Apparently James Gandolfini has died

therockbox

:( Great actor, Tony Soprano is probably one of the best TV characters there has been and that is thanks to his acting abilities.

Hopefully he wasn't in pain and my thoughts go to his family.

Can't say I ever really watched the Sopranos, but I respected his body of work in it and a lot of other projects he did.

51 is too young to go, and the report I read that it was a heart attack AND a stroke makes it even sadder (and that it happened in Italy at that is kinda eerie in a way) :(

I wake up from a nap to this? Fuck you, world! :crying::crying::crying:

While I haven't forgotten how great both he and The Sopranos, I have neglected to remember just how great recently and it's a shame that it's taken the death of a superb actor (who played one of my favorite characters in all of TV) to make me re-visit that. Shit, this sucks.

I am still mad and in disbelief. Fuck. Someone on The AV Club suggested he would have been perfect to play POTUS on Veep if/when they ever finally got around to having him appear on camera and that got me frustrated again.

I mean, he made me stop hating Killing Them Softly when he was on-screen. That was a feat.

• Like 3