The PS4 thread

9 to 5

So I downloaded Until Dawn since it was free this month, and if they're going to make a game that involves me trying to save a bunch of people then they should probably make those people even the least bit likable. Jessica has already been killed and if it weren't for the fact that the object is to save everyone, I wouldn't have really gave a crap. 

But I do. So why the hell did Jessica have to go and get herself fucking killed?! :( 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I think the whole point was to make most of them obnoxious. Having them die in hilariously brutal ways is part of the game's appeal.

Bingo.

Thing is, as the game progresses you also see the human side of them. They're teenagers, they're obnoxious and overconfident in their beliefs, assholes to one another, and are all just wanting love in truth.

• Like 2

It was half and half for me, I did the first playthrough with my girlfriend and I think we both changed our minds on every character at least ones (although it was always her turn at the critical moments where someone could die, so shockingly, everyone died :shifty:)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LiBenji Belle said:

Bingo.

Thing is, as the game progresses you also see the human side of them. They're teenagers, they're obnoxious and overconfident in their beliefs, assholes to one another, and are all just wanting love in truth.

You get glimpses of it but then in the same moment they usually make you go from "Awwww to fuck that bitch",,,especially Mike so far. Even when I chose to be comforting to Jessica, he still sinks to "....oh plus you're fucking hot so what do you care?"

5 minutes ago, E C Fork! said:

You get glimpses of it but then in the same moment they usually make you go from "Awwww to fuck that bitch",,,especially Mike so far. Even when I chose to be comforting to Jessica, he still sinks to "....oh plus you're fucking hot so what do you care?"

You've met a teenage boy before, yeah? :P

Just now, LiBenji Belle said:

You've met a teenage boy before, yeah? :P

Oh yes. During one of the conversations, my step daughter turned to me and was like "Do teen boys really talk like that?"...and I was like "Sadly, they do".....especially when they referred to "The Bone Zone"....I couldn't believe that I'd actually heard something that cheesy in real life before. :P 

• Like 1

How you play the game affects how the characters act. My wife and I purposely chose which characters to make be dicks and which ones to make reasonable, and if we switch it up every time, it feels different to the previous play throughs. The first time we played it, we wanted everyone to die at one point or another, but like everyone is saying, that's the horror genre and teenagers in horror specifically.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while but I should edit the first post for people who want to share their gamer tag.

I am online alot these days and always happy to play stuff and my party is always open to anyone playing the same games or not. That policy has made me make some great friends since getting a PS4 and I might be lucky again in the future. Even if you all will end up hating me now. >_>