EWR Stats and Scenarios in Theory and Practice

Sousa

If the data is as of November 2013, I don't get why people are so hesitant to delete people that haven't wrestled in years. An indy wrestlers that hasn't be active in many years is super unlikely to return, if they do return, it's even less likely that they would do anything of note to worth being reentered into the data.

Further more, the argument that some people might like to use them is kind of weak since there are literally thousands of options. Complaining that you cannot use The Hardcore Ninjaz in a 2013 mod is silly since they haven't been active wrestlers in years and they are probably going off of the name/stats alone. There is guarantee to be someone with similar stats and changing a name isn't hard.

By this logic Brian XL should have been deleted before returning to the ring in 2011. He was inactive from about 2003 until 2011.

I do agree, a good number of the IWS guys have pretty much retired after that promotion ended (if the person wasn't gone already.)

By this logic Brian XL should have been deleted before returning to the ring in 2011. He was inactive from about 2003 until 2011.

...then I'd say it would've been perfectly sensible to delete him and then put him back in the data eight years later.

• Like 6

...then I'd say it would've been perfectly sensible to delete him and then put him back in the data eight years later.

And we would need to find their stats again and/or come up with new stats. It saves time and effort just keeping them in as non-workers until they return.

And we would need to find their stats again and/or come up with new stats. It saves time and effort just keeping them in as non-workers until they return.

But then again if someone hasent worked fo X amount of years their stats for their return would not be that when they last wrestled, its just assumed they would be the same.

Its a shame there is no import/export feature in EWR that would be useful in situations like this.

The whole point is subtraction, determining whether or not someone should still be in the data. There is no possible argument that can be used to justify keeping a wrestler who has been inactive for eight years, on the off-chance they might return to the ring.

...Someone tell me Terry Funk is not in the data. :shifty:

It saves effort, yes, but time is debatable, as the example you brought up in Brian XL is the exception rather than the rule.

The time thing I really disagree with, the time taken for the game to process data is reduced by removing workers, etc... from the data, can you think of anybody else like Brian XL who has left the business for more than 5 years and returned?

Here's a suggestion for everyone, just like everyone suggested when I made all those suggestions in the past 2 update threads: make your own data, the way you want. Add who you want, delete who you want. Go nuts. Change stats. Do whatever.

You have seen other mods state that this kind of reply is not wanted in the thread, what makes you think that you are beyond reproach? You have been recently warned and had a short break for this kind of behavior including not taking on board what you are told by Mods. Do not think that any of us as a group would not warn you again, this is a final warning to you and anyone else that this kind of response in this thread WILL get a warning.

• Like 4

Here's a suggestion for everyone, just like everyone suggested when I made all those suggestions in the past 2 update threads: make your own data, the way you want. Add who you want, delete who you want. Go nuts. Change stats. Do whatever.

Suggestion.... Rather than telling Bill that he's wrong and he has a problem... maybe you guys should make your own data... release it monthly and deal with all the suggestions everyone else gives.

Or, alternatively (and I'm just floating this by you), Bill can take this as constructive criticism and do with it what he wishes, and you can stop being an absolute dolt.

• Like 3

It saves effort, yes, but time is debatable, as the example you brought up in Brian XL is the exception rather than the rule.

The time thing I really disagree with, the time taken for the game to process data is reduced by removing workers, etc... from the data, can you think of anybody else like Brian XL who has left the business for more than 5 years and returned?

BJ Whitmer retired for two or three years before returning (prior to his recent career ending injury.)

Terry Funk (pretty sure he is still in the data) has retired and unretired so many times though he hasn't been quite as active as he was even in the beginning of the 2000's.

Brother YASSHI retired in 2009/10 before returning earlier this year.

Cory Kastle (due to cancer.)

Terry Funk should still be in the data, as should anybody who's achieved a Hall of Fame level of success who could conceivably come back, even if its unlikely.

But the rest of these names, if they've been inactive for years should be removed. Those guys who mkpunk keeps mentioning as opposed to the dozens/hundreds of guys in the data who haven't wrestled in years and probably won't can be removed, and the 3 that do return can be readded. That makes the most sense to me.

• Like 2

It's just my opinion but I still think we should cut out the inflated relationships and tag teams who haven't teamed in many years before removing workers. Then we can see how smooth the game runs and how long it takes. I think that would help a lot. I have no problem with the long loading time, but I do understand those that do.

Now I have a question, we are discussing the theories and such in here, but has anyone made suggestions in the suggestion thread yet about these theories? I'm just asking because if we don't start doing it, aren't we just running around in circles?

• Like 1

The relationships definitely need to be cut down. That's been an issue for a long time and I'd be willing to bet cleaning it up would make the game load much faster.

Relationship Name 1 Name 2

Loyalty Al Snow Maven

Loyalty Al Snow Nidia

Loyalty Al Snow John Morrison

Loyalty Al Snow John Morrison

Friendship Edge Joe E. Legend

Friendship Christian Joe E. Legend

Friendship Rhino Joe E. Legend

Friendship Amy Dumas Joey Mercury

Friendship Amy Dumas Christian York

Loyalty Jimmy Snuka The Rock

Friendship Triple H Justin Credible

Friendship Shawn Michaels Justin Credible

Loyalty Matt Hyson Paul Heyman

Dislike Roddy Piper Hulk Hogan

Friendship Brock Lesnar Shelton Benjamin

Friendship Shawn Stasiak Chuck Palumbo

Friendship Shawn Stasiak Sean O'Haire

Friendship Shawn Stasiak Mike Sanders

Friendship Shawn Stasiak Marco Corleone

Friendship Chuck Palumbo Sean O'Haire

Friendship Chuck Palumbo Mike Sanders

Friendship Chuck Palumbo Marco Corleone

Friendship Sean O'Haire Mike Sanders

Friendship Sean O'Haire Marco Corleone

Friendship Mike Sanders Marco Corleone

Friendship Shawn Michaels Brian Kendrick

I was using the September data and went through the first 200 relationships. I didn't mention most of The Samoans relationships because I didn't know where to start. However I posted on here just to get an opinion on if any of these should stay. At one point I will start posting them in the actual suggestion thread, but I kind of wanted a general guideline from some people before I posted all of them in there. With the exception of Hogan-Piper (which I don't know the story on), I figured most of these could be deleted on the basis most of these are 10 years or so old and I don't think they would still be the case today. Just because people talk to each other doesn't make them real good friends *i.e. they wouldn't lose sleep if they weren't working in the same fed or lose morale.

The only exception besides Hogan-Piper, could be Hyson and Heyman could be amended to friendship, but I still don't think it needs to be included.

So I guess my other reason for posting is how close of a friendship do people need to have in real life to be considered a friendship in the game? Name dropping in interviews to me seem to be a stretch, but seeing pictures popping up all the time of friends I can understand. Also, should loyalty still be between trainers and students? I say no, just because trainers help a lot of people so they could be linked to TONS of people in game where in real life they may not have contact with them once the students graduate.

Edited by jupiterhill

Why is Mike Sanders even still in the data? Guy retired in 2005 and hasn't been seen anywhere near wrestling since. Deleting someone like him would remove all his superfluous relationships too.

• Like 3

Why is Mike Sanders even still in the data? Guy retired in 2005 and hasn't been seen anywhere near wrestling since. Deleting someone like him would remove all his superfluous relationships too.

I use him in my TED TURNER BUYS ECW LOL AFTER TNA GOES UNDER game :\ .

Terry Funk should still be in the data, as should anybody who's achieved a Hall of Fame level of success who could conceivably come back, even if its unlikely.

But the rest of these names, if they've been inactive for years should be removed. Those guys who mkpunk keeps mentioning as opposed to the dozens/hundreds of guys in the data who haven't wrestled in years and probably won't can be removed, and the 3 that do return can be readded. That makes the most sense to me.

The issue is somebody may have written off say Cory Kastle because he was last heard of I think in 2005.

Don't get me wrong, the game is bloated with some questionable entries. Think of Mini Machine, El Migdeto and that Mr. Scream as well as the Nitro Girls and models who never even were used in angels that are kept in because they are "hot."