EWR Stats and Scenarios in Theory and Practice

Sousa

Colly, here's a thought, if your post isn't going to add anything to this thread, just don't click on that button marked "post" okay?

Colly

Remember this? I sure do!

It still stands.

It was a valid question! Someone answered it!

• Like 2

Just because someone answers it, doesn't mean its valid.

Is it also worthwhile looking at the age of some workers?

I think if you have a lot of low level overness people who are inactive or almost inactive, would they not be retiring very soon after the start of a game, and if so should these workers also not be considered for removal?

I think the nature of the games original database means that most of the low overness lot will be quite far off retirement age doesn't it? Famous old boys like Hogan and Flair, but not loads of 50 something indie types?

Even bearing that in mind though that would have to mean 40 somethings then, and barring haggard looking Beverly Brothers I can't remember many Scott Snot overness types nearing retirement which I assume is the type you're suggesting removing. Don't touch the Bushwhackers!

• Like 1

If anybody wants to help clean out the inactive tag teams from TNA and ROH, it would be much appreciated as my knowledge of them both is pretty limited.

1. Simply start the game as TNA or ROH

2. Go to tag teams

3. uncheck whole teams only & active teams only.

4. ???

5. Profit

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

If anybody wants to help clean out the inactive tag teams from TNA and ROH, it would be much appreciated as my knowledge of them both is pretty limited.

1. Simply start the game as TNA or ROH

2. Go to tag teams

3. uncheck whole teams only & active teams only.

4. ???

5. Profit

The TNA part of it, separated by the five guidelines for tag teams said in the thread:

A) Haven't teamed together since 2008 (Al Snow and Kane)
2 Insane
Air Raid
Amazing Phenomenon
Brothers in Paint
Chavo and Gregory Helms
Daniels and Modest
Hotstuff and Fast Eddie
Kash and Abyss
Kaz and Super Eric
Los Conquistadors
Misfits in Action
Molly and Gail
NanaCorp
PJB
PJB II
The New Dream Team
The Prophecy 1-2

B) Have very little experience and/or were randomly thrown together (Mysterio and HBK):
Abyss and AJ Styles
AJ Styles and D-Lo Brown
Anderson and Hardy
Angle and AJ Styles
Angle and Nash
Best Team Ever
Chavo and Bulldog
Cottonwood and Brisco
Daniels and Anthony
Daniels and Reign
Gun Money
Gunner and Hernandez
Haas and Knox
Hardcore Pigeons
Main Event Mafia 2
Perez and Abyss
RDX
Sting and Muta
Storm and Daniels
Styles and London
Suicide and Amazing Red
Treachery

C) Have very little chance of ever teaming again (Bret Hart and Goldberg)
Abyss and Alex Shelley
Abyss and S.J. Keenan
Angle and Reigns
Aries and Danielson
Big Unit
Brisco and Steamboat
Brisco and Woods
Dixon-Sexon Connection
Dustin Rhodes and Sting
Esquire
Generation Next 3-4
Hogan and Edge
Kelly Kelly and Tiffany
London Brawling
nWo Hollywood 2
Shelley and Aries
Spike and Tazz
Sting and Steiner
Sting and The Giant
Styles and Lynn
Sullivan and Taz
Super Curry MAX, III, V, VII
Team Chismo
The JOB Squad II/V
The Band III
The Tazmaniacs

D) Superstar-Diva teams (AJ and Punk)
Angle and Chyna
Banks and Roode
Charles Evans and ODB
Jessie Godderz and Tara
Robert Roode Inc.
Storm and Moore
Williams and Kim

E) Feature someone who's gimmick has changed dramatically enough to say it'll likely never be the same as their team :
Bomberry and Perkins
Champagne and Roode
Curry Man and Dragon
Eckos and Berk
Famous for Fearless
Jarrett's Security
Kerwin and Nemeth
Madison Girlz
Nemeth and Big Rob
New Rockers
Rob Eckos and Biggs
Roode and Hughes
Sabin and Martini
Sabin and Storm
Samoa Joe and Sakoda
Team Elite
Tense Alliance
The Moxie Family
The Sensationals
The Urban Outlawz
The Valedictorians
Truitt and Shatter
Un-touchables I/III

And ROH's half:

A) Haven't teamed together since 2008 (Al Snow and Kane)
Cage and Rhino
Joe E. Legend and Rhino
Latin American Exchange I-II
Rhyno and Tajiri
The Network
The New Impact Players

B) Have very little experience and/or were randomly thrown together (Mysterio and HBK):
Age of the Fall II
Age of the Fall III
Angel Blue and Veda Scott
Appetite for Destruction
Chavis and Homicide
Christian and Matt Hardy
Cicero and Corino
Craft and Yim
D-Generation Mex I-II
Homicide and Okada

C) Have very little chance of ever teaming again (Bret Hart and Goldberg)
BJ Whitmer and Titus
Callihan and Strong
Collyer and McGuinness
Danielson and Strong
Davina Rose and Mia Yim
Delirious and Primeau
Elgin and Callihan
Gabriel and Hardy
Hardy and Harris
Jiglirious
Khali and Matt Hardy
Matt Hardy and Abs
Matt Hardy and MVP
Orlov and Rusev
PAC and Roderick Strong
Pearce and Whitmer
Rhino and PCO
Scream Queens
Stevens and Strong
Whitmer and Jacobs
Whitmer and Maff

D) Superstar-Diva teams (AJ and Punk)
Koslov and Von Eerie
KrotchChif
Perevans

E) Feature someone who's gimmick has changed dramatically enough to say it'll likely never be the same as their team :
Ambrose and McGuinness
Cabana and McGuinness
Cole and Veritas
Coleman and Silvia
Corino and Evans
Corino and Windsor
Dark Horses
Double Threat
Fun Lovin' Criminals II
Homicide and Bubba
Int. Properties II
Jacobs and Atlas
Jacobs and Gowen
Jacobs and Shelley
Jay and Insane Dragon
Manhattan Project
Maria and Ziggler
Marseglia and Neidhart
Metro Men
Mini Park and Azteko
Montoya and Homicide
Natural Born Sinners
Old School Blondes
Pretty Unreal
Rapada and Corino
Roughnecks II-III
Special K III-IV
Starr and Jacobs
Steen and Franky
Team IWS
Tenacious Z and Martini
The Lethal Weapon
The Michigan Invasion
The Revolutionaries
The Strong Brothers
Wild Cards

Edited by Reflecto Is My Favorite Poster
  • Like 3

Here's something else to consider about tag teams that might prevent "ADD A TAG TEAM OF JERN CENER AN RAY MYSTERY, THEY TEAMED ON THE RAW" from continuing to be normal.

Let's say that, in your given EWR game, you decide to have a tag team match on your show. For simplicity's sake, let's assume you're doing a current WWE game, and you're running top feuds between Daniel Bryan & Randy Orton and another between Big Show & Alberto Del Rio. You decide to end a TV episode of Raw with a tag team match that encompasses both feuds, with Bryan and Show against Orton and Del Rio (so fairly typical Raw booking).

Unless I'm mistaken, in EWR, neither team will gain tag team experience unless they are actually made into a team. Most players, of course, would not make these into teams; after all, the match was made to put together a typical face/heel tag team main event for Raw, and there's obviously no intent to have Bryan and Show form a permanent tag team.

Let's reverse the scenario and imagine this match happened on Raw, and let's even say a rematch happened on Smackdown (and, hell, let's even say they ran it on some house shows). The intent is still obviously to use a tag team match to build two singles feuds, not to form a permanent tag team. But in all likelihood, someone would drop in a stats thread and say we should make Bryan and Show a tag team with "2-3 experience."

My question is this: what's the value of this?

Because we now have a whole fuck-ton of first-run wrestling television on all week long (Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, Main Event, and god I'm sure there's more)--along with house shows--it stands to reason that a lot of small tag teams are going to be put together for no reason but to fill a card. By what criteria do these get added?

The result of making a team in EWR and putting them together in a tag team match is usually that they gain a point or two of team experience; therefore, you can have the same result if you put Show and Bryan together in a tag team, then have them fight in a tag team twice.

Is it really worth adding to an already hilariously bloated list of tag teams to add new teams all the time?

• Like 1

What does tag team experience actually do, raise the match quality if its higher? Genuinely don't have a clue, but I can't remember ever massively suffering results wise after making those makeshift tag matches with no experience on either side.

This leads to a better question as well for cutting down tag teams:

What should be the line to constitute a new tag team being added to the game?

Random "MAKE BRYAN DANIELSON [NOT! Daniel Bryan!] AND THE GIANT [NOT! The Big Show!] A TAG TEAM, THEY TEAMED ON THE RAW" teams going in for no good reason is bloating up the tag team ranks- but on the flipside, what's a good baseline to say "okay, THIS TEAM" deserves to be in the game?

We know being a tag team on an episode of Raw shouldn't immediately make two people a team. But the same problem of booking realistically to the WWE leads to an equal problem finding the line. The most natural line is things like "Well, if the two teams were the tag team champions at one point, they should be in"- since WWE will regularly throw together heavyweights for a tag title win or use the "These two guys hate each other/are fighting at the next pay-per-view...BUT THEY'RE ALSO THE TAG CHAMPS TOGETHER! How can they co-exist?" angle, then you have problems like "MAKE THE PROTOTYPE [NOT! John Cena!] AND MIKE FROM THE REAL WORLD [NOT! The Miz!] A TAG TEAM, THEY WON THE TAG TITLES IN WHAT'S BEEN ACCEPTED AS A BOTCHED PINFALL KICKOUT AND HAD THE MATCH REWORKED TO LOSE A FEW MINUTES LATER!"

With these in mind, to help cut the tag teams down, we should also decide what the line is for us to consider a tag team a TAG TEAM, then go from there. I know there's a few teams mentioned for the WWE list- and even teams I put on the list for TNA and ROH- that I would personally recognize as a valid tag team, but followed one of the rules said- so it's necessary to define it and then start cutting the list down.

• Like 1

Sting and Luger teamed together a lot, though. It wasn't a "let's tag Cena and Mysterio together for no raisin" situation at all.

I think a better issue is the longevity of the team than anything, though. Right now, for example, Cody Rhodes and Goldust are clearly a tag team and clearly need to be entered as a team into the data if they're not--they've paired together for about a month now and are treated as a unit on programming. That makes much more sense than Cena and Miz being entered as a team because they teamed together for one night, won the tag titles on a goof, and then lost them immediately because REMATCH CLAUSE~!

• Like 1

Random "MAKE BRYAN DANIELSON [NOT! Daniel Bryan!] AND THE GIANT [NOT! The Big Show!] A TAG TEAM, THEY TEAMED ON THE RAW" teams going in for no good reason is bloating up the tag team ranks- but on the flipside, what's a good baseline to say "okay, THIS TEAM" deserves to be in the game?

We know being a tag team on an episode of Raw shouldn't immediately make two people a team. But the same problem of booking realistically to the WWE leads to an equal problem finding the line. The most natural line is things like "Well, if the two teams were the tag team champions at one point, they should be in"- since WWE will regularly throw together heavyweights for a tag title win or use the "These two guys hate each other/are fighting at the next pay-per-view...BUT THEY'RE ALSO THE TAG CHAMPS TOGETHER! How can they co-exist?" angle, then you have problems like "MAKE THE PROTOTYPE [NOT! John Cena!] AND MIKE FROM THE REAL WORLD [NOT! The Miz!] A TAG TEAM, THEY WON THE TAG TITLES IN WHAT'S BEEN ACCEPTED AS A BOTCHED PINFALL KICKOUT AND HAD THE MATCH REWORKED TO LOSE A FEW MINUTES LATER!"

With these in mind, to help cut the tag teams down, we should also decide what the line is for us to consider a tag team a TAG TEAM, then go from there. I know there's a few teams mentioned for the WWE list- and even teams I put on the list for TNA and ROH- that I would personally recognize as a valid tag team, but followed one of the rules said- so it's necessary to define it and then start cutting the list down.

I think we're above reductio ad absurdum here. Not everyone suggesting these teams are elitist smart marks who only refer to wrestlers by their indy names and type in all caps. I think you can give a little more respect than that and not build these strawman arguments.

Anyway, I don't see a problem with putting a team in if they win the tag team titles, even if it's a short reign or to further a feud. They still won the tag team titles and will be recognized as a team, unlike say, a random pairing used JUST to further a feud without any titles attached or official recognition as a team.

As for your second example, look at a team such as HBK and Austin or Austin and Dude Love. These teams were put in the game in most older scenarios, and I can't see a reason why they shouldn't be. They had tag team title reigns, and even if it was part of a larger storyline, they are at least recognized as a team in history because of holding the tag gold.

• Like 1

I think we're above reductio ad absurdum here. Not everyone suggesting these teams are elitist smart marks who only refer to wrestlers by their indy names and type in all caps. I think you can give a little more respect than that and not build these strawman arguments.

Anyway, I don't see a problem with putting a team in if they win the tag team titles, even if it's a short reign or to further a feud. They still won the tag team titles and will be recognized as a team, unlike say, a random pairing used JUST to further a feud without any titles attached or official recognition as a team.

As for your second example, look at a team such as HBK and Austin or Austin and Dude Love. These teams were put in the game in most older scenarios, and I can't see a reason why they shouldn't be. They had tag team title reigns, and even if it was part of a larger storyline, they are at least recognized as a team in history because of holding the tag gold.

To straw-man that, one could say that Kane and Mankind and Austin and Taker should be tag teams even though they were mainly paired together for the storyline to build to SummerSlam 98. I think Kane and Mankind maybe teamed four/five times during that period and never again after that.

Imo, the rule of thumb for tag teams should be at least two months of regular teaming. Yes, this would lead to Rock and Sock being on the block but unlike HBK and Austin, Austin and The Dudester, Kane and Mankind, and Taker and Austin, that team had a last impact. Not too different from say Rated RKO. I mean seriously the Primo and Hawkins and Haas and Knox teams never really team on TV but were in the game (if anything it was on Superstars) and they lasted only a few weeks tops due to firings or regimmicks.

I think a good way to solve new tag teams is to simply not add any team under 10 experience. If we cannot say they have, or will have 10 tag matches together, there is no point in adding them to the data.

Say for example, Santino and Khali. They have teamed together on recent Raws and even a PPV, but I don't feel they need to be added, if they team semi regularly for the next month, then okay, maybe they should be added.

It would eliminate adding teams that were together once or twice and then never again. I don't think someone not having a team with 1 experience going into the game is going to be a game changer, and they could always just create it themselves if it is that important, but in the long run, it would prevent having a huge number of tag teams with no experience and make it much easier to go through the tag team section in game.

• Like 1

Sting and Luger teamed together a lot, though. It wasn't a "let's tag Cena and Mysterio together for no raisin" situation at all.

I think a better issue is the longevity of the team than anything, though. Right now, for example, Cody Rhodes and Goldust are clearly a tag team and clearly need to be entered as a team into the data if they're not--they've paired together for about a month now and are treated as a unit on programming. That makes much more sense than Cena and Miz being entered as a team because they teamed together for one night, won the tag titles on a goof, and then lost them immediately because REMATCH CLAUSE~!

For this to work and to tie in to most of the thoughts for teams, the better way to do it: Have 'singles' added one month in advance to updates, but tag teams can't be added until the NEXT month's update (so, for example: If I say "Add John Doe, (STATS) to the November update, Doe would be added for the December stat update- but if I say "Add John Doe and Richard Roe, [EXP]", they'd be going for an add in the January stat update instead.) It's a slightly smaller change, but it:

Holds off work for Bill, so he can focus on just immediate moves [titles, new singles guys, etc.], but it also holds off on tag teams. After one month, you don't know who's a TAG TEAM and who's two guys who just happened to tag up together- but after two months, you'll start to have a good idea who the REAL tag teams are on the list. As for experience, it also helps, because if the team's been teaming regularly enough for two months to have around 10 experience, then by that time they'll probably be worthy enough to put in the game.