Euro 2016 qualifiers

Lineker

Gutted to lost the equaliser but to be honest I'd have bitten your hand off for this result a while back. Really really pleasing to see how far we've come so it's hard to be too disappointed.

The Serbia/Albania incident is mental. Flares were thrown onto the pitch so it got delayed then a drone carrying an Albanian flag entered the stadium and sparked a brawl between the players.

• Admin

The Serbia/Albania incident is mental. Flares were thrown onto the pitch so it got delayed then a drone carrying an Albanian flag entered the stadium and sparked a brawl between the players.

Some of the stills up on the Daily Mail website look mad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Serbia have been awarded a 3-0 walkover against Albania for last week's Euro 2016 qualifier, abandoned following a brawl between the players after a flag stunt, but also had three points deducted, the Serbian FA said on Friday. Serbia have also been ordered to play their next two home games in Group I behind closed doors, while both Serbia and Albania have been fined 100,000 euros the Serbian FA said. European soccer's governing body Uefa, which imposed the sanctions, was not immediately available for comment.
  • Like 1

Serbia have been awarded a 3-0 walkover against Albania for last week's Euro 2016 qualifier, abandoned following a brawl between the players after a flag stunt, but also had three points deducted, the Serbian FA said on Friday. Serbia have also been ordered to play their next two home games in Group I behind closed doors, while both Serbia and Albania have been fined 100,000 euros the Serbian FA said. European soccer's governing body Uefa, which imposed the sanctions, was not immediately available for comment.

Does that mean Serbia get +3 goal difference and Albania -3? That's be slightly harsh if so. Why not call it 0-0 and deduct them both 1 pt?

That's probably the fairest away to call the result within the rules structure. Match abandoned and Serbia get a 3-0 win but then get deducted 3 points from their behaviour.

Goal difference means very little in the qualifiers now that it's head to head. It would be hilarious if they finished level on points and Serbia qualified over Albania due to their "win" and a better head to head record !

This means that Denmark is in top. This is like a deja vu to 1992, almost.

Oh my god.

You guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWa0dZMHYeE

Danish Euro victory in 2016. Calling it now.

On top and looking to qualify?

Nothing like 1992 then. :P

• Like 1

This means that Denmark is in top. This is like a deja vu to 1992, almost.

Oh my god.

You guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWa0dZMHYeE

Danish Euro victory in 2016. Calling it now.

On top and looking to qualify?

Nothing like 1992 then. :P

Seeing as Denmark was out in 1992 and then bullshit happened and then we were in, much like now, I was say a comparison is valid. :)

• Like 1