EWR Stats and Scenarios in Theory and Practice

Sousa

Even if, the fact is there is a priority basis for the non-wrestlers from just the under 10s to go further with for Non-Wrestlers: roles:

1- If they work for a promotion at the moment, keep them.

2- If they don't work for a promotion, but do have Announcer ticked, keep them.

3- If they don't have announcer ticked, but are known to have had a serious run with a notable promotion at some point in the past (good catch on Winwood, mkpunk), then keep them.

4- If none of those are available, then they should be put on the chopping block.

For my two cents re: relationships, I'd also suggest being more stringent on Love relationships and limiting them to only marriages, engagements and known long-term, multi-year relationships (think Candido and Sunny), thus cutting out ones based on simply "so-and-so is dating so-and-so this month."

At worst, I've seen Love relationships suggested based solely on two workers being photographed together (to be fair, I believe those were shot down pretty quickly in the suggestions thread and didn't actually make it into the game), but even not factoring that kind of thing there's always a lot of "dating" relationships that are put into the game and a month or two later have to be removed, or worse, don't get removed as details of someone's private life aren't made public right away and thus just make the game inaccurate by sticking around (for instance, James Storm still had a Love relationship with Crystal Louthan in the game until fairly recently - at least as recent as the Feb. 2013 data - despite being married to someone else outside the business for around two years IRL).

In my reading of the in-game FAQ, the game itself seems to support this:

Love is for long-term non-marital relationships or marriages.

Seems like doing this would reduce at least a fair chunk of the Relationships file and save some work on Bill's end as far as adding and removing relationships goes.

I remember rumors of Undertaker and Michelle McCool because of the paparazzi pictures of them just standing together and getting lunch. It's not like they were caught kissing or something in these pictures. What do you know, it was true.

The problem is we don't know which relationship will last or not. For instance, Tammy Sytch and Chris Candido were on breaks at point (remember Shawn's "Sunny days" comment to Bret?) Some relationships are fuzzy. That's an issue. I think we should have it be at least a year (or the worker(s)) say they have dated for a year before we add the relationship going forward

The specific incident I had in mind was when several months ago a Love relationship was suggested for Brad Maddox and Paige with the sole evidence being a single photo of them standing side-by-side and smiling. IMO, more direct evidence would be needed than just a few out-of-context, not-specifically-romantic pictures to warrant anything being added to the game - I wasn't an active poster yet when the Taker-McCool relationship was added (could've been lurking then, but don't remember it specifically), but I'd like to think it wasn't put in the game until more solid evidence than just those pictures came to light.

A period of a year or so sounds like a good rule of thumb. Of course it'll never be completely foolproof; long-term relationships or marriages can break up, people who have split can get back together, etc. But being more stringent as to what goes in in the first place can make it that much easier to manage when something does have to change.

Edited by Dan B.

I plan on starting a promotion where my authority figure is former Colombian international footballer Carlos Valderrama. I demand he be added to the game.

Also, Katsuhito Nagata doesn't work for NJPW, he's a MMA fighter employed by Dream.

And I don't think anyone is ever going to use Cheex as a non-wrestler...

I plan on starting a promotion where my authority figure is former Colombian international footballer Carlos Valderrama. I demand he be added to the game.

Also, Katsuhito Nagata doesn't work for NJPW, he's a MMA fighter employed by Dream.

And I don't think anyone is ever going to use Cheex as a non-wrestler...

Even in Hell They Wrestle?

• Like 3

Non-workers- I don't have a problem keeping them in. Shawn Michaels doesn't wrestle anymore, but still shows up on occasion. When he shows up, people want to use him in their game in some capacity. It may seem like it just takes a couple seconds to add them back in, but when you just have 4 or 5 guys a month you need to add just because they pop up a few times a year, it makes more sense just to keep them in. I do agree though that their stats do need to decrease over time though. Bill has stated many times that he has a few pages of backlog that he tries to work on each month in addition to the suggestions made by people. No need to make more pages just to add/remove people who are still alive and in the game.

Nobody is arguing against Shawn Michaels still being in the data, though. They're saying that when Giant Gonzalez is still kicking around in there, it's time to purge.

I just used him as a recent example. Somebody mentioned Edge earlier (maybe not to remove him but as an example as well). Though I do agree someone like Gonzalez should be removed (especially since he passed away in 2010). Kamala could be another example as I doubt he wouldn't be used in a multi-week storyline.

I think the first thing though is removing some of the relationships, then we can weed out some of the retired workers. I think maybe if a 5 year limit would be good. If they haven't wrestled or been used more than a couple times since say 2008, we could start removing them.

I think this same rule could apply to tag teams, I mean there are teams like Heidenreich/Rodney Mack and Al Snow/Kane who to my knowledge haven't teamed up in years and who I think very few would even use. I have a lot of time on my hands so I could take a look at the teams that could be removed and list them here.

There's currently over 4000 teams so I think this would be in order.

So I think teams that have one or more of these should be removed:

A) Haven't teamed together since 2008 (Al Snow and Kane)

B) Have very little experience and/or were randomly thrown together (Mysterio and HBK)

C) Have very little chance of ever teaming again (Bret Hart and Goldberg)

D) Superstar-Diva teams (AJ and Punk)

how does this sound?

ofc teams like Edge and Christian, New Age Outlaws etc are safe from this one.

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

I could go with that, with maybe exception to B. I think if were can eliminate A, C, and D, then we can see where we are at and go from there. Sometimes teams like Mysterio and HBK were thrown together then a couple years down the road storylines would cross and they would team up again. I'm not against keeping them in the game (which in this case since HBK is retired, this team could be deleted).

2008 though seems to be a good cutoff point initially just to cut some of the excess down that may not need to be kept in.

Non-workers- I don't have a problem keeping them in. Shawn Michaels doesn't wrestle anymore, but still shows up on occasion. When he shows up, people want to use him in their game in some capacity. It may seem like it just takes a couple seconds to add them back in, but when you just have 4 or 5 guys a month you need to add just because they pop up a few times a year, it makes more sense just to keep them in. I do agree though that their stats do need to decrease over time though. Bill has stated many times that he has a few pages of backlog that he tries to work on each month in addition to the suggestions made by people. No need to make more pages just to add/remove people who are still alive and in the game.

Nobody is arguing against Shawn Michaels still being in the data, though. They're saying that when Giant Gonzalez is still kicking around in there, it's time to purge.

I just used him as a recent example. Somebody mentioned Edge earlier (maybe not to remove him but as an example as well). Though I do agree someone like Gonzalez should be removed (especially since he passed away in 2010). Kamala could be another example as I doubt he wouldn't be used in a multi-week storyline.

I think the first thing though is removing some of the relationships, then we can weed out some of the retired workers. I think maybe if a 5 year limit would be good. If they haven't wrestled or been used more than a couple times since say 2008, we could start removing them.

I think this same rule could apply to tag teams, I mean there are teams like Heidenreich/Rodney Mack and Al Snow/Kane who to my knowledge haven't teamed up in years and who I think very few would even use. I have a lot of time on my hands so I could take a look at the teams that could be removed and list them here.

There's currently over 4000 teams so I think this would be in order.

So I think teams that have one or more of these should be removed:

A) Haven't teamed together since 2008 (Al Snow and Kane)

B) Have very little experience and/or were randomly thrown together (Mysterio and HBK)

C) Have very little chance of ever teaming again (Bret Hart and Goldberg)

D) Superstar-Diva teams (AJ and Punk)

how does this sound?

ofc teams like Edge and Christian, New Age Outlaws etc are safe from this one.

Instead of "Haven't teamed together since 2008", I would either change it or add to the list a more useful one:

E) Feature someone who's gimmick has changed dramatically enough to say it'll likely never be the same as their team (example, DZP was a regular team with Zack Ryder and Primo. Zack Ryder...and Matador Diego? Not so much.)

I could go with that, with maybe exception to B. I think if were can eliminate A, C, and D, then we can see where we are at and go from there. Sometimes teams like Mysterio and HBK were thrown together then a couple years down the road storylines would cross and they would team up again. I'm not against keeping them in the game (which in this case since HBK is retired, this team could be deleted).

2008 though seems to be a good cutoff point initially just to cut some of the excess down that may not need to be kept in.

But do we really need teams in the database that team up together once in a blue moon? I mean I'd get it if for example Sheamus and Orton were a full time tag team at some point but they weren't. They were two singles stars just randomly thrown together once or twice. That doesn't mean they're a team.

Instead of "Haven't teamed together since 2008", I would either change it or add to the list a more useful one:

E) Feature someone who's gimmick has changed dramatically enough to say it'll likely never be the same as their team (example, DZP was a regular team with Zack Ryder and Primo. Zack Ryder...and Matador Diego? Not so much.)

This is a good one. I mean we'll probably never see Bart Sawyer team up with Flex Kavana again...or Perry Saturn team up with Terra Ryzing...or Lawler team up with Isaac Yankem.

Edited by Mr.Perfekt
  • Like 1

How about a new rule of thumb... if they didn't have an official team name, POOF.

Yeah, something like this. It doesn't necessarily need a hard and fast rule - I think it's pretty easy to look at which tag teams serve a valid purpose in the game, and which were two guys thrown together for a handful of matches and were never "officially" a tag team.

Time limits make sense too, though - if you look at a team like Al Snow & Kane, when did they actually team up? It was before even were in the WWE, right? So if you were to team them up now...do you really think that the "experience" they had from last time round would have any bearing on them now? They may as well be starting afresh, and the game should reflect that as much as possible.

• Like 2

Here is a list of some of the teams that we should take a look at.

- 1-2-3 Kid and Sparkplugg
- 1-2-3 Roll On
- 2 Insane
- AC Express
- Air Devils
- AJ and CM Punk
- AJ Lee and Primo
- Aksana and Goldust
- Akuma's Army
- Alicia Fox and Maxine
- Allen and Nemeth
- American Family I and II
- American Force
- Angel and Logan
- Apoc and Alexander
- Apoc and Lilas
- Apocalypse and H.Smith
- Apocalypse and Swift
- Aries and Danielson
- Armstrong and Smothers
- Austin and Dude Love
- Austin and Price
- Austin and Undertaker
- Austin and Zbyszko
- Barreta and Tatsu
- Batista and Mysterio
- Beef and Generico
- Bernard and Nakamura
- Beth and Rosa
- Big Daddy V and M.Henry
- Big Show and Mark Henry
- Big Show and Spike
- Blackman and Friedman
- Boogeyman and Kane
- Bourne and Henry
- Bourne and Mysterio
- Bradshaw and TAKA
- Brodus Clay and Santino
- Brookside and Cannonball
- Brookside and Williams
- Burchill and Regal
- Cabana and Spears
- Cactus Jack and Bradley
- Cactus Jack and Dreamer
- Cactus Jack and Payne
- Cactus Jack and Smothers
- Cactus Jack and Sullivan
- Cage and Rhino
- Callihan and Strong
- Cantino
- Carlito and Flair
- Carlito and Trish
- Cena and B2
- Cena and HBK
- Cena and Otunga
- Cena and Redd Dogg
- Christian and H. Slater
- Christian and Matt Hardy
- CJ Parker and Marlow
- CM Punk and Darren Young
- CM Punk and Kingston
- Colossal Connection
- Commonwealth Connection
- Costantino and Prototype
- Curtis and Paul
- Cutler and Ryback
- Dallas and McGillicutty
- Daniel Bryan and Sin Cara
- Daniel Bryan and the Miz
- Danielson and Strong
- David Otunga and R-Truth
- Davina and Shazza
- Davina Rose and Mia Yim
- Deacon and G-Rilla
- D-Generation Mex I and II
- DiBiase and Hennig
- Dungeon Of Doom
- Dynamic Dudes
- DZP
- Elgin and Callihan
- Evan Bourne and Primo
- Eve and R-Truth
- FCW All-Stars
- Finlay and Bradshaw
- Finlay and McDonald
- Foley and Meanie
- Fortunate Sons
- Gabriel and Hardy
- General Management of DSW
- Giant Effecticos
- Gold Bond Mafia III, IV, VII
- Goldberg and Bret Hart
- Goldust and Hornswoggle
- Goldust and Yoshi Tatsu
- Hardcore Soldiers
- Hate Breed
- Hawkins and Andrews
- Hawkins and Slater
- HBK and Austin
- Heartland Foundation
- Henry and Hornswoggle
- Henry and Rodney Mack
- Henry and The Godfather
- Henry and Yoshi Tatsu
- HHH and Chyna
- High Dosage
- High Flyers
- Holly and Gunn
- Hollywood Incorporated
- Hosaka and Miss April
- Idol and Boris
- Jackson and Khali
- Jackson and Kozlov
- Jackson and Regal
- JBL and Grizzly
- Jericho and Barrett
- Jericho and Chyna
- Jericho and Dandy
- Jericho and Freeze
- Jericho and Gedo
- Jersey Shore Crew
- Jeter and Stevens
- Jinder Mahal and Khali
- John Cena and the Miz
- Kaitlyn and Dolph Ziggler
- Kaval and McGillicutty
- Kelly Kelly and Naomi
- Kendrick and Moxley
- Kerwin and Nemeth
- Khali and Matt Hardy
- Kingston and McGillicutty
- Kozlov and Regal
- Langston and Raines
- Langston and Rogers
- Lawler and Yankem
- Leakee and Dalton
- Leakee and Camacho
- Lovitz and Neidhart
- Maddox and Pierce
- Maddox and Victor
- Magnum Modeling Agency
- Mahal and Novak
- Maria and Ziggler
- Mark Henry and MVP
- Marlow and Uso
- Mason Ryan and CM Punk
- Michaels and Mysterio
- Miller and Gabriel
- MillionDollar Corporation
- Minnesota Stretching Crew
- Movers and Shakers
- Mr. Ass and Chyna
- Necessary Roughness
- Nemeth and Big Rob
- Nemeth and Lewington
- Nemeth and Spears
- NWO Hollywood I and II
- O'Haire and A-Train
- One Night Stand II
- O'Neil and Sandow
- Operation: Shamrock
- O'Reilly and Reeves
- Orlov and Rusev
- Orton and Cactus Jack
- Owens and Woods
- Pure Juice
- Randy Orton and Sheamus
- Rated RKO
- Regal and Enos
- Regal and Eugene
- Regal and Levesque
- Regal and Tajiri
- Rhodes and Bagwell
- Rhodes and Dirty Dick
- Rhodes and Manu
- Rhodes and Snuka
- Rico and Orton
- Rock and Y2J
- Rock N Rap
- Rollins and Steamboat
- Rotundo and Adams
- Rotundo and Logan
- Rowan and Bronson
- Royal Studs
- Royal Violence
- RVD and Hardcore
- Ryback and Sheamus
- Ryzing and Saturn
- S. Sheffield and W. Regal
- Santino and Tamina
- Sawyer and Kavana
- Secret Service
- Seth Skyfire and CM Punk
- Show-Gunns
- Sikh and Destroy
- Slocum and Kidd
- Smith and RVD
- Spirit Squad III & V
- Stevens and U-Gene
- Sting and The Giant
- Styles and Sydal
- Taker and Jones
- Teacher's Pets
- The Ascension III
- The British Militia
- The Miz and Cappotelli
- The New Dawn
- The Russians OVW
- The Skyscrapers
- Trish and Lita
- Typhoon and Lawler
- Undertaker and Rock
- Vader and Mankind

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

Looking though that list the only team I'd argue that should stay would be Regal and Taylor, they teamed together on and off for over 10, the only reason they stopped was Taylor got fired, they are also a team that if you had both on the same roster they would probably team together.

And that is another area that could be considered, if the two members were on the same roster would it be conceviable that they could team again.

Is "Curtis and Paul" Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman? If so, I have some words about that.

No, it's Johnny Curtis (Fandango) and Robert Anthony.

Looking though that list the only team I'd argue that should stay would be Regal and Taylor, they teamed together on and off for over 10, the only reason they stopped was Taylor got fired, they are also a team that if you had both on the same roster they would probably team together.

And that is another area that could be considered, if the two members were on the same roster would it be conceviable that they could team again.

Yea I kinda hesitated to whether or not to put it in there but I did. That makes sense so I'll take it away.

Yeah, stuff like John Cena & Shawn Michaels, or Undertaker & The Rock, who teamed a handful of times to further a feud should not be in there.

Do you mean that shouldn't be in the data or in the list?

Edited by Mr.Perfekt