The PS4 thread

9 to 5

A friend of mine has convinced me to buy Overwatch but I'm still wary that he is the only one I know who plays it. Plus, it is still quite expensive so I'll probably wait anyway.

I was worried that it is just a shooter, but my friend was explaining that it is more about teamwork and it is possible to be the highest scoring player in a game without actually killing anybody. That made it sound a lot better to me. The games are more along the lines of King of the Hill/Capture the Flag sort of deals as well, so not just most kills wins. 

After Rockstar made an awesome game like Red Dead Redemption based on the western times. I think they should try their hand at a game based on Game Of Thrones but with an original story. Monolith could also probably do a decent job at one of these after they did Shadows of Mordor.

Which of these games should I get or not and why, faithful posters:

7 days to die, The Division, Star Wars Battlefront, Dying Light, Rainbow Six Siege, Tomb Raider, WWE 2k16, Dead Island or Alien Isolation.

Or should I just stick my vouchers on some game yet to come out. <_<

Tomb Raider as in the reboot one? I liked it, but it's very much similar to Uncharted in gameplay (and vica versa, obviously), so maybe not for you.

Avoid Dead Island, that game was a massive let down, and its weapon fixing mechanics are game breakingly shit.

Leave WWE 2K16 and get 2K17 like I probably will!

Division was kind of shit, and apparently is also now broken, so avoid that.

@ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster will be able to answer if Alien Isolation is worth it.

The rest I don't know about.

• Like 1

I only have Alien Isolation on PS3 but it's LUSH. Pretty much the only game that actually makes me feel scared and not just a bit jumpy. Looks great, brilliant gameplay, pacing, plot, sense of aloneness, very faithful to Alien which is my favourite of the film series anyway.