Steam Summer Sale 2014

Benji

Got 18 games in the sale for a total of 65euro, got a bunch of fun stuff and got the one game I REALLY wanted from the sales which was Shogun 2, so I'm happy out. Got a tenner left so I'll probably wait for the next flash sales at 2am and see if there's anything interesting, really want to re-buy Vegas 2.

EDIT: Caved and bought Arma 2: Complete Collection. Not at all for Day-Z, purely because I'm mad about realistic war sims like this, happy I bought it!

Edited by DJ Ice

I did the same thing with Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, and ended up just getting Mark of the Ninja today since Deadlight won the vote. I won't be surprised if the game is a flash sale for the $3.74, but eh.

Even though my computer isn't the greatest, the Steam sale is torture with the games I'm able to get and run >_<. I'll just have to take it out on Mars in Universe Sandbox <_<

My first Steam sale experience, so I made a rookie mistake. Bought NBA 2k13 yesterday as it was 50% off. Was craving a basketball game. Now it's a flash sale and 75% off. Ah well. Was only like $7 extra,

Just a general tip I adhere by. If they are ''normal deals'' which you want, toss em on your wishlist. That way you get informed if it becomes a flash sale. The ''normal deals'' last throughout the entire summer sale, so if it never get flashed you can always pick it up on the final day.

• Like 1

I'm stupid and never really looked into specs I needed for certain games and that, like I bought Tiny and Big which is an absolutely beautiful game but it's always crashing even though it runs absolutely fine apart from that, and the Tomb Raider games are annoying as all hell to set up with a controller.

Can't decide on voting between torchlight II or gunpoint. .. help me someone!

Edit: Nevermind. Still have a spare Tomb Raider card for the Summer badge if anyone has anything they'd wanna trade for it.

Edited by Vitamin E

I'm stupid and never really looked into specs I needed for certain games and that, like I bought Tiny and Big which is an absolutely beautiful game but it's always crashing even though it runs absolutely fine apart from that, and the Tomb Raider games are annoying as all hell to set up with a controller.

Tomb Raider plays waaaaaaay better with mouse and keyboard.

Tomb Raider plays waaaaaaay better with mouse and keyboard.

God dammit TK...I bought an Xbox wired controller off Amazon soley because I figured this game would be better with it! Well, that and I couldn't get my PS3 controller to properly work with Bully..

Also, I just spent 4 hours playing Torchlight 2...fuck this game is addictive and fun as hell

I'll still be buying, but I just have to wait a little while to play them. My computer was about seven years old anyway, and I'd been thinking about replacing it because despite it's years of strong service, it's been making noise and slowing for a while.

I salute your years of glorious service, HP Pavilion :crying:

They have Steam on phones now. You are never safe from the sale!

You have any idea how many of these games I've bought that, if I didn't have the Steam app, I wouldn't have bought? But nooo...."Oh..8 hours have passed..whats the new flash sale? Whats the new community choice? Oh shit its $2.49! I'll get that shit!"

Also, apparently, don't vote for Infestation in the latest community vote...its the terribly buggy The War Z, just renamed. Which means the latest community vote will have no interest to me...woohoo!

• Like 1

I'll still be buying, but I just have to wait a little while to play them. My computer was about seven years old anyway, and I'd been thinking about replacing it because despite it's years of strong service, it's been making noise and slowing for a while.

I salute your years of glorious service, HP Pavilion :crying:

YOU BUY GAMES AT THE SALE TO PLAY THEM?! You are weird.

• Like 1

Me and a co-worker were discussing the Steam sale. We feel the sub $5 games are almost unfair. Its like the impulse buys at the grocery store...where they have the candy bars 4 for $2..."Oh..this game is only $3? Well I have to buy it..even if it sucks, I'm only out $3!"

Edit: Also, in the last few days, my Steam collection has gone from 15 games to 54...