EWR Stats and Scenarios in Theory and Practice

Sousa

For my two cents re: relationships, I'd also suggest being more stringent on Love relationships and limiting them to only marriages, engagements and known long-term, multi-year relationships (think Candido and Sunny), thus cutting out ones based on simply "so-and-so is dating so-and-so this month."

At worst, I've seen Love relationships suggested based solely on two workers being photographed together (to be fair, I believe those were shot down pretty quickly in the suggestions thread and didn't actually make it into the game), but even not factoring that kind of thing there's always a lot of "dating" relationships that are put into the game and a month or two later have to be removed, or worse, don't get removed as details of someone's private life aren't made public right away and thus just make the game inaccurate by sticking around (for instance, James Storm still had a Love relationship with Crystal Louthan in the game until fairly recently - at least as recent as the Feb. 2013 data - despite being married to someone else outside the business for around two years IRL).

In my reading of the in-game FAQ, the game itself seems to support this:

Love is for long-term non-marital relationships or marriages.

Seems like doing this would reduce at least a fair chunk of the Relationships file and save some work on Bill's end as far as adding and removing relationships goes.

Edited by Dan B.
  • Like 4

I suggested a bunch of guys in the stats update thread that have all announced their retiredment or haven't been around in years and are very unlikely to ever come back in any significant way, but people don't want to cut them from the game.

I'm not suggesting guys that had big runs and haven't wrestled in a while, I'm talking indy wrestlers with like 10 overness that haven't stepped in a ring in years and likely never will again. If they do, I don't think anybody is going to be chomping at the bit to use Ryan Wood in their game.

I admit it was flippant, but given that we've got someone saying lose a load of Mexican and Japanese guys, and Skummy saying the opposite, and there really isn't that much of an issue with database size is it not worth keeping the low overness guys for Backyard to Global games since its not going to affect those doing higher level promotions whatsoever?

That's a very valid point, however, does there need to be 3,000 wrestlers available for one backyard to global promotion?

3000 is probably excessive, but it still needs to be a decent number even if just to allow for a bit of rostering to your own style rather than just 'the ten guys I can afford'. Not to mention you need those 20/30/40 over guys as you work up the pyramid.

I think applying logic to this cull would be more effort than its worth really, sounds worse than when I have to manually remove all the terrible mid 00s indie album tracks from my iTunes.

That's a very valid point, however, does there need to be 3,000 wrestlers available for one backyard to global promotion?

3000 is probably excessive, but it still needs to be a decent number even if just to allow for a bit of rostering to your own style rather than just 'the ten guys I can afford'. Not to mention you need those 20/30/40 over guys as you work up the pyramid.

I think applying logic to this cull would be more effort than its worth really, sounds worse than when I have to manually remove all the terrible mid 00s indie album tracks from my iTunes.

Well, for one startup logic point:

Using the "Ryan Wood" example- he's not a Non-Wrestler in the game [ so this example should be reprieved at the moment], but he's in at 10 over. 10 overness is a fair cutoff line to start with.

Using under 10 over Non-Wrestlers in-game, you get 69 wrestlers:

Anthony Franco, Axl Law, Big John O'Malley, Bino Gambino, BPA Barry, Brandon Hill, Brandon Prophet, Brian the Guppie, Brittany Summers, Caffeine Bean, Chance Romance, Cheex, Christine LeMaster, Corey Blaze, Destiny, Destiny WSU, Dino Winwood, DJ Skittlez, Dr. Hurtz, Duke Durrango, Echelon, Eric Extreme, Fire Angel, Frank Cullen, Fugo Fugo Yumeji, Fuuka, Fuyuki Takahashi, Gemini, Hiroshi Nagao, Ice Cold, Jacklyn Hyde, Jane Blond, Jay Charismo, Jenelle Sinclair, Jennifer Bancalum, Jimmy Turner, John Howarth, John Johnson, Jolly Roger, Katsuhiko Nagata, Kazunobu Nakamura, Kriss Sprules, Kristy Kiss, Lupin Matsutani, Mack Johnson, Mason Hunter, Melissa Stripes, Mike Sato, Morty Lipschitz, Naomi Susan, Raj Ghosh, Razor Rivera, Rob Dimension, Rush Margera, Ruy Batello, Shayla, Shinsuke Z Yamagasa, Smash Bradley, Sofy, Steve the Teacher, Takashi Uwano, Tara Bush, Tatsushi Yamaguchi, The Disciplinarian, Tommy Combat, Tommy Knoxville, Tyler Mane, Vince Vicallo, Wayne.

Cutting down the list to find the most necessary names there:

Eliminating the big ones, the ones currently working for a promotion in the game, you reprieve: Corey Blaze [ECWA], John Johnson [AW], Katsuhiko Nagata [New Japan] and Morty Lipschitz [CWFH].

Eliminate the people who have Announcer ticked [the most reasonable Non-Wrestlers to keep so they can be color commentators], you reprieve Brian the Guppie and Mack Johnson.

Eliminate the people who had recognizable runs for some major, recognizable promotion at some point, you reprieve: Anthony Franco/Smash Bradley [ROH], Cheex [TNA], DJ Skittlez/Jolly Roger [CHIKARA], Ice Cold/Jacklyn Hyde/Jane Blond/The Disciplinarian [WOW], Jay Charismo [iWS], and Tyler Mane [WCW]

Eliminate the person most of EWB would whine if we don't get a chance to have him clobbered in the game, we keep Kriss Sprules :pervert:

And if you say, "Well, we need commissioners/backstage interviewers for BY2G? Fair enough. Using a fair cutoff point of 60 charisma [reasonable for a good Non-Wrestling role] in, you can reprieve: Axl Law, BPA Barry, Brandon Prophet, Brittany Summers, Lupin Matsutani, Razor Rivera, Rush Margera, Sofy, Tara Bush, and Vince Vicallo.

Take those reprieves out of the way, you're still left with 41 non-wrestling under 10-over people:

Big John O'Malley, Brandon Hill, Bino Gambino, Caffeine Bean, Chance Romance, Christine LeMaster, Destiny, Destiny WSU, Dino Winwood, Dr. Hurtz, Duke Durrango, Echelon, Eric Extreme, Fire Angel, Frank Cullen, Fugo Fugo Yumeji, Fuuka, Fuyuki Takahashi, Gemini, Hiroshi Nagao, Jenelle Sinclair, Jennifer Bancalum, Jimmy Turner, John Howarth, Kazunobu Nakamura, Kristy Kiss, Mason Hunter, Melissa Stripes, Mike Sato, Naomi Susan, Raj Ghosh, Rob Dimension, Ruy Batello, Shayla, Shinsuke Z Yamagasa, Steve the Teacher, Takashi Uwano, Tatsushi Yamaguchi, Tommy Combat, Tommy Knoxville, Wayne.

Wouldn't that be a fair start?

• Like 3

For my two cents re: relationships, I'd also suggest being more stringent on Love relationships and limiting them to only marriages, engagements and known long-term, multi-year relationships (think Candido and Sunny), thus cutting out ones based on simply "so-and-so is dating so-and-so this month."

At worst, I've seen Love relationships suggested based solely on two workers being photographed together (to be fair, I believe those were shot down pretty quickly in the suggestions thread and didn't actually make it into the game), but even not factoring that kind of thing there's always a lot of "dating" relationships that are put into the game and a month or two later have to be removed, or worse, don't get removed as details of someone's private life aren't made public right away and thus just make the game inaccurate by sticking around (for instance, James Storm still had a Love relationship with Crystal Louthan in the game until fairly recently - at least as recent as the Feb. 2013 data - despite being married to someone else outside the business for around two years IRL).

In my reading of the in-game FAQ, the game itself seems to support this:

Love is for long-term non-marital relationships or marriages.

Seems like doing this would reduce at least a fair chunk of the Relationships file and save some work on Bill's end as far as adding and removing relationships goes.

I remember rumors of Undertaker and Michelle McCool because of the paparazzi pictures of them just standing together and getting lunch. It's not like they were caught kissing or something in these pictures. What do you know, it was true.

The problem is we don't know which relationship will last or not. For instance, Tammy Sytch and Chris Candido were on breaks at point (remember Shawn's "Sunny days" comment to Bret?) Some relationships are fuzzy. That's an issue. I think we should have it be at least a year (or the worker(s)) say they have dated for a year before we add the relationship going forward.

Using the "Ryan Wood" example- he's not a Non-Wrestler in the game [ so this example should be reprieved at the moment], but he's in at 10 over. 10 overness is a fair cutoff line to start with.

Anthony Franco, Axl Law, Big John O'Malley, Bino Gambino, BPA Barry, Brandon Hill, Brandon Prophet, Brian the Guppie, Brittany Summers, Caffeine Bean, Chance Romance, Cheex, Christine LeMaster, Corey Blaze, Destiny, Destiny WSU, Dino Winwood, DJ Skittlez, Dr. Hurtz, Duke Durrango, Echelon, Eric Extreme, Fire Angel, Frank Cullen, Fugo Fugo Yumeji, Fuuka, Fuyuki Takahashi, Gemini, Hiroshi Nagao, Ice Cold, Jacklyn Hyde, Jane Blond, Jay Charismo, Jenelle Sinclair, Jennifer Bancalum, Jimmy Turner, John Howarth, John Johnson, Jolly Roger, Katsuhiko Nagata, Kazunobu Nakamura, Kriss Sprules, Kristy Kiss, Lupin Matsutani, Mack Johnson, Mason Hunter, Melissa Stripes, Mike Sato, Morty Lipschitz, Naomi Susan, Raj Ghosh, Razor Rivera, Rob Dimension, Rush Margera, Ruy Batello, Shayla, Shinsuke Z Yamagasa, Smash Bradley, Sofy, Steve the Teacher, Takashi Uwano, Tara Bush, Tatsushi Yamaguchi, The Disciplinarian, Tommy Combat, Tommy Knoxville, Tyler Mane, Vince Vicallo, Wayne.

Eliminating the big ones, the ones currently working for a promotion in the game, you reprieve: Corey Blaze [ECWA], John Johnson [AW], Katsuhiko Nagata [New Japan] and Morty Lipschitz [CWFH].

Eliminate the people who have Announcer ticked [the most reasonable Non-Wrestlers to keep so they can be color commentators], you reprieve Brian the Guppie and Mack Johnson.

Eliminate the people who had recognizable runs for some major, recognizable promotion at some point, you reprieve: Anthony Franco/Smash Bradley [ROH], Cheex [TNA], DJ Skittlez/Jolly Roger [CHIKARA], Ice Cold/Jacklyn Hyde/Jane Blond/The Disciplinarian [WOW], Jay Charismo [iWS], and Tyler Mane [WCW]

Eliminate the person most of EWB would whine if we don't get a chance to have him clobbered in the game, we keep Kriss Sprules :pervert:

And if you say, "Well, we need commissioners/backstage interviewers for BY2G? Fair enough. Using a fair cutoff point of 60 charisma [reasonable for a good Non-Wrestling role] in, you can reprieve: Axl Law, BPA Barry, Brandon Prophet, Brittany Summers, Lupin Matsutani, Razor Rivera, Rush Margera, Sofy, Tara Bush, and Vince Vicallo.

Take those reprieves out of the way, you're still left with 41 non-wrestling under 10-over people:

Big John O'Malley, Brandon Hill, Bino Gambino, Caffeine Bean, Chance Romance, Christine LeMaster, Destiny, Destiny WSU, Dino Winwood, Dr. Hurtz, Duke Durrango, Echelon, Eric Extreme, Fire Angel, Frank Cullen, Fugo Fugo Yumeji, Fuuka, Fuyuki Takahashi, Gemini, Hiroshi Nagao, Jenelle Sinclair, Jennifer Bancalum, Jimmy Turner, John Howarth, Kazunobu Nakamura, Kristy Kiss, Mason Hunter, Melissa Stripes, Mike Sato, Naomi Susan, Raj Ghosh, Rob Dimension, Ruy Batello, Shayla, Shinsuke Z Yamagasa, Steve the Teacher, Takashi Uwano, Tatsushi Yamaguchi, Tommy Combat, Tommy Knoxville, Wayne.

Dino Winwood was the PWG commissioner in about 2006/7 and was the manager of Aerial Express before they broke up. Not sure what he does now.

Even if the arguement is "someone might use them" there are a TON of people they can use, why not take out the ones that we can confirm don't even wrestle anymore? I'm sure there is someone with similar stats to all of them, so they only benefit of having them would be "well I like this guys name more, so I'll use him instead".

There is absolutely no lack of workers to use for any type of game. Even if it becomes an issue because we get rid a few, more are getting added as time goes one.

That's a great start, now do the other 2931.