a few sessions in (playing again on stream this Saturday) and loving it.

Category: Wargaming

THOSE DARK PLACES

Simple and deadly game that exudes Alien, Outland and that brutal industrial sci-fi future with knackered ships and uncaring, vast corporations sending men and women into space to mine for decades at a time. Really easy to learn, creates really atmospheric games (with the designer providing extra adventures, some of which are pretty brutal).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is for you lovely lot. It was posted on the D&D page I follow. But made me think of everyone at EWB who is helpful. It is also helpful for us to remember to help and show people good ways, tips or stuff we know and offer advice.  Encourage them to enjoy little thing's that made them feel good, even if just for a second in this mad crazy World.

Thank you for offering to help me understand more fun games and helping. 

Maybe you could all set up a game of D&D on the board. You could all take turns and always keep the story going and people can pop in and out with no trouble or pressure to always be in it. Just a thought. 

FB_IMG_1655463171901.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Ok thanks! So is there any downside to playing a subrace? Why would people ever pick normal dwarf over hill dwarf?

You actually always have to pick a subrace! You're either a hill dwarf or a mountain dwarf or one of the other subraces, never just a dwarf.

And you should check if your DM uses the creation rules from Tasha's. Then you can choose where your +2/+1 goes. Makes it so any race can be any class without handicapping yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ruki said:

You actually always have to pick a subrace! You're either a hill dwarf or a mountain dwarf or one of the other subraces, never just a dwarf.

And you should check if your DM uses the creation rules from Tasha's. Then you can choose where your +2/+1 goes. Makes it so any race can be any class without handicapping yourself.

Ohh got ya, thanks! I am looking in the SRD and they only have Hill Dwarf listed! hence my confusion then lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Ohh got ya, thanks! I am looking in the SRD and they only have Hill Dwarf listed! hence my confusion then lol

If you need an online PDF of the 5e Player's Handbook to flip through, I found this.
http://online.anyflip.com/dkneq/yerq/mobile/index.html

Page 18-21 on dwarves, and the two basic subraces of Mountain and Hill dwarves! :)

• Like 1